chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Empty
PostSubject: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Liverpool1-480x480

Liverpool have issued members of staff with a list of “unacceptable” words and phrases in their efforts to combat all forms of discrimination at Anfield. The guide, part of a wider education programme run by the club, details terms that employees should deem offensive under the headings of race/religion, sexual orientation, gender and disability. Most are self-explanatory and the guide advises that it is “important to understand the context of what’s being said”, as in the use, under gender for example, of “princess” or “don’t be a woman” on the Anfield terraces next season.

source

Lmao off at Poof, I'm using that always now. I didn't know Spaz offended anyone. Also how effective could this shit be? Like if someone is going around using the n-word, don't they already know they shouldn't be saying that?
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Ahahaha this is gold. I can understand eradicating more specific language inside football stadiums like racial slurs, as they aren't used by too many people. But gay/gender/disability related insults are used frequently by large sections of the crowd. They just need to get over it.

I don't enjoy some of the things said at football games but if you eradicate the humour of the crowd, no matter how tasteless it may be at times, you kill off an atmosphere that defines live football. I've been to Chelsea games and depending on where you sit, it can seem more like a tourist attraction. I don't want screaming babies and people constantly taking pictures on their phones.

Back to top Go down
Ruffles
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
Ruffles

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:54 pm

I can't believe they made this an official thing. It's a tad hard to make the merseyside men all clean and proper in my opinion. Their probably the most thug fans in the premier league, it was hilarious. Liverpudlians and the Evertonians will rip you apart, calling you everything from poof to spazz in a matter of seconds.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Ruffles wrote:
I can't believe they made this an official thing. It's a tad hard to make the merseyside men all clean and proper in my opinion. Their probably the most thug fans in the premier league, it was hilarious. Liverpudlians and the Evertonians will rip you apart, calling you everything from poof to spazz in a matter of seconds.

Some of the London firms are worse, as well as Birmingham, Leeds, Portsmouth.
Back to top Go down
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
Steven

Male Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Millwall and West Ham spring to mind immediately.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:37 pm

Steven wrote:
Millwall and West Ham spring to mind immediately.

Yeah, surely the most infamous firms. Chelsea back in the 80s/90s but not so much anymore. Roman seems to have cleaned things up. The old Headhunters reunited for a fight against Cardiff a few years ago and now most of them are banned. It will be interesting to see if anything kicks off when the two face off this season.
Back to top Go down
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
Steven

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Definitely, back in the day Chelsea were up there with the more fierce firms. Liverpool I don;t consider as being a ruthless set of fans, they mainly just complain about everything now.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Steven wrote:
Definitely, back in the day Chelsea were up there with the more fierce firms. Liverpool I don;t consider as being a ruthless set of fans, they mainly just complain about everything now.

Always the victims ha.
Back to top Go down
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
Steven

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Lol, exactly, they love playing the victim too much to allow themselves to be ranked highly as a fierce firm. This list just seems completely ridiculous and I am not sure what they hope to achieve from these apart from giving people enough words to space out their insults to prevent being bored by just one set of people to insult.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:04 pm

Ex-Mattitude Follower wrote:
Ruffles wrote:

Now 'ey! Whatever do you mean?

Up here it was a thing for a while for anyone named Gary to be called "Spacka/Spacker" and to this day I have no idea why since it is an offensive term.
At the end of the day though, some of these terms are used in jest or "banter" and it seems ridiculous to ban them.

Though the majority of Liverpool fans are Pikey-wannabes so I can see that being banned.

EDIT: Why the fuck is handicapped banned? It's a legit word with no offence I can think possibly deriving from it. Same with the term "Man up".
One of my favourite phrases is "Man up yer poof."
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:48 pm

Bastard wrote:
Ex-Mattitude Follower wrote:
Ruffles wrote:

Now 'ey! Whatever do you mean?

Up here it was a thing for a while for anyone named Gary to be called "Spacka/Spacker" and to this day I have no idea why since it is an offensive term.
At the end of the day though, some of these terms are used in jest or "banter" and it seems ridiculous to ban them.

Though the majority of Liverpool fans are Pikey-wannabes so I can see that being banned.

EDIT: Why the fuck is handicapped banned? It's a legit word with no offence I can think possibly deriving from it. Same with the term "Man up".
One of my favourite phrases is "Man up yer poof."

The Leeds Service Crew were/are pretty infamous and still have a decent-sized firm to this day. Not as bad as WHU, Millwall etc but they're up there!

But yeah. This list just confirms people are too sensitive these days.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:57 pm

I know it was a piss-taking remark as I'm a Leeds fan and know of our Service Crew.
To be fair the fans have a go at each other at games, I can only imagine what some do to the other team's supporters D: Firms should just take a page out of the Gremlin's book and organise the brawls beforehand. That way we know everyone involved is a bellend anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff   Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liverpool hands out list of bad words not to say to their staff
Page 1 of 1