chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Empty
PostSubject: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:38 am

The Wrestling Observer is reporting what we initially heard, which is that former Ring of Honor stars Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness will be bypassing WWE developmental and will instead debut with WWE on the company's main roster. This of course can change, but as of now the current plan is to bring them directly to TV. No word yet on which brand the stars are headed to.

Source: Wrestlezone.com

In my opinion they need to go on separate shows. Maybe one on ECW and one on Smackdown. Then after a few months join them together and put on an epic contest between the two. Hell, With these two WWE could bring back the 60 Minute Iron Man Match.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 am

I don't think it would be fair for these guys to completely bi-pass ECW. CM Punk had great success in the Indies, but he still started on ECW. For that matter, he did sevral months in WWE development OVW.

I have not seen much of these guys, but I am sure they can live up to the hype. Hopefully they get a fair shot to really show what they can do and hopefully they will be on TV soon.

Last edited by Concrete Jesus on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:47 am

I don't think that Danielson needed to go through developmental since he went through it anyway when it was located in Memphis. And besides, when you traveled the world the way Danielson and Nigel McGuinness did, you pretty much can adapt to any style.

As for where they'll go, I don't have a preference, as long as it is the best choice to showcase their talent.
Back to top Go down
Savant
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Savant

Male Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Nigel/Regal tag team. I demand it.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 pm

I read a thing the other day that said they would not go to FCW, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't go to ECW first. They have had very good ROH career's, but they have to prove themselves all over agian, just like Punk did.
Back to top Go down
Savant
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Also, where does it say they're bypassing ECW? Just says they're bypassing FCW.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Some big time ROH mark might argue that they should go straight to the main roster. I am just saying I think that having them in ECW first is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Savant
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 pm

But...ECW is part of the main roster...
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Ummmm, not so much. It is sevral steps higher the FCW, but it really isn't the main roster. That would be Raw or SD.
Back to top Go down
Savant
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:51 pm

Eh, difference of opinion.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:54 pm

The main roster, ie Raw and SD, headline PPV's. How many PPV's has the WWECW title headlined? None. How many PPV's has the WHC headlined? 6 or 7 in a row.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:07 pm

^You don't need to headline PPVs to be part of the main roster. If you are able to wrestle at Wrestlemania, you're part of the main roster thus, WWECW is part of the main roster.
Back to top Go down
Savant
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Actually, one. Remember December to Dismember? (It's okay if the answer is no, because no one wants to remember it)

Besides, ECW is featured on the video games Razz That says Main Roster to me.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:26 pm

I remember Dec to Dismember, I own the DVD. Not because I really loved, I collect the PPV's on DVD. What I remember most is the whole night was very disapointing. The Hardy's vs. MNM was pretty good and I remember the Extreme Chamber match being a huge let down. It was going pretty well until everyone, excpet Lashley, was eliminated in about a minute. The next 4 minutes was Lashley waiting for Show's Chamber to open and that was good TV No

I think I have proven my point. Your Honor, the prosecution rests. Wink
Back to top Go down
Savant
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Savant

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:

I think I have proven my point. Your Honor, the prosecution rests. Wink

Hah, fair enough. That wasn't really a good point, in hindsight. Though my point stands, they're likely to go to ECW first, just like everyone else, just without the Florida stop before it.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:32 pm

Then, I wonder how Christian feels to be the champion for WWE's semi-developmental brand.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:54 pm

I think that he is happy to be back in the WWE and would rather be the C team champion, then be in TNA. He will get to Raw or SD very soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE   Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson in WWE
Page 1 of 1