chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Empty
PostSubject: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Quote :

Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

- Wrestling-Radio.com has learned that TNA have released BG James who was known as "Road Dogg" from DX in WWE. BG James had been working as an TNA agent.

He has not been relavent since DX and I am suprised that he was around as long as he was. And don't even start with the WWE will bring him back to DX stuff because it won't happen. If WWE wanted him, he would have been back by now.

Quote :
BREAKING NEWS: Another TNA Release

- Wrestling-Radio.com has learned that TNA have severed ties with former manager Jim Cornette.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Empty
PostSubject: Backstage Update: More On The Two Major TNA Firings   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:50 pm

As noted earlier, TNA released BG James today. James had been working as an agent and had been receiving good reports from the talent. James has been with the company for almost the entire existence of TNA.

According to sources, Jim Cornette and Vince Russo had butted heads in recent weeks and many people saw the situation as worsening. Cornette had been working in the production truck at the iMPACT! tapings lately as well as helping out the younger talent. Cornette has been with the company since 2006.

TNA has shown interest in bringing back agents Pat Kenney and D-Lo Brown in recent weeks. We'll see.

There's been no talk internally about Angelina Love returning since she was released. They have been trying to work things out behind the scenes though.

credit: wrestlingattitude.com
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm expecting at least one appearance in WWE for BG James as Road Dogg.

As for Jim Cornette, it really sucks. What sucks most is that Dixie Carter seems to have that blind faith in Vince Russo while we all know that without somebody competent enough to filter his creative ideas, he's killing the booking. I do respect that he's all for pushing young talents and I think that's probably why he's still employed by TNA.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:03 am

EdgeHead wrote:
I'm expecting at least one appearance in WWE for BG James as Road Dogg.

I don't see it happening. His exit from WWE was not on good terms and people complain about them not pushing you guys, he has not been relavent since DX split the second time, in 2000.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:14 am

I know that Billy Gunn left on bad terms but I thought Road Dogg did leave on good terms...
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:23 am

They both did some shoot interviews after they left and Road Dogg was let go because of a drug problem. At least that is the rumor anyway.

Lets say that they do bring him in for the new old DX. What happens when the DX run is over? They would have nothing for him and I really am not interest in seeing him wrestle anymore.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:39 am

They'll milk DX until both Shawn and Triple H retire or whomever will do first. So, they'll always be able to use Road Dogg in some capacity. And he can probably work as a road agent afterwards. Besides, his brother Scott is a referee there so he has the connection.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:41 am

DX will come and go, but I think that the current run will end with in a couple of months.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:43 am

Probably....but who knows...
Back to top Go down
minasauce
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
minasauce

Female Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:49 am

A real shame about Cornette. I freakin' loved him. One of the greatest talkers ever, and he is no longer employed by a major company.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Quote :
First Public Statement From Jim Cornette on TNA Departure

The following statement was posted this afternoon on the Facebook page for Cornette's Collectibles:

"Thanks everyone for your kind words but, we are REALLY OK about all of this. Gives us more time to make QUALITY products for Cornette's Collectibles and devote our time to wrestling we actually enjoy being apart of."
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:08 pm

I can see Road Dogg returning. WWE is obsessed with DX here and there, so a couple matches before they blow up DX again until the next run sounds about right to me.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 pm

I wonder if Cornette will return to Ring of Honor. I think this would make ROH a great deal of good to see a huge name coming back, even if it's only an authority figure role.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:20 pm

Well look on the bright side, as far as I'm concerned, @ least JC doesn't have a grudge against TNA as far as I'm concerned.

and also, I like the direction it's going so far and of course, I am a TNA Fanatic.

But don't hold that against me.

Last edited by tnalockdownfan on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:22 pm

According to sources, TNA's recent releases of Jim Cornette, Brian James, Savio Vega, and Dutch Mantel were all done as part of a larger plan to eliminate those in the company who were closest to Jeff Jarrett.

credit: wrestlingattitude.com
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:21 am

Here is another version of what happened and it is the same thing that got him canned from WWE.
Quote :
According to a report on The Sun website, Jim Cornette's contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling was terminated after throwing one temper tantrum too many. Reportedly, he caused a major scene at the most recent Impact television taping during an argument with head writer Vince Russo.

Cornette directed his anger toward the former WCW World Heavyweight Champion during a production meeting calling for more focus on Eric Young on television.

"Everyone was in a production meeting with Russo running down the show, but Cornette went nuts screaming 'why are we pushing Eric Young?'," according to The Sun's source. "Russo reacted calmly and said it wasn't a big deal, but Cornette wouldn't let it go and kept screaming about it, really causing a scene. He just wouldn't stop. Even after the meeting broke, Cornette was walking around complaining to everyone who would listen."

A few concerned co-workers went to management to voice their displeasure over their belief that Cornette had been acting unprofessionally. Apparently, this was "his latest refusal to be a pro," so the organization decided to release him from his contract.

Similarly, Cornette was released by World Wrestling Entertainment in July 2005 after slapping current WWE star Santino Marella for breaking character and laughing at The Boogeyman during a live Ohio Valley Wrestling show.

"This wasn't politics or anything to do with Jeff. It was purely a decision prompted by the same behaviour that got Jim fired in WWE," the source said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette   BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: TNA Releases Agent & Former WWE Tag Champion and Jim Cornette
Page 1 of 1