chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw! Empty
PostSubject: The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw!   The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:04 pm

I. World Heavyweight Champion Kane confronted Bret Hart; Raw GM arranged Hart vs. The Undertaker.

II. U.S. Champion The Miz & Alex Riley def. Daniel Bryan & Kaval and Kofi Kingston & Michael McGillicutty in a Triple Threat Tag Team Match via Skull Crushing Finale on Kaval.

III. Divas Champion Melina & Eve def. “Co-Women’s Champions” Layla & Michelle McCool via roll up; Championship Unification Lumberjack Match arranged for Night of Champions.

IV. R-Truth & John Morrison vs. Drew McIntyre & “Dashing” Cody Rhodes ended in a Double Disqualification.

V. The Undertaker vs. Bret Hart ended in a No Contest; World Heavyweight Champion Kane and The Nexus attacked The Deadman.

VI. Jack Swagger def. Evan Bourne via ankle lock.

VII. Big Show confronted The Straight Edge Society.

IX. The Nexus def. WWE Champion Sheamus, John Cena, Edge, Chris Jericho & Randy Orton in a 5-on-5 Tag Team Elimination Match.

I'll explain my thoughts later, but here is the concise version... it fucking sucked! It was one of the worst Raw's I've seen in quite a long time. About everything on this show was awful, just plain awful. It wasn't just that it was a letdown for the 900th episode, it was a huge letdown from a regular Raw. It sucked so so badly. I hated it, I absolutely hated it.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw!   The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:26 pm

I actually liked it. I loved the opening segment, seeing Bret and Taker in the ring was awesome for me. I knew something was going to happen when they made Bret vs. Taker. I knew Bret wasn't actually going to wrestle. I was hoping to see Taker get some of Nexus, but the mark in me was disapointed when they kicked his ass.

They planted the seed for Jericho's leave from the WWE with a backstage segment.

At least the Diva match was short and I am like the idea of combining the 2 Diva titles. I just hope to hell McCool doesn't win it.

I did not see the point in the Tag Team #1Contenders match, that was a wasted segment.

The thing I didn't like about the main event was how fast the eliminations came and I read that Taker faced Sheamus, in a Steel Cage, after Raw went off the air. I would have much rather seen that match.

I didn't hate Raw, but I was disapointed with some of if it.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw!   The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:39 pm

I. World Heavyweight Champion Kane confronted Bret Hart; Raw GM arranged Hart vs. The Undertaker.

Okay, so we start off Raw with something I immediately don't like, Bret Hart. He's return hasn't been awful, I mean, it certianly could have been much worse, I wish he stopped at Wrestlemania XXVI. Anyways, it wasn't too bad, Kane comes out (without his championship, it bothered me) and starts talking to Bret. My main problem with Kane's promo is well two things...

I. Kane says he has to do what Taker did and destroy an icon (referring to Shawn). Why didn't he say, he had to do something bigger than what Taker did, and destroy a hall of famer? Doesn't that sound better than being equal with something your brother, the guy your breaking free of his shadows from, did? That pissed me off.

II, Kane says, "The last time Taker was truly the Phenom was at Wrestlemania XXVI when he ended the career of Shawn Michaels", bullshit! Anyone remember Kane's promo on why he attacked Taker. Wasn't the defining moment were he realized Taker wasn't the phenom, at Wrestlemania XXVI, when he showed mercy!? Yes, it was. So the last time Taker was the phenom, was the time that proved he was no longer than phenom... What The Fuck!? That makes no sense, yet Kane said it. This really pisses me off, it happened two weeks ago, WWE is normally better than this. Can someone please explain this to me... CJ, Sykesy, Edgehead, Kane, anyone!

Anyways, Kane starts attacking Bret, and the Hart Dynasty come out and get completely destroyed by Kane. They are not booking The Hart Dynasty strong at all. The worse part is, that a couple of seconds later, the Bret Hart starts taking it to Kane. He gets Kane backed to the rope, Kane thankfully gets the upperhand. I don't know, maybe this pisses me off because The Hart Dynasty still have a career, not killing theirs, yet they get killed and Bret is pushed stronger. Taker comes out and Taker vs. Bret is announced and the show is killed for me. I almost died when I heard that, luckily it doesn't happen but I was ready to stop watching at that point. One segment in.

