chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

King Booker Quits WWE

Go down 
+4
2g_
StuffOfLegends
babaganoosh
TheWalkingDead
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

Male Number of posts : 3268
Registration date : 2007-06-18

King Booker Quits WWE Empty
PostSubject: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:12 am

In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reports that Robert Huffman (King Booker) quit WWE when he was told that he was to be suspended for 60 days, as a punishment to the Signature Pharmacy bust. He was believed to have failed a Wellness Program test before, hence the 60 days suspension instead of 30.

While WWE is still trying to negotiate Huffman's staying with them, they're going on under the impression he's done. The two sides had been having troubles recently, with a major setback being John Laurinaitis' call to go with Florida for a developmental territory - where WWE would start from scratch - instead of going with Booker's already established PWA, which WWE had been loaning wrestlers to. After they made the call to stop that, Booker went to his friends at TNA and booked them for his shows instead, which didn't sit so well with anyone backstage, but they couldn't say much having pulled WWE talent from PWA.

Booker is pretty much set financially and has wanted out of wrestling for a while. At age 42, he's accomplished a lot, and thanks to his hip hop store doing well in Houston, and his two wrestling schools up and running, there's really no need for him to stick around.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 12:15 pm

He has a hip-hop store?

And good to see him leave semi on top. He's had a great and colourful career already.
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:18 pm

To bad he did not leave as Booker T instead of King Booker maybe he will make guest appearance at TNA.
Back to top Go down
2g_
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
2g_

Male Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-09-03

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 5:30 pm

This kinda sucks i was hoping they would bring him out of the whole "King" thing and back to Booker T.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Jordie-H
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
Jordie-H

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 5:32 pm

he took the king thing like whoooh
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com/
cenaluva
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
cenaluva

Female Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:30 pm

i don't really care if booker t leaves.i didn't like him anyway.that means no more sharmalle.
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:21 pm

cenaluva wrote:
i don't really care if booker t leaves.i didn't like him anyway.that means no more sharmalle.

Booker T was a great talent you feed into storylines to much.
Back to top Go down
cenaluva
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
cenaluva

Female Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:44 pm

no im not.i just didn't like him.
Back to top Go down
joelider
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
joelider

Male Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:47 pm

well he's a great wrestler, is good that he doesn't depend on the WWE and can quit without having any financial risk. It sucks that he doesn't want to wrestler no more though, it would have been cool to see him appear on TNA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmll.com
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

Male Number of posts : 3268
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Booker has to much star power to appear on TNA.
Back to top Go down
2g_
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
2g_

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 3:37 pm

I myself think booker is done with wrestling, he's accomplished a lot in his career. He stated he wouldnt wrestle past 40 and now hes what 43 ? plus he's loaded with money from his wrestling schools and his Hip hop store.. lol.
Back to top Go down
joelider
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
joelider

Male Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 5:34 pm

well i gues since he is quitting this way he won't have any farewell matches or anything like that, is he?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmll.com
RKOFAN
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
RKOFAN

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:08 pm

I dont really care much for him.... he kinda got on my nerves... with his entrance taking 2 hours... my god... ;)lol and that sharmelle screaming during his matches all of the time...
Back to top Go down
2g_
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
2g_

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:23 pm

RKOFAN wrote:
I dont really care much for him.... he kinda got on my nerves... with his entrance taking 2 hours... my god... ;)lol and that sharmelle screaming during his matches all of the time...

Yeah that got VERY annoying, i liked him a lot better when he was just "Booker T"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Booker Quits WWE   King Booker Quits WWE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King Booker Quits WWE
Page 1 of 1