chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing Empty
PostSubject: Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing   Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Quote :
No pairing of WWE NXT Pros and Rookies has garnered more scrutiny than Daniel Bryan and his allocated mentor, The Miz. In a blog post on the WWE Universe website, the United States Champion responds to those online saying he's not fit to teach a wrestler of Bryan's caliber.

In its entirety, here is what The Miz wrote:

Mentoring Daniel Bryan on WWE NXT

There has been a lot of controversy this week about me mentoring Daniel Bryan on WWE's new show, WWE NXT.

I've read a lot of interviews, blogs, ect. about the matter and they all seem to be asking the same thing. "Why is The Miz mentoring Daniel Bryan when Daniel Bryan has wrestled all over the world for 10 years plus?"

It's come to my knowledge that some members of the WWE Universe think they know everything about WWE and what it takes to be a WWE Superstar. They think that if a guy does well in the independent minor leagues, then all of a sudden he should be in the WWE.

They think that if a guy can main event in front of a hundred people at a bingo hall, then he's ready to main event at WrestleMania. Just because fans on the Internet say you’re ready doesn't mean you really are.

Just because a fat guy with no teeth who sits in the front row, buys your T-shirt and says you're the king of wrestling, doesn't mean you really are.

What the WWE Universe doesn't understand is there is so much more then I can describe in a single blog involved in being successful in the WWE.

My job is to make Daniel Bryan a star in the WWE, because let's face it, if you look at a picture of him right now, do you think STAR?

No, Daniel Bryan looks like my accountant ... ordinary and bland.

Maybe if he had The Miz's charisma and look, he would have been in the WWE by now. Don't hate on me because it didn't take me a decade to get a WWE contract and go down in WWE history to be the first Superstar to win the United States Title and Unified Tag Team Titles.

Don't get me wrong, Daniel Bryan has all the talent in the world, but every wrestler has weaknesses. And that's what my job is, to find his weakness and make him the biggest star possible.

I just hope Daniel Bryan doesn't believe himself what these ignorant members of the WWE Universe believe about him, or WWE NXT is going to be a nightmare for him.

MIZ
Quote :
They think that if a guy can main event in front of a hundred people at a bingo hall, then he's ready to main event at WrestleMania. Just because fans on the Internet say you’re ready doesn't mean you really are.

Just because a fat guy with no teeth who sits in the front row, buys your T-shirt and says you're the king of wrestling, doesn't mean you really are.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing   Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Quote :
My job is to make Daniel Bryan a star in the WWE, because let's face it, if you look at a picture of him right now, do you think STAR?

I laughed at that part personally. Cause it's true. Just find it funny how many people have been complaining about the pairing, even though it'll only help Danielson get better. I'm sure he is grateful for the opportunity, so don't get why people complain. Daniel or whatever you want to call him really doesn't have much of a look going for him. He needs to find his "niche" if he wants to be successful in WWE. And I think Miz will help him find it. Right now though, he really does look bland, regardless of how much indy marks love him, I wouldn't exactly be putting his face on a T-Shirt at this point.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing   Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Gotta Love the Miz
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing   Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 pm

That-Damn-Good wrote:
Quote :

I laughed at that part personally. Cause it's true. Just find it funny how many people have been complaining about the pairing, even though it'll only help Danielson get better. I'm sure he is grateful for the opportunity, so don't get why people complain. Daniel or whatever you want to call him really doesn't have much of a look going for him. He needs to find his "niche" if he wants to be successful in WWE. And I think Miz will help him find it. Right now though, he really does look bland, regardless of how much indy marks love him, I wouldn't exactly be putting his face on a T-Shirt at this point.

There is far more to wrestling then just being able to wrestle. Guys that are just good wrestlers do not last long because they are boring as fuck to watch. There has to be a combination of wrestling ability and charisma. Bryan has the wrestling part, but he needs the charisma part. I don't see any thing wrong with Miz being his mentor and I would be Danielson does not have a problem with it either. Only some Indy smarks in their parents basement, like that Deathlocke guy that is around here sometimes.
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

PostSubject: Re: Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing   Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 pm

Yeah, exactly. I mean, Danielson can be as good in the ring as he wants. Doesn't mean people will pay to see him. Do need a certain degree of marketability to succeed in wrestling as well. Miz can only help that because Miz has that "it" factor that Danielson needs to find. Don't think it can hurt Bryan at all, just like you said, indy marks think they know what's best. And apparently helping Danielson get a personality isn't what's best, ha. Idiots.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing   Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:19 am

Right cause the gimmick of being the "best wrestler in the world" isn't going to get any fans on Danielson's side. This is pretty pathetic. I mean I get pairing him with the Miz to learn the WWE style, but Danielson is almost a solid 10 on everything else. The guy can talk, he's charismatic (whoever says he isn't should watch some PWG matches). He wrestles in crowds bigger than just a couple of hundred. The only reason he wasn't in WWE 10 years ago was because WWE already had 10 upcoming stars in mind. Also Danielson has personality, the guys hilarious. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

PostSubject: Re: Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing   Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:11 am

Oh god. Just throwing this out there, I'm not saying that Danielson is bad at all, just saying that it won't hurt him to get a bit of personality flowing to help fans actually care. He might have a personality already but being mentored by one of the most charismatic guys on the roster can only be a plus. Takes more than your in-ring work sometimes to make 15, 000 people care on a weekly basis. I'm sure Bryan will do well, don't get me wrong. He just has to find his niche to work in the big time. Might take time, does for everyone. Peronsally, I wasn't taking any shots at the guy. Don't think Miz was either, just like he said, everyone has their weaknesses. Miz is just there to help up his game that little bit more, will work out well for both of them I think.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing   Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:05 am

They're obviously planting seeds for a future confrontation between Miz and Bryan down the road. Gives away that it's a work but still, it's gonna make things interesting as now, people will wanna watch the premiere on Tuesday.

As for the pairing, they definitely paired two extremes on this one: Bryan's the quiet silent assassin while Miz is more flamboyant and a trash talker. I'm curious to see how well Bryan will make the transition on a more flashy character down the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing   Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miz responds to scrutiny over his NXT pairing
Page 1 of 1