chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Empty
PostSubject: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:52 pm

Main card
Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Chael Sonnen
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves
Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida
Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Junior dos Santos

Preliminary card
Welterweight bout: Dustin Hazelett vs. Rick Story
Light Heavyweight bout: Phil Davis vs. Rodney Wallace
Light Heavyweight bout: Tim Boetsch vs. Todd Brown
Welterweight bout: Johny Hendricks vs. Charlie Brenneman
Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs. Christian Morecraft
Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs. Dennis Hallman

Thoughts? Predictions? Awards?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 pm

I will give my thoughts on the whole card later, but I think Sonnen has talked so much shit, he will have Silva more fired up then he has ever been. Sonnen talks about getting Silva on his back, but Silva has BJJ game. He submited Lutter and Marqadt (I think) with a triangle, from his back. He also submitted an awesome wrestler in Hendo. Getting Silva on his back doesn't equal a win for Sonnen.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Or he's talked so much shit that Silva will dance for the entire 5 rounds. Silva danced for 2 and a half rounds last time because of a joke Maia made a couple years ago, can you imagine how much dancing he'll do with Sonnen's trash talking now Razz

I'll give full thoughts after you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:38 pm

^^Why? So you can steal mine, even though you know way more about these dudes then I do?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:19 pm

^^So I can respond to your predictions in my post at the same time cuz I'm lazy.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:14 pm

OK then, I have to do a bit of research because I don't remember Fitch's or Alves's last fight and when I think of Almedia, I think of Tony Almedia from 24.

I think JDS is going to win, but I think he needs to stay on his feet. If Nelson can get JDS down and use his fat to keep him there, JDS will lose and Nelson will be Lesner's next victim.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:10 am

Here are the rest of my main card predictions.
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves; The reason I couldn't remember Alves's last fight is it happen about 13 months ago. I think Octagon Rust will hurt Alves and Fitch wins.
Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos; I am going with a shot in the dark here and taking The Carpenter
Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida; Matt Hughes is a HOFer and one of the biggest names in UFC history, but the game has passed him by and he has run out of Grace's to beat up, Almedia wins.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Nelson/JDS
While JDS' striking is clearly his strength, I think some people might be underestimating his ground game. He's no blackbelt like Roy Nelson, but he's a brown belt in BJJ under the Nog brothers. Now I guess it depends on whether you believe Sonnen's claim that those belts come from happy meals or not, but I think he'll be able to hold his own on the ground. I've got JDS by TKO.

Hughes/Almeida
This is a big fight for Hughes IMO. Sure he's won two in a row, but they came against a now fringe fighter in Matt Serra and an old Gracie. Almeida is a bigger test than both of them and will be telling of how much Hughes has left in him. While Almeida may be the favourite, I think Hughes will win 2 rounds and squeek out a decision.

Guida/dos Anjos
I just don't really like Guida. He's all intense and shit before the fight and people say he's like an energizer battery and just goes, but you know what, all he does is get on top of you and lays there. To me, he's about as boring as Fitch (who is also on this card...). Guida lays and prays his way to a decision win.

Fitch/Alves
As I mentioned, lay and pray. Fitch will probably take it by decision and earn himself a title shot against GSP (can't remember if posted here anywhere, but Dana said Fitch/Alves winner will get a title shot at a recent interview). If Fitch wins, his record does justify a rematch. He's basically beat everyone not named GSP (except Shields, but that's only because he's new to the UFC).

Silva/Sonnen
I'm hoping Sonnen, but common sense says Silva. One of the best strikers against one of the worst in the MW division. Sonnen better hope he can take enough punches to the face to get close to Silva to take him down. If he can close the distance in 3 of the rounds without getting kocked out, he could pull off the upset. I wouldn't count on it though.

Fight of the Night: Nelson/JDS
Submission of the Night: Stefan Struve
Knockout of the Night: Anderson Silva

What are your award predictions?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:47 pm

I haven't posted it yet, but I just read that White is giving the winner of Fitch vs. Alves a title shot. In other words, who ever wins that fight will be GSP's next victim. Fitch got his ass kicked the first time, but that was like 3 years ago and GSP is a better fighter now. The WW Div needed Sheilds, because GSP has run through just about everyone already. They are starting to get into the rematch ass kickins for guys like Koscheck and Fitch.

I don't know where to go on Sub of the Night, but I agree with you on these 2. Fight of the Night: Nelson/JDS Knockout of the Night: Anderson Silva. I think Sonnen is going to have early success taking Silva down a few times, but I don't think he can finish Silva and eventually the ref will keep standing them up. This fight ends when Sonnen shoots in and Silva knees Sonnen in the face and turns his lights out.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Definitely one of the best cards I have seen in a long time. Let's just hope Silva gets his ass kicked.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Holy shit, someone other then Baba and myself posting in a UFC thread. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen   UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 117: Silva vs Sonnen
Page 1 of 1