chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WCW Discussion Thread

Go down 
+3
EdgeHead
Y2J X
Sykesy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

WCW Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Discuss here.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:57 pm

This looks really good, I'm a little disappoint Chavo is cruiserweight champion. Chavo is one of my favorites, I just wished that he won it in a match (since the cruiserweight championship would be returning). He's the smartest champ to pick though, with all his previous reigns.. I'm putting my money on Kaval winning the tournament right now, with Mysterio (sadly) the other possible winner. Also wished Miz would've stayed United States champion, and maybe lose it to Punk on the show.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Fair points, But this is set in May of 2011. Cruiserweight Championship idea was good but you could not expect Miz to hold the US Championship till may.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:05 pm

^Oh, I guess I just must of read over the date, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:23 am

WCW show is up ... Early for most but it is monday night over here
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Good first show, the best part is the fact that Mysterio lost. I'm a little ticked that you're using the Daniel Bryan (I really hate that name) name for Danielson yet not using Bourne for Sydal. Especially, considering Bryan Danielson was actually mentioned on WWE TV. That's one of two miniscual problems though. The other was that the date and the rebirth was one the right, but neither of those problems really matter. Everything else is good. Kind of figured with the position Danielson is in, he wouldn't of went to shake Shows hand, but the angle was the most enjoyable and interesting so that doesn't matter. Good show, still picking Kaval to win the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:57 pm

If you know Danielson outside of WWE you would understand the handshake thing. He does it in most matches.

Also, Daniel Bryan grew on me and Danielson used it so they could not Copyright his name. Makes sense IMO. Plus Evan Bourne is just a terrible name
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Sykesy wrote:
If you know Danielson outside of WWE you would understand the handshake thing. He does it in most matches.

Also, Daniel Bryan grew on me and Danielson used it so they could not Copyright his name. Makes sense IMO. Plus Evan Bourne is just a terrible name

I think Evan Bourne is a better name then Daniel Bryan, but both are pretty stupid. Especially when compared to their other names, but like I said, it's a little problem that doesn't really do anything against the show. Oh, and thanks for the handshake thing, I only remembering seeing one non WWE match, and that was Danielson vs. Punk, and I don't recall him doing it there.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:36 pm

Apologies for this weeks show guys. I was in a rush so some things may be poorly written or whatever. Anyway, Enjoy what is decent.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:53 am

I have made some changes to the show for what I think is better in the long run. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Steve Austin, not as general manager is a very good decision. I really don't think having Cold as GM, minus the business perspective, was a good idea. I'm hoping the General Manager is JBL, because I've wanted and been on saying on CGS since he retired at Wrestlemania XXV, that he should been Raw's General Manager. That's something else though.

The tag championships are obviously a smart idea. You set up a few good teams so it just makes the most sense. The TNA talent is alright. It really depends what you do with them, and I figure you have something big planned for them, so it seems good.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Just so you know, Not all reports come true ... [This regarding the TNA guys]
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:28 pm

^Yeah, I realize that. I was speaking in general terms of you bringing in TNA guys, I'm figuring that at least one person from TNA is being brought in.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Yeah, Fair point. We will just see
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Show is up ... My best yet I think.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Okay, I only really have two to three problems with this show.

Firstly, the cruiserweight tournament ending was kind of poor. I'm really glad Kaval won, he was my pick, but I kind of think and want Chavo to beat him come Bash At The Beach. I mean it started the show and lasted under three minutes, I mean, it's not a big problem but I kind of expected more from the ending.

Secondly, Kelly Kelly being a member of Team Perfection. Her face isn't pretty look at, and her wrestling is pretty bad, she's far from perfect. Even kayfabe wise, I don't get it. Ziggler and Rhodes makes sense as that team, Ziggler theme is as far as you need to go to figure out why he'd be on the team. Rhodes, even especially dashing gimmick, makes perfect sense to be on the team. I know Kelly could've of change gimmicks to fit the team, because she's never had one so far that would, but she wasn't even on the past weeks to promote it.

Finally, at the end of the show, Edge and Miz are calling Danielson a coward basically, and his retaliation to that, was bring out the big red machine, World champion Kane. That's not really a problem, I just found that funny.

All these problems, are just little nitpicks and nothing to major and I do agree that this was probably the best. Danielson's team is great, as is Edge's, I'm looking forward to seeing who the new general manager is, and I'm going back and forth whether or not I'd rather see Chavo or Kaval win, so this is all going great. Just minor problems I had.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:06 am

Thanks for your thoughts. Firstly, I wanna make Kaval look like the next big Upper Mid-carder. Hence the three minute victory.

Kelly joined the team [Simply because I had nothing for her]. Plus due to her being a "Pretty Blonde" she is instantly given that 'Perfect stereotype' which honestly I feel makes a lot of sense. Sure, Kelly as a heel is off putting but eh.

Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Well, thinking about it, it does make a lot of sense that somebody Kelly Kelly would fit the "Perfect stereotype" but like you said, I think the issue is more that we've never seen Kelly Kelly as a heel so we don't know exactly how it would turn out.

Personally, I felt like you did a strong job on that show. Looking forward to your next show.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:25 am

I like Kelly Kelly in that group. She is a good-looking blonde in the same mould as Lacey Von Erich in TNA - but a better wrestler. Sure we haven't seen her as a heel before but that doesn't mean she couldn't pull it off. I think she'd be fine. She certainly has the right look to be in that team.

I hope Kaval wins the tourney. Not that I don't like (-orgasm-) Chavo but he's been a lower mid-card guy for so long that it would be hard for him to really gain anything from winning the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Well last show before Bash At the Beach is up and with some interesting developments. The PPV has been updated as well.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Really enjoyed this weeks WCW, my only problem was the respect build to Chavo/Kaval. I don't really like Chavo as a face, so I'm hoping this leads to a heel turn by Chavo, preferably after Kaval beats him for the championship.

Bash at the Beach is a solid card though, the only match I don't really care about is the Million Dollar Championship one, mainly because of Shad. Although, I assume it's going to lead into something at least cool. So many different angles that can be built from the whole substitute thing, so I am interested in seeing how that goes. I kind of wished Matt would of not got "injured", I'd rather it have been Mysterio. Looking forward to the PPV though.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Thanks for the thoughts and the Shad/MVP thing will be good. I have a solid plan.

Also, A heel turn by Chavo is repetitive. Like how many times have we seen Chavo play the respect angle? ... never. I find it fresh, But I may change my mind on a turn.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:21 pm

^I guess but Chavo's feud with Rey back in 06 was one of the things that really made me big on wrestling (albeit, it's a minor factor in comparison to DX, Kennedy/Taker, MVP/Kane [well, Kane in general]), so I'm kind of set in my ways about Chavo as a heel. Although, I definitely enjoy the fact that you are doing some original things within your booking.

Oh, and I'm not sure if I commented on Shane being general manager (don't think I did) but I kicked myself for not thinking of Shane. Seems so obvious... yet I was thinking JBL.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:52 pm

I like what you've been doing with this. If I ever branch off and do my own again, which by the way. I was thinking of bringing back the new WWE. I would do it like this. Because I'm better than this than RPing.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:37 am

Pretty good show you got going. You were able to recapture some of the spirit of what WCW was like in its final days with the roster you have. Really enjoying what I'm seeing so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WCW Discussion Thread   WCW Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WCW Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next