chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News

Go down 
+9
Mr. Tambourine Man
The Wicked One
Steven
TheWittyTwit
Axl
StuffOfLegends
Joshua.2009
C-Makaveli
TheWalkingDead
13 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

Male Number of posts : 3268
Registration date : 2007-06-18

WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Empty
PostSubject: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:20 pm

In an interesting turn of events, WWE.com's website has added a section called "Industry News" which is collecting reprints of not just WWE articles, but newspaper stories about WWE talent, and even news from independent wrestling websites, including Rajah.com.

As if WWE.com crediting independent news sites isn't strange enough, they even have an article about upcoming dates for TNA live events, including April's TNA Lockdown PPV - complete with the PPV's pre-sale password. What is going on here?
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:22 pm

Mind Games
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Joshua.2009
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Joshua.2009

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:17 pm

WOW I dont know, Did WWE Buy TNA behind our backs.... I wish!!!
Back to top Go down
Http://WWW.WWE.COM
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Here is the link to something I never thought I would see.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/industrynews/6544892
WWE a while back deleted a comment SCSA made about TNA. Leading me to believe that they were going to completely ignore them. But that is on WWE.com and they are clearly advertsing for TNA.
Back to top Go down
Axl
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Axl

Male Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:49 pm

What's going on?

McMahon might be bracing for a potential company feud with TNA. They could always post news with their own spin on it.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:43 pm

I think somebody within WWE *wants* people to see the shots TNA has been taking at them. In addition, if they plan on taking any shots back at TNA, they'll want people to know what they're mocking.

Honestly, I think this is good for both companies, and WWE knows it. It certainly isn't going to hurt them.
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:28 pm

What I do not get is how can they even be considered competition if their shows do not appear at the same time. WWE recognizing TNA will only get both more viewers. It is not like WWE can directly steal viewers on the night Impact is on.
Back to top Go down
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
Steven

Male Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:54 pm

lol how awesome would it be if McMahon was in control of TNA this whole time that would rule. I doubt that is the reality of it doesnt stop it from being awesome though. But I think this is good because I hear ROH results are being featured I don't care much for TNA so I dont know why McMahon is doing that maybe the prove he isnt afraid of competition or something like that. Anyway good news for ROH more exposure, but I really wouldnt have expected this from WWE.
Back to top Go down
The Wicked One
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
The Wicked One

Male Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2007-11-26

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:36 am

You know I've thought that Vince was helping TNA out for a some time now. I mean he could crush them anytime he wants so why hasn't he.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Male Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:53 am

The Wicked One wrote:
You know I've thought that Vince was helping TNA out for a some time now. I mean he could crush them anytime he wants so why hasn't he.

Because when he fires somebody he knows they'll have another place to work.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 3:12 am

I know this sounds weird but i actually wouldnt be suprised if WWE does own TNA.Think about it like this when wwe was going down in late 2005 that is the exact time TNA was hiring all these WWE guys and all so its quite a conspiracy
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:17 am

I dont think that Vince is trying to start a war with TNA , why would he when if he wanted to he could crush them.

At the end of the day i think he has put that on WWE.com so more people visit the website. Maybe not alot have been going on it of late.
Back to top Go down
Deadman
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
Deadman

Male Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:32 pm

I believe that Vince already owned TNA and now, he wants to make a rivalry..why advertise the enemy? Then again, it could just be something else.
Back to top Go down
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:10 am

Im telling you the only reason the WWE is doing this is to get more people to visit their website.

Vince wont own TNA , Jeff Jerret and Dixie Carter own the rights if i am correct and i doubt that they would sell up.

At the end of the day , its just a stunt to get more people visiting their website.
Back to top Go down
Axl
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Axl

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 1:31 pm

If Vince has been helping TNA, that would be a shock, because TNA usually is better than both SD each week, and is always better than ECW.
Back to top Go down
DXANDHARDY
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
DXANDHARDY

Male Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:15 pm

I think maby he is getting ready to try to start a war think about it SD might be going back to thursday nights so maby he is starting to get ready to finally bring down TNA.
Back to top Go down
Axl
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Axl

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:02 pm

Why? TNA is not even competition.

All they are going to do is bring publicity to them.
Back to top Go down
Tory88
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Tory88

Male Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2007-10-26

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:50 am

Vince probably wants to build TNA up in order to have a war with them, after all the attitude era was the best time for WWE.

As to the people who say they cannot steal viewers, I watch both and can only just find enough time to fit it in, so although they are not on at the same time people who are busy will only watch one or the other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News   WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE.com Launches "Industry News" Covering TNA News
Page 1 of 1