chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Empty
PostSubject: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Quote :
In an online article from the Riverfront Times, TNA star Hulk Hogan spoke about returning to the ring again next Monday during another live edition of TNA iMPACT! Here is a quote from the article:

"I really didn't want to wrestle, but I got into a situation with TNA when the fans are chanting 'Hogan! Hogan!', it's hard to say no. I painted myself into a corner. Now I'm fighting a tag-team match March 8 with Abyss against Rick Flair and AJ Styles. I did that to myself, but I really shouldn't be wrestling anymore."

He did not have to do this but his giant ego will not allow him to stay out of the ring. Even if he can't perform anymore and the match will be terrible, he has to do it, but not for the fans, for his ego. I have been a Hogan fan all of my life and I don't want to see him wrestle again. I want to remember Hogan as he was 10-15 years ago, and not the broken down, former athlete he is today. I will not be watching his return match because the whole angle with Abyss is just fuckin stupid.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:12 pm

I don't know, seems to me like Hogan realizes he isn't near the wrestler he once was and I'm sure the fans though, most non-internet ones, really do want to see him compete. If his ego was why, I don't think he'd be wrestling in a tag match. I'm really pissed to see Flair wrestling again but I don't have to elaborate on that.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:19 pm

As soon as they annouced Hogan signing with TNA, I knew he would wrestle and it was only a matter of time and it is silly to think Hogan did not know that too. I don't think this tag team match will be the end of it either. I think that Hogan will wrestle at least one one on one match within the next 6-8 months and it will be against Flair. I think this will happen at BFG, if not before.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Who the fuck wanted Hogan to compete ... Nobody. He is gone crazy. I think Linda Hogan is right, Hogan is a cocaine head.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Quote :
St. Louis' RiverfrontTimes.com has an interview with Hulk Hogan, who talks about wrestling against Ric Flair
in a tag match on March 8th and his financial motivation for getting back in the ring. He also takes a shot at The Rock's movie career. Hogan admits that his body is broken down, but he's getting back in the ring because the fans demanded it, brother! Here's what Hogan said about:

Is He Able To Still Wrestle? "Oh, I can't, brother. I was in Australia recently and did four dates wrestling Ric Flair. The first day I ran into Ric with a shoulder tackle and knocked him down. He popped up and came right back at me. I didn't have my footing right. I was turned in when he hit me and my right hip popped out of its socket. The pain shot like a piece of electricity to my head and right behind my ear. I felt like my head exploded. I fell and dumbed it up against the rope until I could pop my hip back in. That was my first day back. I really didn't want to wrestle, but I got into a situation with TNA when the fans are chanting 'Hogan! Hogan!' It's hard to say no. I painted myself in a corner. Now I'm fighting a tag-team match March 8 with Abyss against Ric Flair and A.J. Styles. I did that to myself, but I really shouldn't be wrestling anymore."

His Financial Situation Pushing Him To Wrestle Again: "I was in a situation where I was kind of lost and I happened to walk by a ring in a gym. I reached out and touched it, and I got goosebumps. I knew I had a problem, kind of like being an addict. I said, 'Oh boy.' It's like driving a fast car or being on a date with a beautiful woman. So, that was part of it. The other was necessity. After the last couple years, financially, I needed to do something. I was devastated financially."

Hogan Takes a Shot at The Rock: "I thought about moving out
to L.A. and doing the movie thing cause I have seventeen movies under my belt -- mostly low-budget kid movies, kind of like what The Rock is doing now. My agent said they could put me in supporting roles. I'd never be a Gene Hackman or anything, but there is work for me. But I just wasn't into it. I needed to to work and thought why not get back to what I love, wrestling?"

Please. The Rock has done kids movies, but they are hardly "low budget." Rock has done movies for one of the most successful companies in the world
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:40 am

Apparently people fail to realize that 10 minutes of Hogan putting his hand to his hear still gets more of a reaction than basically anything in TNA would. Of course he isn't the Hogan he was in his prime, not going to be able to put on the same kind of matches but it will get a reaction. The Abyss involvement is kind of the only thing that has me thinking it's dumb.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:17 am

That-Damn-Good wrote:
Apparently people fail to realize that 10 minutes of Hogan putting his hand to his hear still gets more of a reaction than basically anything in TNA would. Of course he isn't the Hogan he was in his prime, not going to be able to put on the same kind of matches but it will get a reaction. The Abyss involvement is kind of the only thing that has me thinking it's dumb.

Actually no it wont. TNA fans are different from WWE fans.

For example, The Orlando Screwjob a month or so back. Angle/AJ/Hebner/ Hogan sold it perfectly but the fans chanted "Bullshit" for 10 minutes. When punk did it to Taker it was a complete different reaction. I am not going to say TNA fans are more educated then WWE fans but TNA is more of an adult demographic.

