chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Royal Rumble Curse?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2007-10-06

The Royal Rumble Curse? Empty
PostSubject: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:54 am

It appears that the Royal Rumble is on precipice of history in the WWE, where no bodies have the shot to become a household name by winning the Rumble and moving on to WrestleMania and winning the title of their choice or big time stars could get another shot to win the title at the big one. However this has just accorded to me from an article on Lords of Pain that the Royal Rumble has a curse. Similar to the Madden curse for football.

I never realized that the man that enter last year's Royal Rumble, Jeff Hardy, at number 14 is now in the main event this year and has a shot at winning the WWE championship. Does anyone think that Jeff Hardy maybe the first person ever to break this number 14 curse or will he fail sometime in the future thanks to this unlucky number 14? I wonder who is going to draw number 14 this year. What would you think if number 14 was The Boogieman or someone on the ECW roster?

Last edited by on Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:05 am

Pretty nice article. There were a couple that really did get screwed over, but yay for Shamrock!
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:53 am

That is odd they list a multiple WCW Champion and US Champion named DDP, and a multiple IC, European, Hardcore, and Tag Champ named Jeff Hardy. Goldust and Shamrock were pretty successful, and well Eddie was a number 14 and he won a WHC. Then again the Madden Curse is bogus as well. Ask Vince Young who led the Titans who led the Titans (the youngest team in the NFL 3 years in a row) and the Titans beat the Colts one of three teams to do so, and the only one in there division the same one that included Jacksonville.

Fuck You Madden. Fuck You
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 3:24 am

I guess in most of all the results is the post-success and the fact that they are no longer in the wrestling business or the WWE. I remember when DDP was with the company. I am pretty sure that was when DDP was on a down slide with his career in the WWE. I remember when he wasn't receiving any kind of pushes whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:50 pm

All of DDP's time in the WWE was pretty bad anyways, so it's not like it was that Rumble spot that killed him.
Back to top Go down
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:46 pm

I thought DDP did well in WWE, wasn't this during the time of the Invasion storyline? I still liked the storyline even though there was so much more they could have done with it.
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Bumi wrote:
I thought DDP did well in WWE, wasn't this during the time of the Invasion storyline? I still liked the storyline even though there was so much more they could have done with it.
Yup you're right. That was when he feuded with Undertaker and had that creepy stalker gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:51 pm

And then it seemed like WWE stopped using him and he wrestled more on HeAT then any other brands. Didn't he have to retire due to an injury. That is what the article said, he was already injured upon entering the Rumble and then had to retire because of it.

Did anyone see the comic on the page too. The one of the lamb pulling a number out and it's number 14. Then it shows two years later, he is asking Khali if he should supersize his meal.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:18 pm

He came in with a bang, then died off pretty fast. He went from one of the top superstars in WCW, to a awkward stalker, then to "Positively Page". I personally thought his career in WWE was bad compared to his time in WCW, maybe some other people enjoyed his gimmick and work more than I did though.
Back to top Go down
Kritter
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:03 pm

I liked the stalker thing, but after it ended, he just became irreverent.
Back to top Go down
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 3:17 am

Well I realized that he was probably going to get released ever since he began to wrestle more on Sunday Night HeAT. I thought perhaps HeAT was going strong, they had some okay announcers and HeAT was possibly my favorite show. Then came WWE's move to USA and how they didn't (couldn't) bring the show over. Now I hardly remember that it's still on WWE.com and it seems rather pointless now. I say replace ECW as a brand and get HeAT back on instead.

I think I may have predict who might get number fourteen this year. Does anyone think that The Boogeyman or John Morrison might get this "unlucky" number. I guess we all could predict Boogeyman being released or having a bad career so far. John Morrison doesn't seem to be on the high list anymore since the drug test. Perhaps if he gets this number, we could expect him and Miz to lose the title and him getting released.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Rumble Curse?   The Royal Rumble Curse? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Royal Rumble Curse?
Page 1 of 1