chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan Empty
PostSubject: Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan   Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

Special Link: NEW Wrestling Podcast at WrestlingPodcast.com - Click Here

Source: PWTorch.com Newsletter

Regarding Vince Russo’s future in TNA, everyone close to the situation is saying that nothing has been decided yet by the company. Russo is under the impression that nothing has changed regarding his status since he feels he’s been doing his job, but there are a number of people who feel his position is in jeopardy. Those same people also feel the Hogan and Bischoff team will establish their own infrastructure and put their own creative people in place, and the duo will be in TNA for the long haul.

If Russo goes, the assumption is that Ed Ferarra will also be out of a job. The only remaining member of the current creative staff would be Matt Conway, who is the youngest member of the staff and is someone Dixie Carter sees as a bright young mind.

Kevin Sullivan has been mentioned as a potential replacement for Vince Russo, as well as Kevin Nash although Nash says he has no interest in the role. Nash is currently working to solidify his acting career for once he finishes wrestling.

Rumors that Hogan and Bischoff negotiated directly with Dixie’s father, Bob Carter, who owns TNA’s parent company Panda Energy, are false. Multiple sources closes to the situation say Dixie was in charge of negotiations, which lasted approximately five months.
Back to top Go down
minasauce
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
minasauce

Female Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan   Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:21 pm

Get Russo out! That guy is a disease. The only reason TNA kept him around is because he was the only one dumb enough to give Jeff Jarrett the belt in WCW.
Back to top Go down
WLW4Lyfe
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan   Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Why is Russo so controversial? Damnit something needs to be done/
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan   Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:35 pm

I'm actually surprised to hear that Dixie Carter handled the negotations with Hogan & Bixchoff. To me, this indicates that Hogan might not have that much overruling power over Dixie Carter than initially thought. It's almost like Hogan and Bischoff will be acting as special consultatns with TNA with Dixie still calling the shots. Honestly, I'm feeling a little safer about Hogan suddenly being in TNA because Dixie Carter will still have a lot of power in the promotion. TNA doesn't need any turmoil in the back since they're still an upstart promotion.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan   Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:42 pm

I think that TNA has started to turn the corner and Russo will find a way to fuck it up. The thing that he did with WCW will happen to TNA.

I am still not sure what Hogan's envolvement will be. The Hogan camp says that he will have complete control and then you see that Carter will have control.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan   Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:50 pm

For one, I would hardly take seriously anything Bubba the Love Sponge says since he's Hogan's biggest fanboy in history. I do believe that Hogan will have complete control over everything pertaining to him on-air and he will definitely have a major role in TNA's creative. However, I don't think that the Carters will let Hogan & Bischoff screw everything up, even if they're seen as the promotion's saviors.

Personally, I don't think that Russo has too long left in the promotion. I'm meh about Kevin Sullivan joining the creative staff; he did some good ssuff in WCW but eventually he was in charge of the booking when Benoit, Malenko, Saturn, Eddie and Shane Douglas left the company in 2000 so if the same pattern repeats itself, it will have disastrous consequences on TNA because young workers are the blood of the promotion. They can't afford to lose any of the top young workers to WWE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan   Vince Russo's TNA Future & Possible Replacement, Hogan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1