II. U.S. Champion The Miz & Alex Riley def. Daniel Bryan & Kaval and Kofi Kingston & Michael McGillicutty in a Triple Threat Tag Team Match via Skull Crushing Finale on Kaval.

The triple threat tag match, sucked based off the facts that is unbelievable predictable. Like, based off the entrances you could predict basically everything because it was so damn obvious. Here is how you could and how I did accurately figure out the entire results. Who's winner, well Miz and Riley are the only ones who got entrances, so they automatically win. Who's going to get pinned, well Kofi and McGillicutty got entrance music, which indicates that they aren't going to be pinned, as they got more than Daniel Bryan and Kaval. Who's going to get the pin, well Miz is United States champion, mr. money in the bank, and is being molded as the next WWE champion, so he's the safe pick. Who's going to get pinned, well Miz and Bryan are feuding, if Miz pinned Bryan it diminishes the feud, so Kaval is getting pinned. Sure enough, all that happened. The match itself was pretty decent, but the predictability kills it for me.

III. Divas Champion Melina & Eve def. “Co-Women’s Champions” Layla & Michelle McCool via roll up; Championship Unification Lumberjack Match arranged for Night of Champions.

Eve doesn't wrestle. Layla, McCool, and Melina barely wrestle. This match is over very quickly, but I understand it because of the unification match. Which by the way, I had a slight feeling it be about a unification match, and I hate that the thought was right. Why? Because if Melina, my favorite WWE diva ... of all time, wins, I'll probably have to deal with the shitty Diva's championship design, but if she loses, I have to deal with LayCool, my least favorite divas ... of all time (and yes, because of their gimmick that gives me suicidal thoughts) as champions but we probably keep the Women's championship. I'm voting on Melina and I'm voting on her keeping the Women's.

IV. R-Truth & John Morrison vs. Drew McIntyre & “Dashing” Cody Rhodes ended in a Double Disqualification.

The tag team match ... for the 900th episode of Raw, we have another match, which could of been great, end within two minutes. I got why they did that with the Divas match, but this was just unentertaining bullshit. I also don't get either of the pairings, they just kind of seem random, I know there's been a build to both and such but I still don't quite get it. Anyways, this match was awful, barely was a match, and it just pissed me off.

V. The Undertaker vs. Bret Hart ended in a No Contest; World Heavyweight Champion Kane and The Nexus attacked The Deadman.

Even though the match didn't happen, this was probably the worst part of Raw. This was awful in every fucking sense possible. I probably would have preferred Taker vs. Bret. I'm dead serious. Like that would of just sucked, it wouldn't of made Nexus look like complete wimps. Okay, here's what happens Barrett comes out, alone, to take on both Taker and Hart, or just Taker, I don't remember. Now, I was so relieved when Taker vs. Hart wasn't going to happen but is Barrett fucking dumb? Whatever, he gets annihilated. Then it goes dark, and Kane comes in the ring. Taker and him brawl, and Taker gets the advantage, it goes dark again, and Kane is gone, then the other Nexus members come out. Now, for the next part, they surround Undertaker...

Oh wait! Before I continue, remember Taker is suppose to be weaker, you know that's kind of the storyline. Kane has seriously injured Taker, into a vegetative state. So, Taker comes back earlier, and not completely healed, keep that in mind.

All five attack Taker, and Taker fucking demolishes the Nexus! All five members, at once! The guys that took Cena, Jericho, Edge, the Raw roster, gets obliterated by one man! Albeit the man is Undertaker, but he is a weakened Undertaker! Five man, can't take on a weakened Undertaker. They weren't even a fucking challenge! I'm not much of a potty mouth, but it's really fucking pissing me off! So, what has been built up as a huge threat to WWE, landed no moves on an weakened Taker. I initially had it written down has three, but I rewatched, and I counted, they hit not one fucking move! How the fuck can anyone expect to take these guys seriously, if they can't even punch Taker, five on on! It makes no sense, and it gets worse...

