chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)

Go down 
+5
Y2J X
Mr. Tambourine Man
Sykesy
RKO93
Concrete Jesus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Empty
PostSubject: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:25 pm

All news on this Impact should go here.

Quote :
Posted by: Kenny Williams (Wrestling-Radio.com)
Source: Twitter.com

"Hell yeah Gonna roll with my boy @TheShannonBrand to FLA to put in a good word & check out tha show"

This was the message posted on the Twitter page of Jeff Hardy almost immediately after his close friend, former WWE superstar Shannon Moore, announced that he was heading to Orlando for some sort of meeting with Hulk Hogan. This could indicate that both Hardy and Moore will, in some form or another, be attending the live 3-hour "TNA iMPACT!" tomorrow night.
Quote :
sources: PWInsider.com, www.pwtorch.com

Multiple sources are reporting that Angelina Love is expected to be one of the new or returning stars on tomorrow night's three-hour iMPACT! broadcast opposite WWE's Monday Night Raw

The former Knockouts Champion hinted to fans at a recent wrestling convention that she would be returning to TNA on Jan. 4. At a convention two weeks ago in Florida, Angelina told fans, "watch on the 4th," when asked whether she was returning to TNA.

TNA parted ways with Love this past September due to issues with her working visa
Quote :
According to The Sports Courier, chances are high that former WWE performers Ken Anderson, Rob Van Dam and Paul Heyman will be debuting on tomorrow night's three-hour iMPACT broadcast.

In the case of Anderson, there is a 95% chance that the former "Mr. Kennedy" will make his TNA debut tomorrow night. However, in the event he does not appear, "he will in the very near future."

Regarding Heyman, they were told there is a 75% chance, if not better, that he will debut in TNA. Upon being informed of the report, Figure Four Weekly's Bryan Alvarez said Heyman has indeed had discussions with TNA officials in recent months — though he'd probably deny them.

As has been speculated by numerous websites, Rob Van Dam appears to be headed to TNA. The Sports Courier feels there is a 70% chance of RVD showing up tomorrow night.

It's also noted that Scott Hall is pretty much a lock to appear tomorrow night, as is Sean Waltman.

Heyman in TNA would get me to watch every Thursday, but no tomorrow. Nothing TNA can do will get me to turn away from Bret's return to the WWE.

Last edited by Concrete Jesus on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RKO93
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Male Number of posts : 1652
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:32 pm

I agree. But I have to say, I will probably be recording it for the first time in over a year. Kennedy, Van Dam, X-Pac, Heyman, Angelina Love, Shannon Moore....they have a very nice lineup of wrestlers/stars showing up for this event.

Notice that I excluded Hulk Hogan from that list ;p

But honestly, the worst possible buildup for this show was done, as TNA gave their ENTIRE prior episode to the Knockouts, correct? They should've hyped this show to no extent, but they didn't. Fuck you, Russo.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:20 pm

WWE will win the ratings, No doubt about it. But WWE have Hart till Backlash right?

TNA, If they are wise are going to sign all these guys for a long period. Slowly the ratings will drift into TNA's direction. As great as Hart will be, He will not be wrestling and Hart was known for his wrestling. I expect once Hart leaves ... TNA will be creeping up past ECW's ratings and heading to Smackdown's.

Heyman, Hogan, Bischoff and Foley on the same show. FAAAARCK.

As much as I dislike Foley, And I am not too fond of Hogan. This is solid.

If Heyman sign's, I expect to see some other faces showing up on TNA as well. Sandman, Sabu, Perry Saturn, Justin Credible etc.

Good luck WWE Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RKO93
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:22 pm

^

Have you seen pictures of Saturn lately? He won't be returning anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:23 pm

No, 06 I think was the latest pic. He was a bit overweight ...
Back to top Go down
RKO93
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:24 pm

I saw an '09 picture and he looked completely different. He was definitely in no shape to wrestle anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Shame ... I doubt Lance Storm would jump on the TNA bandwagon but with Heyman, You never know.
Back to top Go down
RKO93
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Lance Storm is a name I haven't heard in awhile. If he and Chris Kanyon jumped aboard, that'd be pretty sweet. Both are great wrestlers.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:33 pm

RKO93 wrote:
Chris Kanyon jumped aboard

Yeah, Possibility. He has been in TNA before (Turning Point 05 I think).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Male Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Lance Storm coming into TNA as the ultimate smark heel would be killer. All TNA would have to do is playback some of his commentary criticizing the company in the last couple years and the heat would be insane.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Sykesy wrote:
WWE will win the ratings, No doubt about it. But WWE have Hart till Backlash right?

TNA, If they are wise are going to sign all these guys for a long period. Slowly the ratings will drift into TNA's direction. As great as Hart will be, He will not be wrestling and Hart was known for his wrestling. I expect once Hart leaves ... TNA will be creeping up past ECW's ratings and heading to Smackdown's.

Heyman, Hogan, Bischoff and Foley on the same show. FAAAARCK.

As much as I dislike Foley, And I am not too fond of Hogan. This is solid.

If Heyman sign's, I expect to see some other faces showing up on TNA as well. Sandman, Sabu, Perry Saturn, Justin Credible etc.

Good luck WWE Very Happy

Remind me again what happened to the orginal ECW. Vince owns and killed it, thats what. Taking the ratings will not be that easy, but having Heyman in wrestling is far better then not. Hogan should fire Russo and give that job to Heyman.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:

Remind me again what happened to the orginal ECW. Vince owns and killed it, thats what. Taking the ratings will not be that easy

By May?

