chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Angelina Love news

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Quote :
Angelina Love Update: Visa Issues, WWE/TNA, & More
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The fallout from Angelina Love's release from TNA Wrestling late last week has continued with even more details coming out regarding her work visa issues. The side of the story from TNA was that her work visa expired, they gave her an opportunity to fix the issue and she didn't do it. Love's agent issued a press release on Monday confirming the work visa issues and that she "will be returning to the ring in no time at all" once the issues are cleared.

This is where things get interesting. Two separate sources who had prominent roles with WWE in the past said that if this whole situation was really over her visa expiring that it was ridiculous to put the blame on Love since TNA should have paid the money to expedite the legal process. One WWE source added, "The talent had their hand held by us and simply supplied their critical data for the paperwork. They handed that material off to Corporate and WWE Legal [ran] with it. That's the end of that matter of business for the performer. It's stress free. Obviously, that ain't happening with WWE. TNA is a big company and this comes off embarrassing to me. It looks unprofessional and bush league."

It is interested to note that Canadian work visas can be renewed for one to three years right now, but if you personally try to handle the process yourself without solid legal representation it can be a nightmare. We should stress that no concrete details have been released regarding Love's actual visa issues so anything that is being discussed in the wrestling media is purely speculation at this point. For what it is worth, GlobalVisas.com has an article looking at Love's visa status adding, "TNA president Dixie Carter was recently alerted to the problem and potential legal ramifications of employing illegal workers. Williams’ contract has been promptly terminated. If investigations ensue, she could be banned from entering the US for ten years and forced to pay back any salary she earned while working without a visa."
Quote :
Angelina Love Update: Backstage At RAW Next Week?

According to sources, WWE management believes that former TNA Knockout Angelina Love will be at the upcoming WWE Monday Night Raw taping in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on September 14. She resides in Toronto so her being there seems to make sense now that she is no longer affiliated with TNA and was under a WWE developmental deal from 2004 to 2007.

Love, who was just released by TNA over work visa issues last week, is only expected to attend the show and not actually wrestle at this point. It should be noted that Love's previous contract with TNA was about to expire and there was a fear internally that she would try and negotiate with WWE since she hadn't signed a new deal. WWE did get her a working visa when she was under a developmental deal working in the Deep South Wrestling and Ohio Valley Wrestling territories before her release in May 2007. This move was heavily questioned in WWE and later when The Beautiful People became one of the top acts in TNA and a huge ratings draw on iMPACT!.

The story from TNA is that when they realized just how much trouble they could be in for using her for the last two years without proper working papers, they made the quick decision to release her and made it seem as if they had just become aware of it. The reaction to this is that it would be surprising that TNA would just have been aware of this unless they thought her visa WWE got her would still be valid, although that generally never works out and the employer is expected to get taken care of. Based on what is known, TNA never applied for a visa for Love and when they found out they could be in trouble they cut her. It is always possible the government could try and make things hard for Love and that she could be banned from coming into the U.S. for two years and make her pay back any salaries for that period she obtained illegally. However, the belief is that is unlikely to happen.

Laughing They called TNa bush league and they are correct. I would love to see WWE signed her again and not because I think she is a great wrestlers. It would be hilarious for WWE to take advantage of TNA's lack of business knowledge.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:43 pm

Personally, I'm no expert in that matter but I feel TNA is at fault as much, if not more than Angelina Love here. Hiding their head into the sand and acting like they didn't know about the situation does make them look indeed like bush league and I hope that WWE will take advantage of it and sign her on the spot, providing her a working visa in the process. I know that they're busy raiding Ring of Honor right now but this is the first major Diva acquisition they can make since TNA's Knockout division really took off.

In my book, TNA comes out of this as the biggest loser in this situation.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:10 am

EdgeHead wrote:
Personally, I'm no expert in that matter but I feel TNA is at fault as much, if not more than Angelina Love here. Hiding their head into the sand and acting like they didn't know about the situation does make them look indeed like bush league and I hope that WWE will take advantage of it and sign her on the spot, providing her a working visa in the process. I know that they're busy raiding Ring of Honor right now but this is the first major Diva acquisition they can make since TNA's Knockout division really took off.

Gail Kim?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:18 am

WWE takes care of this for their talent because they don't want them to have to worry about that stuff. Just another reason that TNA is nowhere close to competing with the WWE. Why didn't TNA use some money to grease the wheels and get her visa fixed for her?
Back to top Go down
W-olf
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Makes ya think maybe more than just a visa but if it is it does look bad and unprofessional on Tna's part.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 pm

stl311 wrote:
EdgeHead wrote:

Gail Kim?

God, yeah, how could I forget? My bad.
Back to top Go down
Manu Soldier
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Manu Soldier

Male Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:34 am

angelina i think would make a good wrestler in WWE, for instence TNA have taken WWE's so called legends away like angle - who was just a wrestling cancer, booker t - who everyone had enough of, steiner - who everyone forgot, and the so called dudley boys - which everyone just hated. so i think wwe should return the favour to TNA.
Back to top Go down
http://combatartswrestling.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:32 pm

She was in the WWE, but was let go before she got to the main roster. WWE should take advantage of the work TNA did to build her and take advantage of TNA's mistake. I can see Love fitting in very well on SD. It has been said that she will be backstage at Raw this week, but she is just there to visit. Maybe she is there because the WWE is going to try and woo her into the WWE.

It would be big for the WWE to have the top to woman's wreslters, as rated by PWI.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:14 am

Not necessarily. I know I said that I'd like to see Angelina Love work with WWE but she was released in the first place because officials thought she didn't have "the right look".

Oh boy, were they wrong.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Quote :
Angelina Love Reportedly Spotted Meeting WWE Official In Toronto

There is a rumor going around saying two-time TNA Women's Knockout Champion Angelina Love was spotted in Toronto today with WWE talent executive John Laurinaitis. WWE is presently touring the country as they have shows taking place in "The True North" the next four days.

In light of her sudden release from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling last week, many within WWE expected Love to come by this Monday's Raw taping in Toronto, although only to visit friends.

Providing she can get her work visa issues in order, Love is presently free to join any wrestling company. TNA terminated her contract upon being informed of her visa situation last week. -PWPIX.NET

If this happens, this would give the WWE 2 of TNA's top Knockouts, Gail Kim is the other. I am sure that the WWE's pitch to her will be something like this, "We would never allow something like that to happen to one of ur top talents."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angelina Love news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelina Love news   Angelina Love news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angelina Love news
Page 1 of 1