chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Empty
PostSubject: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:23 am

Preliminary card
Light Heavyweight bout: James McSweeney vs. Fabio Maldonado
Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Kurt Warburton
Lightweight bout: Paul Sass vs. Mark Holst
Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Stanislav Nedkov
Heavyweight bout: Rob Broughton vs. Vinicius Queiroz
Light Heavyweight bout: Cyrille Diabaté vs. Alexander Gustafsson

Main card
Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Claude Patrick
Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne
Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle
Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:27 pm

I'll watch this one because it is free, but I am not really excited about any of these fights. I hope that hell Bisping gets his face punched off, but I am not sure how Akiyama is in a main event. He is coming off of a loss to Leben, so should Leben be in this fight?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:23 am

Because Akiyama is sexy, therefore he gets the main event.

Only fight I'm looking forward to on this card is Hardy/Condit. Should be FOTN IMO.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 pm

For me this is like the mid-card to Lesner vs. Cain, next Sat.
Back to top Go down
I Am Rocco
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
I Am Rocco

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Bisping and Hardy to take the fights.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle: Hathaway is said to be a rising star, but I can't remember much about him right now. I am sure that I have seen him fight, but I don't remember him.
Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit: Dan Hardy will probably out strike Condit and he has something to prove after being decimated by GSP.
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama: This match up gives Bisping another chance to win in his home country. Akiyama seems to gas out by the 3rd RD, so cardio will probably favor Bisping and win him the fight. I still don't think Akiyama should be in a main event, after tapping out to Leben in his last fight, but I really don't like Bisping because he is constantly running his mouth. The Wolf's Liar needs to stop whinning about wrestlers taking them to the ground and do something about it. Shut your mouth and learn how to stay on your feet and learn how to get off the mat. Basically, learn some wrestling skills.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle: Hathaway is said to be a rising star, but I can't remember much about him right now. I am sure that I have seen him fight, but I don't remember him.
Hathaway beat up Diego when he returned to WW.

Concrete Jesus wrote:

Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit: Dan Hardy will probably out strike Condit and he has something to prove after being decimated by GSP.
Too much is made of Dan Hardy's striking. To my knowledge, Hardy doesn't have a lot of TKOs or KOs in the UFC, but everybody keeps talking about his striking. On the flip side, Condit showed in his last fight with The Waterboy, that he has very diversed striking and a solid chin. I still take Condit to win wherever he wants to.

Concrete Jesus wrote:

Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama: This match up gives Bisping another chance to win in his home country. Akiyama seems to gas out by the 3rd RD, so cardio will probably favor Bisping and win him the fight. I still don't think Akiyama should be in a main event, after tapping out to Leben in his last fight, but I really don't like Bisping because he is constantly running his mouth. The Wolf's Liar needs to stop whinning about wrestlers taking them to the ground and do something about it. Shut your mouth and learn how to stay on your feet and learn how to get off the mat. Basically, learn some wrestling skills.
His cardio is definitely suspect. I wonder whether the fact that he's so well-diversed in terms of his stardom has any effect on his cardio. He's so famous in Japan and he does so many things like singing and stuff, I think that might take time away from his training and therefore his gas tank. Bisping has pillow hands, so if Sexy doesn't gas, he should be able to take it.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Dan Hardy just got rocked by Condit. Hardy has lost 2 in a row, maybe now he will shut the fuck up.

Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Doubt it. He'll always be talking.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Dan Hardy had the best post fight interview ever. Joe Rogan: "What happened out there?" "What caused you to lose the fight?" Dan Hardy: "I got punched in the face." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Yeah I was expecting a larger reaction from the crowd for that answer, I guess some people missed it or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama   UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 120: Bisping vs Akiyama
Page 1 of 1