TNA are advertising during Raw, TNA are bringing in some major talent. Every wrestling fan pretty much knows TNA these days, Now its just time to persuade them to tune into TNA instead.

If TNA play their cards right it will be this easy.

Quote :
but having Heyman in wrestling is far better then not. Hogan should fire Russo and give that job to Heyman.

I would not be surprised if this is why Heyman may be coming to TNA
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Having a retread of ECW is not exactly new and inovative, but I think the competion will be good for the WWE and TNA. It will keep the WWE on their toes and keep them bring fresh/new ideas and good main events on Raw and SD. It TNA really wants challenge the WWE, they should try putting a PPV up against them. They would and will get run over in the ratings, but this will be fun to watch.

The first thing TNA has to do is draw enough against Raw for Spike to give them a place oppisite Raw. If Impact stays on Thursday, there is no "war."
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Rob Van Dam won't be at impact...

The wrestling business is exciting for the first time in quite awhile. This Monday kicks off the new ratings war between WWE and TNA-like I have to tell you! I admit, I am interested in the hype. In fact, I feel like I’m involved with this new era just because of the ginormous rumors involving me and a return. I’m going to say this-even though I know it won’t do much good-don’t be mad at me that you tuned in to see your favorite wrestler and I wasn’t there. I’m going to be watching with you.

Source: RVD's blog

Of course, he could just be trying to throw us off. Anyways, this gets rid of most of my interest in TNA tommorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Hey, Aren't they replaying TNA on Thursday?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:21 pm

ayatollahofrocknrolla wrote:
Hey, Aren't they replaying TNA on Thursday?

There is going to be another new Impact this week.
Back to top Go down
RKO93
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Smart move, don't show a replay of this. It won't be enough, but still a smart move.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:37 pm

I would watch a replay, but I will not be watching the live show.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Kenny Williams (Wrestling-Radio.com)
Source: PWPix.net

TNA has apparently said that six or seven names will be coming into the company "soon", either tonight or within the next few weeks.

*TNA has requested that the entire roster be at the Impact Zone tonight, but some rumored names, such as Rob Van Dam and Paul Heyman, will almost certainly not be there. With Van Dam's appearance on "iMPACT!" being denied, that's a certain sign that Heyman will not be there.

*Sid Vicious is expected to come to TNA soon, but his appearance will more than likely not happen tonight as he was recently injured overseas

*Angelina Love recently re-signed with TNA and is expected to appear tonight

*Scott Hall and Sean Waltman are also expected to appear on the show tonight. During the Hulk Hogan debut party, Hall stated that Waltman would be with him on "iMPACT!", and he was also overheard saying that they were trying to talk Kevin Nash into dyeing his hair dark again
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:29 pm

The TNA Site said they were replaying this iMPACT, which is a bad move.

I'm for sure watching TNA Live, but that's only because I want to see what Hogan does to TNA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:57 pm

stl311 wrote:
The TNA Site said they were replaying this iMPACT, which is a bad move.

I'm for sure watching TNA Live, but that's only because I want to see what Hogan does to TNA.

Oh, I thought I saw a thing that said they would still tape Impact this Tuesday. I guess that is for next week then?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Quote :
Bubba the Love Sponge posted a picture of Hulk Hogan working out yesterday. His beard is in the style of his "Hollywood Hogan" persona during his WCW days. Let the speculation commence. http://www.wrestling-radio.com/feed_news-14224-Is_%26quot%3BHollywood_Hogan%26quot%3B_Returning_Tonight_o.php
Quote :
Jeremy Borash Teases Major Name at iMPACT!

Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com
- Jeremy Borash: - Tweet:
"Have to bite my tweet lip. Can't believe who just walked into the hotel lobby. Guessing he isn't in Orlando to visit Epcot."
Quote :
Who is Backstage at iMPACT Tonight - Find out Inside
- Hulk Hogan's kids Brooke and Nick
-Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, Orlando Jordan, Val Venis andThe Nasty Boys
- Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey who will be in control of the production of tonight's iMPACT!
Quote :
Ric Flair Sighted Heading to Orlando, FL for iMPACT Tonight?

- Fans in Charlotte have been saying they saw Ric Flair at the airport and when asked where he was heading he told them Orlando, FL! Could Ric Flair be on his way to iMPACT? we will keep you updated.

I will watch the replay on Thursday. I don't hate TNA, I watch it most every week. I will not chose TNA over the WWE though and that is why I like the replay concept.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:01 pm

They also want RVD and Paul Heyman to come in, as well as Brian Kendrick and Paul London.

That could be huge for them.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:45 pm

I know double post, but I'm important so I'm allowed...huge news for TNA.

Quote :
Source: ProWrestling.net

According to a source, the word backstage is that Jeff Hardy is now backstage at the TNA Impact Zone in Orlando, Fla.

According to one source, Hardy will be wrestling in the Steel Asylum match tonight.

Not a big Hardy fan, but taking one of the WWE's top guys for a bit is a huge move for TNA.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 pm

From what I understand, Hardy will be backstage, but he is not coming to wrestle. He is there because he is friends with those guys.
*edit* I could be wrong.
Quote :
Jeff Hardy to Appear on iMPACT Tonight!?

- Word is Jeff Hardy has arrived in Orlando, FL at the iMPACT Zone and will appear live of tonight's show after the Steel Asylum match. More Soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)   Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Jan 4 Impact thread(updated)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next