chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Empty
PostSubject: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Hey guys, check this out:

He is one of the most recognized Pro Wrestlers in the UK, he is a former WCW Wrestler and currently a WWE Superstar.

He has been

Former 4x WCW World Television Champion
Former 4x WWE European Heavyweight Champion
Former 4x WWE World Tag Team Champion w/Lance Storm, Eugene and Tajiri
Former WWE Hardcore Champion
and a Former WWE I-C Heavyweight Champion def. Edge @ the 2002 Royal Rumble

and most recently, became the 2008 King of the Ring

William Regal went back to the UK to talk to The Sun about his next mission:

Becoming a World Champion

Here's the story:

King William Sounding Regal

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN

FOR years William Regal has been Britain’s best and most famous wrestler.

The Blackpool born bone bender has wowed crowds around the world, especially in the WWE.

But with his 40th birthday around the corner, and with a permanent role as Raw’s general manager, many believed Regal’s grappling days were behind him.

Then this week he won King Of The Ring – beating rising star CM Punk in the final – and suddenly everyone is talking about our man’s wrestling abilities again.

And that’s exactly what William desires most.

In a world exclusive interview, the WWE’s new king told The Sun: “Of course I want to be involved more in a wrestling capacity, that’s why I’m in the shape I’m in.

“Next I want to be world champion, I really do.

“Being general manager is a great spot – as it means I’m on the show – but I’m not ready to take a back seat.

“I wrestle on house shows all the time, and on TV I’ve had some decent outings, but now I’ve got the chance I’m going to be all over it.

“I’ve been told that since I’ve got away from the Carry On character that I used to be, and become a lot more serious, I’m going to start interjecting myself into top programmes.

“What they’ll be I don’t know, but I’ve been told I’m ready for it.”

With a smile, Regal adds: “I’m always jumping all over Vince McMahon to let me wrestle more. He can’t stand the sight of me!

“But you’ve got to. I’m 40 in a few weeks and I feel like I’m better in the ring, and more on my game, than I’ve ever been.

“I don’t want to be remembered for pulling funny faces, I want people to get a chance to see me wrestle the top fellas and have some big time matches.”

The one opponent who has defined William’s career more than anyone else is Chris Benoit – with most fans and experts ranking their matches as Regal’s best ever.

The two were also close outside the ring and William was left shocked and saddened when Chris murdered his wife and young child before committing suicide last June.

And now, looking back, the former intercontinental champion admits he also had fears for his own spot in the WWE.

He told us: “It was a really weird time for me, because the only time that I got to show off the kind of wrestling I was capable of was against him.

“And all of sudden it was like ‘that’s it’.

“It is selfish, after all the horrible stuff that happened, but that was a big part of my career gone. I couldn’t go out and do those matches anymore.

“Then again I put my name on YouTube the other day and there must be 10 of my matches against Benoit on there.

“So people are obviously watching them again. They’ve forgotten all about those horrific things and have gone back to watching the actual wrestling.”

And his wrestling is something Regal, despite being renowned as one of the best in the world, is still working on – taking tips from recently retired legend Ric Flair.

He revealed: “I was talking to Ric a while back and he said: ‘Do what you’re doing now as far as the brawling and the aggressive stuff, but still put in your bits of wrestling.’

“I know he’s always been a fan of mine and I was honoured that he picked me to have his last match in Japan with, at the Boudakon.

“I got really choked up before the bell went, when he said: ‘There’s nobody I’d rather be doing this with than you.’”

William is definitely looking better, and sounding more positive, than ever.

But even if he fulfils his goal of being world champion, he knows that like Flair he’ll have to hang up his trunks one day.

And when he does, the Brit has a plan.

He told us: “I would love the job going around and spotting new talent.

“I do have an eye for it and I’ve shown that over the years.

“The first time I met Triple H, Steve Austin and Cactus Jack I knew they had something – even though a lot of other people didn’t see it.”

And who does Regal rate right now?

“MVP is someone I spotted right away,” he proudly states. “He’s only going to get better and better.

“CM Punk has a character that people truly love, Fergal Devitt in New Japan will be something extra special and Bryan Danielson, as my little protégée, goes without saying.”

But the grappler William raves about most is fellow Brit, and current Ring Of Honor champion, Nigel McGuiness.

He said: “Nigel once asked me for my advice and I said: ‘Go back to England and learn that style.’

“He did and now he’s incredibly good.

“I’ve tried to get him into the WWE, I’ve given his stuff to everybody, and I can’t see why they wouldn’t take him.

“If I ever got the chance to do something with Nigel - that would be pretty impressive.”

Everyone in Britain would agree with that statement – especially if it was for the WWE Heavyweight Championship.

And preferably before Regal turns 41.

credit: The Sun

Last edited by tnalockdownfan on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:41 am

My god the spacing of that copy and pasting could not be any worse.

And isn't it obvious he would say he wants to be champion? You'd be a lousy competitor if you didn't want to win. The day someone goes out there and says they don't want to be a champ is the day they should retire.
Back to top Go down
Black Dagger
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Black Dagger

Male Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 10:29 am

Well i do want regal to win the wwe title or any world title id mark out as he would be the first british wrestler to win the title and what am i british.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

Male Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2007-10-26

PostSubject: Re: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:59 pm

Regal can put on an entertaining match - as his recent foray into the ring against Orton proved. However, his gimmick just doesn't carry him to the world title picture. IC champ perhaps, but it is not worth reinventing him now.
Back to top Go down
IAmRuffles[Original]
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
IAmRuffles[Original]

Male Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:34 am

Regal being champion would be a real laugh very entertaining. Might actually bring me abck to watching WWE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.WWE.com
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 8:29 am

I maintain - he'd need a different gimmick to be able to pull it off. He was made a fool of too often recently.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:51 am

I wouldn't say he needs a really different gimmick and need to reinvent himself, just a few minor changes. A lot of his more embaressing moments in the past was when he played that really uptight British gimmick. All he has to do is play a more aggressive British gimmick, and he should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:00 am

And drop that annoying accent - We don't really speak like that!
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:15 am

Sure you do Very Happy You just don't know it yet. All people with accents don't know they have it.
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

PostSubject: Re: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:17 am

Saying that - there is one kid I know that does. Charles, his name is. Right posh git!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion   William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

William Regal wants to be the WWE Heavyweight Champion
Page 1 of 1