chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TLC-themed PPV?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

TLC-themed PPV? Empty
PostSubject: TLC-themed PPV?   TLC-themed PPV? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:24 am

Quote :
WWE has changed the Armageddon pay-per-view on 12/13 in San Antonio, Texas to a TLC-themed event. Ticketmaster.com has the show listed as the following:

WWE World Wrestling Entertainment - TLC: Tables, Latter & Chairs

Presumably, they mean "Tables, Ladders & Chairs."

I know that they are doing whatever they can to boost PPV buys, but I am not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand, I love that match and I would like to see different guys in that match, but it kind of takes away from the concept and it makes things predictable. One of the things that made the build for Punk vs. Hardy, TLC, is that it was a suprise. One TLC main event, OK. Two TLC main events, maybe, but three or more?

I will reserve judgement until the PPV happens, but I have mixed feelings right now.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

TLC-themed PPV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLC-themed PPV?   TLC-themed PPV? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:32 am

I hate WWE right now. What happened to, "Anything can happen in the WWE"? All their doing is limiting a gimmick match to a PPV, making everything more predictable and forces me to not to care. What every happened to gimmick matches having meaning? This is doing them just for the sake of doing them. Like, Hell in a Cell, the one gimmick match that managed to not only keep it's value, meaning, and credibilty but, even got more credible throughout all the years because, it ended the biggest feud of the year and you didn't expect it coming. Now, they have a PPV called, "Hell In A Cell", no more shock or surpise. I hate this, plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

TLC-themed PPV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLC-themed PPV?   TLC-themed PPV? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:52 pm

Quote :
WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs PPV Confirmed
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

WWE has changed the December 13th Armageddon PPV to the rumored "Tables, Ladders and Chairs" PPV. The PPV will take place in San Antonio, TX.

It will sell more PPV's I think, but I dislke it for the same reasons you do Y2JX.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

TLC-themed PPV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLC-themed PPV?   TLC-themed PPV? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:33 am

What's Vince's sudden hard-on for gimmick PPVs? Honestly, what I'm seeing here is the work of a desperate man resorting to desperate measures to entice viewers to buy PPVs that usually draw crappy buyrates. Maybe if the main event scene would change once in a while and we weren't subjected to John Cena, Randy Orton and Triple H fighting for the WWE Championship every month, we would buy those PPVs.
Back to top Go down
minasauce
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
minasauce

Female Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-25

TLC-themed PPV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLC-themed PPV?   TLC-themed PPV? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:32 am

WWE has seen the numbers. Lockdown, TNA's all cage match Pay-Per-View is their highest rated one of the year. WWE wants to take advantage of the premise, and brand their own PPV's with tons of gimmick matches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TLC-themed PPV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TLC-themed PPV?   TLC-themed PPV? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TLC-themed PPV?
Page 1 of 1