It goes dark again, and now Barrett has Taker in the Wasteland, he hits it, and Gabriel hits the 450 Splash. Kane is shown on the ramp, obviously being the reason for this and yet for the entire rest of the night, Michael Cole (don't think King does, he might) states that the Nexus completely dominated the Undertaker. Fuck WWE! Everytime I heard this bullshit I wanted to stop watching Raw, permantely. Nobody, that is nobody, can honestly tell me that they walked away from that segment, and truthfully state "The Nexus dominated Taker, the Nexus completely destroyed Taker, Taker was helpless to the Nexus". Because Kane is the reason the Nexus got the advantage, and the only reason, they got the advantage. I know I'm really bitching, but it really irrated me that match, my head is killing me just thinking about this bullshit. I honestly feel like crying... I'm not joking. I'm holding back tears right now, because of how much this kind of complete and utter bullshit from something that gave my life purpose. I wish it wasn't this bad, I know it's overacting but I can't help it. I don't even like to swear that much, I'm a very low/moderate swearer, I can't help not say/type fucking or bullshit when it concerns this fucking bullshit. I almost said the F word seven times when just explaining this retarded portion of the show to my dad. I'm done, moving on! Have to get my mind on something more positive...

VI. Jack Swagger def. Evan Bourne via ankle lock.

Swagger vs. Bourne, I don't remember much about the match. Now, Swagger and Bourne seem to wrestle a lot. Like, when I didn't watch Raw at all, the rare times I did, Swagger was always facing Bourne. Alberto Del Rio interrupts and covers half the screen for the majority of the match, he doesn't do anything, he just enters, I don't remember the match. I remember his poor mic skills boring the crap out of me, I remember Mark Henry returning to save Bourne. Since this is the 900th episode, you expect something bigger than Henry's return. I'm not really reviewing this based off it being the 900th, all the review so far has been whether or not it's good, but for the 900th when the biggest return name is Mark Henry, that's just disappointing.

VII. Big Show confronted The Straight Edge Society.

Thank you CM Punk! For the first time, in the entire show, I'm enjoying it. Punk is all going out, "Raw is dispicable!". Best part of Raw "I've got two words for you... Katie Vick! Don't get it, that's fine, youtube it and it'll drive you to drink"... something like that, it was badass. He does a top five worst moments, he disses the Rock ("I don't make crappy moves like the Toothfairy") and Stone Cold. He does a Stone Cold fake out, Stone Cold music hits, and after awhile it starts and Punks on the floor laughing. He gets up and starts going "Did you fall for it!? You Fell for it, I see it on your faces!" Show comes out, does a Hogan impression (like every single fucking Hogan impression, Let me tell you something, brothers, dudes, stuff I've seen a lot and am sick of seeing). Punk still manages to save this by saying "I thought you said something about being entertaining? That was borning. You're not funny and nobody likes you!". Punk get's attacked but I was laughing my ass off. The best moment of Raw "You're not funny and nobody likes you!" I laughed everytime I watched it, which was like six times. Congrats to CM Punk, you turned crap into something entertaining!

IX. The Nexus def. WWE Champion Sheamus, John Cena, Edge, Chris Jericho & Randy Orton in a 5-on-5 Tag Team Elimination Match.

The Nexus vs. Team Cena... this sucked but was alright in comparsion. Jericho get's counted out, even does the fake out (like he's going to go in the ring but doesn't!). Then Edge get's DQ'd and I have a feeling Sheamus will do something next. No, he actually does wrestle, he doesn't eliminate anyone or tags anyone in but he wrestles. Like, this is your WWE Champion, he gets killed by Randy Orton week after week and they couldn't have had him eliminate someone off Nexus? Orton and Cena however, get two eliminations each. Anyways Cena comes in, and eliminates Slater then Otunga. Oh, and Slater does his finisher but he does it wrong. I'm not sure if he was going for Sweetness (Jumping russian leg sweep) or the jumping neckbreaker, because it didn't look anything like those two. Maybe it was a new move. Gabriel gets kind of a shock 450 Splash to eliminate Cena, Orton makes quick work of Tarver and Gabriel, and Barrett defeats Orton with the Wasteland for the win.

