chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WWE to introduce new theme PPV's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

WWE to introduce new theme PPV's Empty
PostSubject: WWE to introduce new theme PPV's   WWE to introduce new theme PPV's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Quote :
WWE to Introduce More Themed PPV's - War Games, Draft, Street Fight
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

- As noted earlier, WWE's 2009 financial results revealed a sharp decline in the 2009 Survivor Series PPV buyrate (down 26% from 2008) while the company's new gimmick-themed events (Hell in a Cell, Bragging Rights, TLC) all did better than their 2008 counterparts.

In a survey sent out to the WWE Universe this morning, WWE asks fans what their level of interest is in the following potential PPV event themes:

Tournament Event Single elimination "bracket style" tournament where Superstars would compete in multiple matches during the night to become the tournament winner.

Street Fight Event Main events would include"street fight" matches where there are no disqualifications and pin-falls count anywhere. Superstars often compete in normal street clothes.

Legends Event Match participants would include WWE Legends from the past.

Money in the Bank Event The main event "Money in the Bank" match requires Superstars to climb a ladder and retrieve a briefcase hung high above the ring. The winner can "cash in" the briefcase for a championship title shot throughout the year. Qualifying matches earlier in the event will determine participants for the "Money in the Bank" match.

WWE Draft Event WWE's annual Draft where Superstars and Divas learn which brand they'll be a part of for the next year. The Draft is often the beginning of new conflicts and matchups.

Battle Bowl Event Random tag-teams compete together - sometimes arch rivals - with the winning teams being put in a 2-ring Battle Royal. The winner could potentially receive a championship title match.

Roulette Event Main event match stipulations would be determined by the spin of a roulette-type wheel.

War Games Event Teams of 5 collide in 2 cages. 2 participants begin the match with a new participant added every 5 minutes. This process is alternated between teams until all members from both teams are present.

The only one of these ideas I really like is the War Games match.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: WWE to introduce new theme PPV's   WWE to introduce new theme PPV's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:27 pm

"Tournament Event Single Elimination 'bracket style' tournament"... King of the Ring, anybody? I would LOVE to see KotR return at a Pay-per-view level. I never quite understood why they changed it. War Games also sounds pretty nifty. Everything else I could pass on.

Vince is making a mistake by basing the rise in HIAC, Bragging Rrights, and TLC ratings off of one year alone. They are still fresh. After a couple years, people will likely tire of only seeing these matches once a year.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: WWE to introduce new theme PPV's   WWE to introduce new theme PPV's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Boy, these ideas, for the most part, are horrible...

Quote :
WWE to Introduce More Themed PPV's - War Games, Draft, Street Fight
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

- As noted earlier, WWE's 2009 financial results revealed a sharp decline in the 2009 Survivor Series PPV buyrate (down 26% from 2008) while the company's new gimmick-themed events (Hell in a Cell, Bragging Rights, TLC) all did better than their 2008 counterparts.

In a survey sent out to the WWE Universe this morning, WWE asks fans what their level of interest is in the following potential PPV event themes:

Tournament Event Single elimination "bracket style" tournament where Superstars would compete in multiple matches during the night to become the tournament winner.

So, King of the Ring? I like this idea personally, but not if they are going to call it something else. Honestly, I don't see why the would.

Quote :
Street Fight Event Main events would include"street fight" matches where there are no disqualifications and pin-falls count anywhere. Superstars often compete in normal street clothes.

Oh, hell no! I can't imagine this selling too well. The other gimmick matches are pretty damn over that the choose to model a PPV after, Street Fight, is not.

Quote :
Legends Event Match participants would include WWE Legends from the past.

I'm indifferent. It'd be cool to see wrestlers like Ricky Steamboat wrestle again as he most certainly still can put on a great match but how many legends could they really get like that? It's cool for nostalgia and the legends who can still put on a good show like Steamboat but overall it sounds bad.

Quote :
Money in the Bank Event The main event "Money in the Bank" match requires Superstars to climb a ladder and retrieve a briefcase hung high above the ring. The winner can "cash in" the briefcase for a championship title shot throughout the year. Qualifying matches earlier in the event will determine participants for the "Money in the Bank" match.

No, this match fits perfectly with Mania, no need to take that out and put it out as it's own PPV. How many people seriously would a buy a PPV just for the Money in the Bank match? Really, bad idea.

Quote :
WWE Draft Event WWE's annual Draft where Superstars and Divas learn which brand they'll be a part of for the next year. The Draft is often the beginning of new conflicts and matchups.

Not sure why they would dedicate an entire PPV to it. It's been working fine on Raw.

Quote :
Battle Bowl Event Random tag-teams compete together - sometimes arch rivals - with the winning teams being put in a 2-ring Battle Royal. The winner could potentially receive a championship title match.

Roulette Event Main event match stipulations would be determined by the spin of a roulette-type wheel.

War Games Event Teams of 5 collide in 2 cages. 2 participants begin the match with a new participant added every 5 minutes. This process is alternated between teams until all members from both teams are present.

Roulette is a an alright idea but I'm not high on the other two. Battle Bowl is just kind of meh and War Games I don't see the point of. The match itself will probably be good but I just don't see why.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: WWE to introduce new theme PPV's   WWE to introduce new theme PPV's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:13 pm

This was just a survey, so not all of these ideas will be used. I will have to see one of these ideas in action before I say it sucks, but some of the ideas sound dumb.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: WWE to introduce new theme PPV's   WWE to introduce new theme PPV's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:52 pm

So basically, Vince suggests bringing back King of the Ring, Slamboree (the first Slamborees consisted in mostly Legends matches) or War Games.

Personally, there isn't a whole lot of these gimmick PPV ideas that I don't like. I don't think we need a PPV for street fights, even less for a draft. Money in the Bank should still be for Wrestlemania. It's a very good draw for midcards and a great way to showcase them on a night where the focus is primarily on the top tier wrestlers in the promotion. I'm hoping to see the King of the Ring back but I'm really excited at the possibility of bringing War Games back and I'd be curious to see what Vince would do with a Battle Bowl like PPV event.

Much better than I anticipated. I was fearing a Blindfold Match PPV concept lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE to introduce new theme PPV's   WWE to introduce new theme PPV's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE to introduce new theme PPV's
Page 1 of 1