chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship Empty
PostSubject: Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship   Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

World Wrestling Entertainment has retired the WWE Women's Championship, which lineage dates back to 1956. It was the oldest active professional wrestling championship in company history. WWE is continuing the title lineage of the Divas Championship with the Unified belt. Layla is the last recognized Women's Champion.

Beth Phoenix, a three-time Women's Champion, expressed her disappointment in WWE's decision to put the title to pasture.

"It saddens me to see the historic Women's Title moved into retirement, but I am so grateful to have had the honor of holding it," she wrote on Twitter. "My sights remain on the Unified Diva's Championship."

Meanwhile, former WWE star Mickie James, a five-time holder of the belt, released an emotional statement on Twitter concerning its retirement.

"The retirement of the Women's Championship breaks my heart," she wrote. "The nostalgia and the legacy built off the backs of every woman who paved the way for women like me... Who gave it credibility... Honor... Prestige... & Truth! For every woman who's carried the championship through the generations... Who know the power & history you feel in holding it high above your head.. That can never be replaced by anything in my mind... In my heart... I am truly honored and forever grateful to be among the women who have graced its presence... Thank you..."

Ex-WWE star Carlito wrote in response to James, "Dont worry, there's now 2 butterfly belts!"
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship   Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:48 pm

Not only does it suck that LayCool won, it sucks that they are going with that dumbass Butterfly belt. DAMN!
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship   Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:36 pm

Fuck WWE. It's decision like this that makes me hate WWE, I don't see any logical reasoning to having the Diva's Championship being kept over the Women's Championship.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship   Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:45 pm

No kidding, the Woman's Championship only has 50 years of history behind it.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship   Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:57 pm

That's their way of salvaging the fact that no one actually cared about the Divas Championship because there was already a Women's Championship. Instead of keeping the Women's Championship, they're shoving down our throats the Divas Championship just like they shoved down to us the idea that John Cena was invincible and could beat anybody in the promotion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship   Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Divas Comments On Retirement of Women's Championship
Page 1 of 1