One of the worst Raws, I've ever seen. Just an abomination.

Last edited by Y2J X on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw!   The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:54 pm

I have watched at least 650 episodes of Raw, on the orginal air date, and this wasn't the worst one, but it wasn't the best either.

At WM, Taker was the Phenom in one moment and showed mercy the next and losing his "Phenom" status. I don't know, but I will go with that.

I thought the Triple Threat wasn't good because it was given enough TV time to be good. Last night's NXT had a very good Triple Threat and it got about twice as much TV time.

There were 2 segments that I thought were an absolute waste of time. One being that Number 1 Contender Tag match and two, Swagger vs. Bourne. It was a lame attempt at putting Del Rio into a Raw he probably had no business being a part of.

Taker was eventually over taken by the Nexus, so I didn't have a problem with Taker getting a few shots in on them.

I was really enjoying Punk's segment, I was even fooled when Austin's music hit. The segment died for me when Show came to the ring. Show is quite possibly the worst stand up comic I have ever heard.

Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw!   The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:24 am

Concrete Jesus wrote:
I have watched at least 650 episodes of Raw, on the orginal air date, and this wasn't the worst one, but it wasn't the best either.

I wouldn't call it the worst but it's definitely on of the worst ones I've ever seen. It was just completely awful.

Quote :
At WM, Taker was the Phenom in one moment and showed mercy the next and losing his "Phenom" status. I don't know, but I will go with that.

I guess, but that just sounds stupid to me. Whatever, I like this feud and I'm not going to let it get to me.

Quote :
I thought the Triple Threat wasn't good because it was given enough TV time to be good. Last night's NXT had a very good Triple Threat and it got about twice as much TV time.

None of the matches got a good amount of Tv time. I don't care about that, as they put on a decent match, but it was so damn predictable. I shouldn't of been able to figure out that Miz is going to get the pin on Kaval to win just by the entrances.

Quote :
There were 2 segments that I thought were an absolute waste of time. One being that Number 1 Contender Tag match and two, Swagger vs. Bourne. It was a lame attempt at putting Del Rio into a Raw he probably had no business being a part of.

You know what really surpises me about that, it's not like Del Rio will ever become prominant on Raw. I mean, I believe they're going to turn him face, when the time is right, so he can "take" Rey's place and bring in the hispanic demographics for Smackdown. I doubt Del Rio will ever become as popular as Rey, and when Mysterio was on Raw, he wasn't able to bring that over to Raw, so I don't think we will really see Alberto on Raw.

Quote :
Taker was eventually over taken by the Nexus, so I didn't have a problem with Taker getting a few shots in on them.

No, Kane got invovled and they took advantage. Nexus charged at a weakened Taker and he destroys them without them getting a single punch on him! No one in Nexus was able to even punch Taker! So Taker is completely destroying them, the lights go out (obviously Kane's doing) and Nexus take advantage. Then Cole talks the entire night about how dominate they were over Taker, when it's plain that they only managed to hit Taker because of Kane!

Quote :
I was really enjoying Punk's segment, I was even fooled when Austin's music hit. The segment died for me when Show came to the ring. Show is quite possibly the worst stand up comic I have ever heard.

Yeah, Show was awful but I still think Punk saved that by saying "You're not funny and nobody likes you!". That was just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw!   The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:48 pm

I was laughing my ass off at Punk's "Katie Vick" jab.

I loved seeing the Kane and Taker angle take center stage on Raw. I was so excited about it, my mark brain took over and I didn't think about it much.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw!   The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:04 pm

It was shit.

Punk and Show was the only thing worth watching. (And yes, not just Punk, Show did his part too and I found him entertaining as his part.)
I'll admit, the Austin prank caught me out, and I liked the Katie Vick jab. I also liked Big Shows terrible one liner of 'I'm not high, I'm tall.' which made me laugh.

The Tag triple threat was alright but nothing amazing (and it could have been so much better), the rest was pretty shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw!   The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 900th Episode of Monday Night Raw!
Page 1 of 1