chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cujo retires from NHL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Cujo retires from NHL Empty
PostSubject: Cujo retires from NHL   Cujo retires from NHL Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Quote :
TORONTO -- Curtis Joseph, the winningest goaltender in National Hockey League history to have never won the Stanley Cup, announced his retirement Tuesday.

The 42-year-old ended his 19-year career with 454 wins, trailing only Martin Brodeur (585), Patrick Roy (551) and Ed Belfour (484) for the most in NHL history.

"It's a good day and been a great career," an upbeat Joseph said. "I'm extremely happy and certainly felt like I didn't leave anything on the table.

"I had a great run and a great career."

Joseph, who entered the league as an undrafted free agent, played for six teams, including St. Louis, Edmonton, Toronto, Detroit, Phoenix and Calgary.

The native of Keswick, Ont., made the announcement at a news conference in Toronto, where he ended his career with the Maple Leafs.
It's a shame he never got to win a cup. He was a very exciting goalie to watch in his prime in Toronto. Definitely HOF worthy when the time comes around.
Back to top Go down

Cujo retires from NHL
Page 1 of 1