chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Official Night Of Champions Thread

Go down 
+3
Master Of Destruction
Concrete Jesus
Y2J X
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:36 am

Overall, I am very excited about this PPV card. It totally sucks that Show is probably going to squash Punk, but the rest of the card looks great.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:05 pm

*Card Updated*

Intercontinental Championship match added. An obvious but welcomed addition to the card.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:01 pm

I am looking forward to every match, except Show vs. Punk. I think this is the best PPV card since Mania and I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Wait, How can Punk Vs Show be at NOC. There is no Championship involved?
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Ari Gold wrote:
Wait, How can Punk Vs Show be at NOC. There is no Championship involved?

Thus the "Fuck WWE" I posted when I updated the card to add that match in.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:10 am

It's not ONLY championship's being defend, it's just that all them are meant to be.
Like Hell in a Cell isn't all HIaC matches.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Captain Dickmaster wrote:
It's not ONLY championship's being defend, it's just that all them are meant to be.
Like Hell in a Cell isn't all HIaC matches.

It use to only be championship matches and I can distinctly remember hearing the phrase/tagline (don't think it was every used as an official tagline), "Every match, is a championship match", during the first PPVs. So, even though you're technical right (or just right), I can't accept this while still remembering that.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:03 pm

I can remember that too, but now it's just 'Every championship will be defended'

I think it lowers the prestige of certain titles to have them defended in a title only show anyway...
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Captain Dickmaster wrote:
I can remember that too, but now it's just 'Every championship will be defended'

I think it lowers the prestige of certain titles to have them defended in a title only show anyway...

I know, but it still irritates me when they just change the PPV gimmick, even if it is something minor, like that. I'm especially not going to accept in when it's for a crappy match like Show vs. Punk.

I don't really see how you can think that. The only titles being devalued by this PPV is the Tag Titles because they aren't booked yet, and they haven't really gotten any kind of build to a title match.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:20 pm

I think it's because I'm used to watching feds that have one title match if any and they always get the main event, just to keep the prestige up.

Plus, having something like the US title as an opener, then a tag match, then a singles match then the IC title would lower the prestige of the US title in my eyes (not saying that's going to happen, just giving an example).
I don't find the IC title having much prestige nowadays in the most part anyway, probably from me having little to no interest in the current champ or recent champs.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:47 pm

Dolph is an awesome IC Champion and hopefully he gets rid of Vikki very soon.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:38 pm

*Card Updated*

Jericho added back in and the elimination stip added.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Dolph is an awesome IC Champion and hopefully he gets rid of Vikki very soon.

Meh, not high on Dolph if I'm honest. And Vickie's there so any interest died with her husband.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:17 pm

*Card Updated*

Gimmick added to Kane vs. Undertaker. Decent gimmick but a casket match would've been a better fit.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Apart from Show/Punk, This is a great card and I look forward to the event. I still see Barrett or Orton winning though.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah, Show vs. Punk sucks, but hopefully this will end that suck ass feud. I would like to see a Casket Match too, but I highly doubt this feud ends at HAIC, so there will be time to have a Casket Match. I want to see a Buried Alive Match. Taker still owes Kane for buring him, at SS, in 03.
Back to top Go down
IAmRuffles
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student
IAmRuffles

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:38 am

This 2010 one is the first where not every match was a title match... GAY! Especially since they did this because of Punk And Show... Punk is great but teaming him up with the elephant feud killer is a recipe for disaster. I can see Jericho winning the title match, seeing as his DVD just got released. And I'm hoping they have a good championship match but Kane comes out the defending champion. Couldnt care less about The Miz's match Razz And I hope Ziggler retains too... For the womans match... Hm I just want to see alot of hot woman on woman action Smile -Wink Wink-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Night Of Champions Thread   The Official Night Of Champions Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Night Of Champions Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2