chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?

Go down 
+5
Y2J X
Master Of Destruction
Concrete Jesus
Ex-Mattitude Follower
tnalockdownfan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Empty
PostSubject: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey guys,

One critic sounds off on the shows this season that are worth tuning into...and skipping.

Here's the story:

Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Twopblog_bl9_cast_091222
"Biggest Loser" returns in January with the biggest contenders ever.
NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Winter TV Preview: The Most & Least Anticipated Returning Shows
By Mindy Monez, TWoP | Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 3:13 PM

Thanks to new series like "Glee," "Modern Family," "Community" and "The Good Wife," 2009's fall season was one of the best in years. But when it comes to the winter/spring 2010 season, it's the returning shows that have us the most excited about tuning in. Here's what we're looking forward to – or not.

"The Bachelor" (January 4, ABC)
Are We Looking Forward to It?
Yes. We're not ashamed.
Why? The fact that ABC is embracing cheesy Bachelor Jake Pavelka's pilot profession by adding a corny tagline to this season -- "On the Wings of Love" -- makes us laugh. A lot.

"The Biggest Loser" (January 5, NBC)
Yes, despite the fact that they should really change the name of these "Couples" seasons to "Pairs" or "Duos."
Why? In addition to a contestant who is even bigger than Shay was, at 526 pounds, we have a set of twins who are 500 pounds each.

"Chuck" (January 10, NBC)
Oh yes.
Why? Now that Chuck knows kung fu, we are brimming with excitement for a different kind of hero in another year of this awesome funny show.

"Big Love" (January 10, HBO)
Yes and no. Why? It's kind of fallen off our radar in recent years, but we keep hearing the show is better than ever.

Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Idol2-pd

"American Idol" (January 12, Fox)
Not particularly.
Why? Paula's gone; Ellen DeGeneres has been added as a judge, which will just waste time; and we still have to put up with the insufferable Kara.

"Project Runway" (January 14, Lifetime)
Surprisingly, we are!
Why? The new season will be set in New York (where it should be) and Nina Garcia and Michael Kors will actually be around to regularly judge this time

"24" (January 17, Fox)
Yes!
Why? Because last season was awesome, and they've packed up everything great about it (namely, Renee Walker) and moved the show to New York this year, with the casting additions of Katee Sackhoff and Freddie Prinze Jr.

"Burn Notice" (January 21, USA)
Yes.
Why? We love watching the Michael, Sam and Fi trio take down baddies together.

"Damages" (January 25, FX)
Yes, but with some reservations.
Why? The first season of this show was brilliantly thrilling, but the second one fell flat as a whole. However, the third season adds Martin Short as a cutthroat nemesis for Patty Hewes, which piques our interest.

"Psych" (January 27, USA)
Sure. Why? While we don't religiously watch the show, James Roday is one of the funniest guys on television.

"Lost" (February 2, ABC)
Yes. We're pretty much on 24-hour heart attack watch, the suspense is so great.
Why? Because it's the final season! And we have to know everything! It's going to be amazing!

"Celebrity Apprentice" (March 14, NBC)
More than ever.
Why? While casting hasn't been confirmed, the unofficial reports include a bevy of reality stalwarts, along with has-been musicians, actors and politicians that could make it the best season yet.

"Breaking Bad" (March, AMC)
Yes.
Why? Bryan Cranston is a revelation, and the rest of the show isn't bad either, to make the understatement of the century.

"Nurse Jackie" (March 22, Showtime)
Yes.
Why? This show isn't for everyone, but it's a very compelling and different drama with a fantastic actress in the lead. Plus, last season ended with a pretty great cliffhanger.

"United States of Tara" (March 22, Showtime)
Sorry, but no.
Why? Toni Collette is wonderful, and Diablo Cody's Twitter is hilarious, but we just can't stomach this annoying, over-the-top cartoon of a show.

"The Tudors" (April 11, Showtime)
No.
Why? Beautiful costumes, beautiful sets and beautiful actors, but somehow this show has always bored us to tears. Something about being able to look every plot twist up on Wikipedia really detracts from the drama.

Which winter/spring shows are you most anticipating?

That's the Question!

credit: tv.yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 pm

No - it never was. =D
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Every year, I say I am not going to watch that shit and I watch that shit. It depends on what else is on, but I will probably watch it. This Cowel's last season on Idol, so I don't think I will watch it without him.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:17 pm

I watch the tryouts and then the end but nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Depends on the singers. Ellen is a really horrible replacement, even though I didn't really enjoyed Paula. I also don't see the problem with Kara. Anyways, I'm definitely not going to stop watching it because one judge I didn't like got replaced with another judge who I don't like (for the show). I wasn't going to watch it last year but they had Adam Lambert, who has an incredible singing voice and just about always mixed up the song to make it his own. If there is someone like that, or like Daughtry, I might watch. I'm definitely watching when Neil Patrick Harris guest judges. Oh, but no way am I watching it without Simon.

