chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw Empty
PostSubject: Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw   Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Quote :
TNA creative team member Vince Russo a new blog on his Facebook page discussing Monday's iMPACT!, working with Hogan & Bischoff and more. Visit Facebook.com to read the full blog.

"We learned a lot, on Monday night as a company--a lot We hit some home runs, but also struck out once, or twice--but that's OK. What really mattered is that we took risks. We gave you everything we had--and didn't play it safe.

"That's what Eric Bischoff and Russo/Ferrara both did back in the mid-to late 90's. Nothing was safe--NOTHING. The programming, whether it was WWF, or WCW was DANGEROUS. Never one time, no matter how hot we got--did Eric or I EVER rest on our laurels--NEVER. I can't tell you how long Vince has been resting on his . . . I honestly can't.

"I sat in the production truck and I wanted our show, side-by-side to Vince Monday night. It was great to see Bret --I love the guy--always have. But as our show went on, and as I watched his, I just kept asking myself--'where's the effort?'"

"Does Vince think that little of TNA that he felt that he could just produce 'another show' on Monday night? I mean, you take away that first segment and that last segment, and you had a wrestling show that wasn't even mediocre at best. Again--going back to the 90's--that NEVER, would have happened if Eric, or I were in Vince's shoes--NEVER. Resting on your laurels is the worst mistake that anyone can ever make--no matter what type of business you are in."

WCW did not have medicore shows, please. 90% of WCW was completely medicore. It was full of former WWE stars and terrible gimmicks like the Kiss guy and Disco Inferno. By the end of WCW, it was fuckin terrible. Russo doesn't know that and that is a problem because he will keep booking the same dumb shit. He is terrible. TNA would be much better off without him. If Russo, Bischoff, Hogan, Jarrette, and Nash are in control of TNA, TNA will siffer the same fate as WCW.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw   Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Where's the effort? There was none; obviously because WWE knew TNA can't do anything to beat them with ratings.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw   Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Getting Hogan did nothing to put pressure on the WWE. I think they would have had Bret on exactly the same night, regardless of TNA's 3 hour show. TNA is not even on WWE radar and anyone thinks otherwise is delusional.
Back to top Go down
lwpd
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
lwpd

Male Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw   Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 pm

I shudder to think the type of skits Russo would come up with for Bret if he had the opportunity...
Back to top Go down
http://filsingergames.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw   Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:25 pm

lwpd wrote:
I shudder to think the type of skits Russo would come up with for Bret if he had the opportunity...

Well, Russo was at WCW during some of the time Bret was there and what did he do? It was not good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw   Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russo comments on TNA and Bret Hart's return to Raw
Page 1 of 1