chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Micheals retirement confirmed

Go down 
+7
JohnCena's#1fan
EdgeHead
babaganoosh
Sykesy
Master Of Destruction
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Concrete Jesus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Micheals retirement confirmed Empty
PostSubject: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:28 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Shawn Michaels came up short against the Undertaker last night at WrestleMania XXVI and as a result, has been forced into retirement.

For those wondering, the angle is legitimate and Michaels days as an active performer are likely over. The word backstage at WrestleMania is that Michaels is leaving the company and everybody was congratulating him on a great career and saying their goodbyes to him.

There was a celebration held for Shawn Michaels when he arrived backstage after his match last night. Michaels was greeted by WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Steamboat and the two legends hugged as soon as Michaels walked through the curtain. Michaels also embraced his wife and the two had an emotional moment together.

Michaels was telling people that it's time to be a full-time husband and a father, but he'll always be a part of WWE. He also had some words with Bret Hart and the two looked to be very friendly backstage.
Quote :
Source: Prowrestling.Net

Following Wrestlemania 26 last night, the buzz within WWE right now is that Shawn Michaels will more than likely retire from the company. While Michaels will more than likely make special appearances, there hasn't been any discussion of him returning to the ring for a match anytime soon.

Although not confirmed, the belief is that some kind of a retirement ceremony could be taking place on RAW tonight.

As noted earlier, WWE.com has put up a short video of Shawn Michaels backstage after WrestleMania. Michaels gets a round of applause, he's seen with his wife and even has a brief conversation with Bret Hart.

So ends the greatest WWE career of all-time.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:55 pm

The greatest all-round performer in wrestling history? I think so. A true legend of the game and one of the best wrestlers around today despite his advancing years. I'm sure we'll see him back for matches in the future - which is great because he always rises to the occasion. I hope he gets the awesome send-off he deserves on Raw tonight.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm crying. I'll cry know and I'll cry when I watch RAW.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:51 pm

If it is anything like Flair's send off, I will cry my eyes out.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:53 pm

There is no way I'm missing Raw tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 pm

I never liked him as most would know. I hate how he would sell an irish whip into the corner and Sexy Boy aggrovated me but the guy is a legend and he will be missed. So many people's careers have been made by this man and he could be the greatest wrestler of all time.

Hogan
Flair
Funk
Austin
Angle
HBK
The Undertaker
Sting

... Take your pick, Not much argument really. Farewell H-B-K
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:00 pm

^^You've got this one wrong dude. The names you mentioned are great, but HBK is the measuring stick in the WWE.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Oh, I said Greatest wrestler of All-Time, Not just WWE.

HBK and Taker are the greatest in WWE of all time. I would take HBK over Taker though.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:06 pm

I have a hard to chosing between Taker and HBK, but, right now, I chose HBK. Maybe after the emotion wears off, I will change my mind, but tonight it will be HBK.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:58 pm

I think he'll be wrestling at some point in the future in some capacity. Nobody ever stays away Razz
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm

It's not entirely true. Ted Dibiase stayed retired, so did Stone Cold Steve Austin.

As for the moment itself, it was hard not to get choked up, especially when HBK seemed to be himself. But he looked so relieved when it was all said and done that you can't be at peace with the booking of this match because that's probably the way he wanted to go. How many wrestlers can say that they wrestled a Match of the Year candidate in their last match? That's a testament to Shawn Michaels' ability.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm in tears.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:52 pm

He said he is done and he wants to honor the career ending match. I, for one, believe Shawn when he said he is done.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:53 pm

He is, and he said to his kids, daddy's coming home.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:56 pm

I chuckled a little bit last night when he said while leaving the staduim "I'm gonna drive my kids nuts for the next 3 weeks".
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:57 pm

When he said "daddy is comin home" I sorta lost it.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:58 pm

me too. So you cried CJ?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 pm

On and off the whole damn time. That was not the first time I have cried watching wrestling and it probably won't be the last.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 pm

Same.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:09 pm

I am not ashamed to admit it either. I have a very deep emotional connection to wrestling.
Back to top Go down
JohnCena's#1fan
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
JohnCena's#1fan

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Hey yu guys are forgettinq mee... i criend the whole time and yhuu heard me ayatollahofrocknrolla
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:19 pm

It's sad cause it's like a soap opera, and most men hate soap opera's.
Back to top Go down
JohnCena's#1fan
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
JohnCena's#1fan

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Yeah, cause ther'e for WOMEN. DUMMASS
Back to top Go down
JohnCena's#1fan
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
JohnCena's#1fan

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:22 pm

uɐɟ1#s,ɐuǝɔuɥoɾ
Back to top Go down
JohnCena's#1fan
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
JohnCena's#1fan

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:23 pm

TO TYPE UPSIDEDOWN GO TO TYPEUPSIDEDOWN.COM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Micheals retirement confirmed   Micheals retirement confirmed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Micheals retirement confirmed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next