Last edited by Y2J X on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:37 pm

Ellen is a stupid choice, who gives a fuck what she thinks? She has never sold an album, wrote a hit song, or signed a top talent.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:15 am

I've never been a fan of American Idol, but I LOVE Paula Abdul, but I'll say this:

She doesn't need AI and they don't need her, I would LOVE to see her get back in the spotlight of music and show these young stars today how it's done

and also, the only Idols I like are Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, I mean, they can sing and write their own songs unlike some of today's Pop Stars like Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, etc.

and also, as for Ellen, but I don't think that this going to help AI stay #1
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Ashley

Female Number of posts : 2536
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:53 am

I stopped watching around season 6 because to me, it sort of simply got boring. I watch the try-outs for the funny parts and then the ending and finals just to see.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:11 pm

I think Ellen gonna do fucking horrible as a judge. What's she got to do with music huh?
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:32 pm

ayatollahofrocknrolla wrote:
I think Ellen gonna do fucking horrible as a judge. What's she got to do with music huh?

Have you ever seen the show? She dances! Dancing is kind of stupid without music. Plus she had the commercial with the different songs.

Anyway I think she was only brought in for a comedic reasons. She's pretty funny, especially in her stand up. And I only watch the auditions to see the rejects and laugh at them. Hopefully Ellen dealing with them will bring in a new source of laughter for me. Very Happy

tnalockdownfan wrote:
She doesn't need AI and they don't need her, I would LOVE to see her get back in the spotlight of music and show these young stars today how it's done

I think these young stars today can figure out how to get into drugs without her.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm actually happy that Paula's gone because to be honest, she turned boring last season. I also don't see the problem with Kara; to me, it seemed like she actually knew what she was talking about. I think Ellen's addition just made American Idol more interesting though, so I'll be watching it. I hate the fact that American Idol replaced Glee though, even though first season is over. -_-
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:37 pm

tnalockdownfan wrote:
the only Idols I like are Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, I mean, they can sing and write their own songs unlike some of today's Pop Stars like Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, etc.

As much as I hate Miley Cyrus, She does write her own songs. She has ever since her start in 07 or whatever it was.

Kelly Clarkson on the other hand only wrote 4 songs of her 1st album and 6 of her 2nd. So yeah ... Start getting some facts before stating a point. It's really starting to get annoying.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Inah wrote:
I'm actually happy that Paula's gone because to be honest, she turned boring last season. I also don't see the problem with Kara; to me, it seemed like she actually knew what she was talking about. I think Ellen's addition just made American Idol more interesting though, so I'll be watching it. I hate the fact that American Idol replaced Glee though, even though first season is over. -_-

I am happy that Paula is gone, she was a blithering idiot and rarely said anything about music, but Ellen is not who should be judgind a singing competition. She dances on her show, so fuckin what. She doesn't have anything do to with the music industry whatsoever. She will replace Paula's retarded comments about how good they look or how they made it their own. Make it your own is not a musical term, it is nonsense. I am getting tired of the show and my favorite rarely wins the damn thing. I loved Daughtry, but he did not win. He has out sold the one that did win that year, so who wins now?
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Inah wrote:

I am happy that Paula is gone, she was a blithering idiot and rarely said anything about music, but Ellen is not who should be judgind a singing competition. She dances on her show, so fuckin what. She doesn't have anything do to with the music industry whatsoever. She will replace Paula's retarded comments about how good they look or how they made it their own. Make it your own is not a musical term, it is nonsense. I am getting tired of the show and my favorite rarely wins the damn thing. I loved Daughtry, but he did not win. He has out sold the one that did win that year, so who wins now?

But everyone is hating on Ellen already, when none of us know how she'll work. It's not as if she could get any worse than Paula. Yeah, Paula was a singer, but as you said, she only commented on how the contestants looked - she tried so hard to make herself look music smart, but unfortunately for her, the result was the complete opposite of smart. At least with Ellen, she's entertaining.

As for who's gonna win, I don't know. I mean, we don't even know who the contestants are yet. Razz
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:18 pm

^^ I mean Daughtry did not win the show, but he did win over Taylor Hicks because he out sold him by a zillion....OK, I made that number up, but it was a lot.

I wanted them to get someone that could really comment on the music. "It's pitchy dog" is not a musical term. I want someone to really tell them what they are doing wrong in a musical way. If they would say "you were flat on that part" or "you did not hit the center of the pitch", that would be musical. A real muscian would know what the hell they were talking about.

Another thing that pisses me off is all of the contastant think singing louder means screaming and I hate those shit scale runs they add to the song. Hardly any of them hit the pitches in their scale runs....and not every fuckin song needs a scale run in it. Stop trying to rip off Christian Agulara for christ sake. Sometimes I want to reach through the TV and punch them in the face.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:04 am

^ Reminds me of Danny Gokey last season, lmfao.

To be quite honest, I don't think American Idol is going to last long without Simon anyway(providing this is actually his last Idol season). In my opinion, no one, not even Pierce Morgan, or Diddy, can carry the show like Simon does.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:56 am

They said that they know that the ratings will take a hit, but it will have enough ratings to move on without him. 58% of people said they will not watch it when he leaves, I am one of them. I think they will get 1 or 2 more seasons without him, but the intrestes will steadily fall off and it will go away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is 'American Idol' still worth watching?   Is 'American Idol' still worth watching? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1