chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If King Booker was still around...

Go down 
+5
TheWittyTwit
TheWalkingDead
babaganoosh
ladymahogany
Yoda
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2007-10-06

If King Booker was still around... Empty
PostSubject: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:14 am

Does anyone feel that when he was having a minor rivalry with Jerry Lawyer, he should have challenged him to a "For the Name" match? When I heard that Booker was beginning to have a rivalry with Lawyer, I was thinking this might be it and Lawyer may finally be beaten for his name and a new King was upon us for sure. Didn't King beat Harley Race for the title as well, so it would have made sense for Booker to beat Lawyer for the name.

I am still waiting for the day that someone beats Ric Flair for the "Nature Boy" title. Hopefully the person who is going to lose his career is going to carry out the name "Nature Boy." Perhaps someone should also beat Ric Flair for the "To be the man, you have to beat the man" title. I am thinking Triple H might be good for this title, since he basically is the man now. What do you think? Should Booker have beaten Lawyer for the "King" title?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 am

No, I think King Booker sucked. I didn't like his gimmick as King and I'm glad that he's back to just being Booker T now.
Back to top Go down
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:48 am

Well why does it seem like he needed to be crowned King before he became a World Heavyweight champion? WWE probably wanted and "felt" like he needed to have a gimmick in order to be champion. Rolling Eyes Anyways does anyone think that Lawyer's crown will someday be defeated and a new true King shall be crowned by him?
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:43 pm

Bumi wrote:
Well why does it seem like he needed to be crowned King before he became a World Heavyweight champion? WWE probably wanted and "felt" like he needed to have a gimmick in order to be champion. Rolling Eyes

"Booker T" is a gimmick. He changed to "King Booker" after he won King of the Ring, not because of the WHC. Sorry, I like the Booker T persona a lot but I didn't like the King Booker gimmick at all.

Bumi wrote:
Anyways does anyone think that Lawyer's crown will someday be defeated and a new true King shall be crowned by him?
It's possible. It might be something like the ceremony when JBL presented MVP with that ring. It might be a good way to help push some younger superstar.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:01 pm

The King has been the King for so long. I don't see any reason why they would strip the name from a Hall of Famer to give to Booker as just another gimmick.

If anything, I see Orton's legend killer being taken because when Orton becomes a legend...ish...then a new guy can take that. Not like Orton is really running with the legend killer gimmick now anyways.
Back to top Go down
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

Male Number of posts : 3268
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:15 pm

I wish he was still "The Legend Killer" cuz he was a super heel and really was good at it.
Back to top Go down
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:45 pm

Well remember Harley Race, I believe Lawyer defeated him for the right to use the name. Both of them are in the Hall of Fame I believe. A shame they do not do matches like that anymore where one wrestler defeats another to carry out the name. Lawyer did it when he beat Race and Flair did it when he defeated Rodgers. I guess wrestling just isn't what it is anymore.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Admin wrote:
I wish he was still "The Legend Killer" cuz he was a super heel and really was good at it.

Agreed, except once all legends have been killed, you're not left with much of a gimmick...
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:48 pm

ladymahogany wrote:
Bumi wrote:
Well why does it seem like he needed to be crowned King before he became a World Heavyweight champion? WWE probably wanted and "felt" like he needed to have a gimmick in order to be champion. Rolling Eyes

"Booker T" is a gimmick. He changed to "King Booker" after he won King of the Ring, not because of the WHC. Sorry, I like the Booker T persona a lot but I didn't like the King Booker gimmick at all.

Bumi wrote:
Anyways does anyone think that Lawyer's crown will someday be defeated and a new true King shall be crowned by him?
It's possible. It might be something like the ceremony when JBL presented MVP with that ring. It might be a good way to help push some younger superstar.

Ladymahogany's right, Booker T was very solid, and I'm also glad he's back to his old gimmick. If anything, King would have defeated Booker to retain his title of "The King," and Booker could have gone back to his old spin-a-roonie-ing self. I miss the spin-a-roonie.
Back to top Go down
PhoebeCatesfan
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
PhoebeCatesfan

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 7:38 pm

I personally think The King Booker gimmick was a joke, although I have to admit that Booker was funny as hell in his role. But I think the Booker T gimmick is better. My personal opinion Booker T was in his prime in the years of 1997,1998,2002 and 2003. Even though he didn't carry the WCW Heavyweight or WWE World Heavyweight Title during those times.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com, TNAWrestling.Com, ROHWrestling.com, and any othe
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Booker T was only good in the WWF/E when he was :

1.) Feuding with Stone Cold Steve Austin

2.) A Tag Team Partner With Goldust

As for that he really didnt do anything else. he was drafted to Smackdown and just moaned all the time. He was put in the NWO then kicked out of it....had a random match with Triple H at WM .... he wasnt that good of a talent to loose in my eyes.

And the King Booker gimmick was kinda annoying. And when he got caught for doing drugs , he said he had not done them....then why would the friggin tests prove you have. Idiot.

Guess now they can call him Booker TNGAY.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 11:09 pm

Callumomac wrote:
Booker T was only good in the WWF/E when he was :

1.) Feuding with Stone Cold Steve Austin

2.) A Tag Team Partner With Goldust

As for that he really didnt do anything else. he was drafted to Smackdown and just moaned all the time. He was put in the NWO then kicked out of it....had a random match with Triple H at WM .... he wasnt that good of a talent to loose in my eyes.

And the King Booker gimmick was kinda annoying. And when he got caught for doing drugs , he said he had not done them....then why would the friggin tests prove you have. Idiot.

Guess now they can call him Booker TNGAY.

No he never did anything he was just a WHC, King of the Ring Winner, multiple IC and US Champion, multiple tag champion, the guy was a great wrestler and if he was still in the WWE he would be outshadowed on Raw like every other superstar worth a damn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 9:22 am

If King Booker was still around then I'd like to see a "Winner takes name" match between Jerry Lawler and King Booker. But I'd want Jerry Lawler which means King Booker returns back to his old Booker T persona. I think that would cool. Then I'd want him to return to Smackdown, on Raw he was just buried by Triple H and his buddies. On Smackdown he could go back to being a big player and challenge for the WHC title.

I know a lot of people disliked the King Booker gimmick but it was what made him WHC. The Booker T persona was associated with the mid card, he could neevr break through that glass ceiling. He was in desperate need of a gimmick change to keep his character fresh. The King Booker act may of been annoying but that was his job as a heel. He drew heat. I prefer the Booker T gimmick but I acknowledge the King Booker act as the one that made him a main event guy in WWE. Without it he'd of never won the WHC.

Callumonac, Booker T has won loads of titles as stl311 said and was one of most consistant performers in WWE. He's a good wrestler with star power too. He could of been a massive star, he was red hot after WCW shut down but he was buried by Triple H and forced back down to the mid card. That comment about TNA being gay was incredibly markish. And marks don't know what they're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If King Booker was still around...   If King Booker was still around... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If King Booker was still around...
Page 1 of 1