chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All-Time: Greatest Commentator

Go down 
+3
Concrete Jesus
That-Damn-Good
Sykesy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

All-Time: Greatest Commentator Empty
PostSubject: All-Time: Greatest Commentator   All-Time: Greatest Commentator Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:45 am

Was just listening to Jesse Ventura and Vince McMahon on Commentery (Royal Rumble 88) and it got me thinking, Who is the greatest Commentator of all-time.

To me it was Jesse Ventura. He was the Heel commentator of all heel commentators. His voice was so dominant and attention grabbing. I just loved it and his comments were just brilliant.

Tony Shiavone would come in a close second.

How about you?
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Commentator   All-Time: Greatest Commentator Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 am

Ventura really does have that voice where you don't just hear him, you listen to him. Jim Ross is an obvious answer. I am biased though, cause I did grow up with him calling all those moments. But there is definitely a case for JR anyway and he'd probably be my personal pick. Bobby Heenan was always awesome too for the record.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Commentator   All-Time: Greatest Commentator Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Easy, JR.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Commentator   All-Time: Greatest Commentator Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:06 pm

Ventura is a good choice for greatest commentator. He easily has the greatest voice when it comes to wrestling commentating. Although, I wouldn't rank him as my favorite. JR, hell no! Sure, JR has called some of the most memorable and legendary matches, and that makes JR a hall of famer but based off his commentating abilities, just no. Not even close.

I have two people I want to mention. JBL. While he was only commentating for about a year I loved him commentating. He was awesome. Still not my favorite. My favorite would be Joey Styles...easily. He is simply the best play-by-play commentator and could keep us interested by himself.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Commentator   All-Time: Greatest Commentator Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:18 pm

JBL did not do it long enough to be the greatest. I really loved him calling matches, but he only did it for a year.

JR's voice connected to some of the greatest moments in history. There is no one else I would rather have heard calling Austin's first WWE Championship win or Taker tossing Mankind off of the Cell.

Joey Styles was very good and he was very good druing his short time on Raw. Coach ruined that annouce team though. Coach was so brutal, he made everyone worse.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Commentator   All-Time: Greatest Commentator Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:24 pm

^That is why I didn't pick JBL as the greatest commentator. I was just stating he was one of my personal favorites. Although, honestly, I don't see what time should really have to do with being the greatest. Quality of commentating skills not quanity of time commentating. I'm still going with Styles as the greatest.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Commentator   All-Time: Greatest Commentator Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Tony Shiavone would come in a close second

Hello? Did Tony not help kill WCW?

JR might be the voice of WWE, and yes I miss him, but Styles did it by himself and did a helluva good job doing it.
Back to top Go down
Affy
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Affy

Male Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Commentator   All-Time: Greatest Commentator Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:04 pm

JR's voice makes me want to go kill a dog.

Tazz tbh... is the best.
Back to top Go down
free fallin(The Sorrow)
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
free fallin(The Sorrow)

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Commentator   All-Time: Greatest Commentator Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:23 pm

of all time jr but current would have to be the king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All-Time: Greatest Commentator   All-Time: Greatest Commentator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All-Time: Greatest Commentator
Page 1 of 1