TNA fans will not be pleased with Hogan in the ring. Flair can still put on a decent match so that will be good but they will boo Hogan to the backstage area. You watch.
Back to top Go down
That-Damn-Good
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
That-Damn-Good

Male Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:43 am

There are also more WWE fans than there are TNA fans. Which is why they obviously need to change what they are doing if they want to compete. This is why they need to travel more, as I've said in the past. You wrestle in front of the same fans all the time, things are going to be too obvious. One fan was whistling a guys theme, a few seconds later, the guys music hits. That's just funny. Either way though, Hogan toured here and drew a good 10, 000 people. In all due respect to a guy like Desmond Wolfe, he couldn't do that at this point obviously. Hogan has name recognition going for him and that can be used to draw people to watch him. Regardless of how people react in the building, I'm sure at least a few people will tune in to see Hogan wrestle.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:31 am

Sykesy wrote:
That-Damn-Good wrote:

Actually no it wont. TNA fans are different from WWE fans.

For example, The Orlando Screwjob a month or so back. Angle/AJ/Hebner/ Hogan sold it perfectly but the fans chanted "Bullshit" for 10 minutes. When punk did it to Taker it was a complete different reaction. I am not going to say TNA fans are more educated then WWE fans but TNA is more of an adult demographic.

TNA fans will not be pleased with Hogan in the ring. Flair can still put on a decent match so that will be good but they will boo Hogan to the backstage area. You watch.

They chanted bullshit because Bret Hart was just on Raw that week and they knew that the storyline was a complete rip off of WWE. It was a carbon copy of what went down with Bret and TNA fans know that. That is why they were pissed off at the angle, not because the are more adult wrestling fans or some shit. When the Punk/Taker angle went down, the circumstances were totally different. Taker had never tapped out in his career. TNA wrestling fans are not more adult then WWE fans. I think that TNA fans are far more aware of what is going in the WWE, then WWE fans are of TNA. You know that everyone in that building watched Bret Hart's return to Raw and all of the TNA Smarks who think they are better then WWE fans are full of shit. TNA fans are lapping up the bullshit storyline with Hogan, Abyss, and Hogan's HOF ring. You want to chant bullshit, that was the time.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:

They chanted bullshit because Bret Hart was just on Raw that week and they knew that the storyline was a complete rip off of WWE. It was a carbon copy of what went down with Bret and TNA fans know that. That is why they were pissed off at the angle, not because the are more adult wrestling fans or some shit.

Well obviously that is why they were pissed. What other reason would they be pissed off about it?

Also, You expect 10 year old kids to know why everyone is against it ... No. You see a shitload more 10 year olds then lets say 35 year olds at WWE shows. Hence why TNA had alot more Adult fans then children fans.

Concrete Jesus wrote:
When the Punk/Taker angle went down, the circumstances were totally different. Taker had never tapped out in his career..

I do not see how this is different? Yeah he never tapped. Wouldnt this lead towards more pissed off fans?

Concrete Jesus wrote:
TNA wrestling fans are not more adult then WWE fans. I think that TNA fans are far more aware of what is going in the WWE, then WWE fans are of TNA.

TNA fans are more adult. There is no arguing that. It does not mean the show is better so you should have no problem realizing this. Also, Yes TNA fans are more of what is going on. Raw is drawing a 2.3 on an average basis at the moment. TNA is drawing a 1.4 at the moment. Therefore that would make sense wouldn't it?

Concrete Jesus wrote:
You know that everyone in that building watched Bret Hart's return to Raw and all of the TNA Smarks who think they are better then WWE fans are full of shit.

Uhh, Most probably didn't actually. That Impact Taping and the next weeks one were actually recorded on the same night as Bret showing up on Raw ...
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:12 pm

How many WWE live shows have you been to? I have been to at least 15 live event/TV tappings and there are people of all ages. If fans in the Impact Zone are "older" it is only because TNA fills a tiny ass arena for their TV and PPV's. If WWE Raw draws 20,000 people to a Raw tapping, of course some of the crowd will be younger. TNA has just as many, if no more childish angles/wrestlers. Remember Super Eric? It doesn't get more childish then that bullshit. Raw has more live fans then 10 Impact tappings because they are in MSG or the Stapples Center and not some tiny ass place inside of Univeral Studios.

WWE can do what they want with the screw job angle because it orginally happened in the WWE and the Punk/Taker thing was not a carbon copy of the Montreal Screwjob. Mr. McMahon did not come to the ring and screw Taker that night. WWE played the angle a little differently whereas TNA did exactly what happened in Montreal. All the way down to Angle destroying the annoucers table. TNA blantly ripped off the WWE, end of story. You want to watch TNA play around in the Impact Zone, ripping off the WWE, good for you, but at least know that TNA is RIPPING OFF the WWE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."   Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore." Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hogan says "he should not be wrestling anymore."
Page 1 of 1