chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Main Event Mafia

Go down 
+7
Ex-Mattitude Follower
DJ Hipp
xDesireAngelx
JT Cash
stl311
Steven
Black Dagger
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Dagger
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Black Dagger

Male Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:09 am

Your thoughts on them?

I think they will be quite interesting for tna and it will make a great angle with legends vs the up comers/mick Foley.And it will prove that sting will be actually a heel.As well as this it will be also interesting where they will go with it i hope it does not end up with them all turning on each other just because of the world title i hope there the nwo of tna. I hope they turn sting officially heel or at least a tweener. They demand respect and want respect which will lead to attacks if they dont get it that seems a bit heelish. Kurt is the main leader of the group. And at turning point i hope the main event is MEM vs team Joe but i see more of hoping this leads to lockdown and it ends their.
Back to top Go down
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
Steven

Male Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:55 pm

I like the concept of the Main eventers against the young guys. If that is booked well, then a lot of the young wrestlers could get over pretty well. But if it doesn't then it just means more burying for TNA's top talents. The name "The Main Event Mafia" really doesn't sound that great of a name. From experience watching wrestling, the name of a stable has replicate the stable itself in some way.

For example Evolution, it had Flair as the older member, and it had Randy Orton as the young member it was like evolution. nWo, was like as they say it was a New World Order on the wrestling world. DX, Triple H and HBK were acting like Degenrates. But Main Event Mafia, what are they going to do take out Mob hits or something. I like the idea of it, just the name to me seems unsuitable.

And seriously, Nash? He is useless in the ring. Everytime he takes a move I am thinking his knee has gone out again. And Sting going heel, is a very brave move WCW tried it and it failed. If you want to turn someone like that heel after having years of support you need a creative genius booking it. And TNA haven't got that.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:21 pm

Kelevra wrote:
I like the concept of the Main eventers against the young guys. If that is booked well, then a lot of the young wrestlers could get over pretty well. But if it doesn't then it just means more burying for TNA's top talents. The name "The Main Event Mafia" really doesn't sound that great of a name. From experience watching wrestling, the name of a stable has replicate the stable itself in some way.

For example Evolution, it had Flair as the older member, and it had Randy Orton as the young member it was like evolution. nWo, was like as they say it was a New World Order on the wrestling world. DX, Triple H and HBK were acting like Degenrates. But Main Event Mafia, what are they going to do take out Mob hits or something. I like the idea of it, just the name to me seems unsuitable.

And seriously, Nash? He is useless in the ring. Everytime he takes a move I am thinking his knee has gone out again. And Sting going heel, is a very brave move WCW tried it and it failed. If you want to turn someone like that heel after having years of support you need a creative genius booking it. And TNA haven't got that.

Not all the time...Hulk Hogan had the biggest fan base ever during his heel turn...and well lets be honest WCW didn't have a top notch writing team.

As for this move, well let's be honest...it sucks. Christian Cage is the only vet that is a babyface anymore...and even he is a tweener...Nash is in bad health, Angle is going over to MMA soon...and well Sting is never really been a heel...

Fire Russo.

Period.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
Steven

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:35 pm

When Hulk Hogan was in WCW, Eric Bischoff was the creative. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
JT Cash
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
JT Cash

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:12 pm

Very good stable. Good to see Nash back (don't care what many say about him), hopefully his last run will be injury free. Had to laugh when Joe drop kicked Nash, biggest hit Big Sexy would've taken in quite some time. On ya Big man!

Defiantly excited to see where this goes!
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:43 pm

Eric Bischoff...a D-Bag but a smart D-Bag...

bastard killed ECW though.

anyways, I guess it could work but if you really think about the feds that had all Main Event Vets in one stable...well there is only one that comes to mind.

WCW with the nWo and I don't see this growing that big.

I could be wrong, not likely but possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
xDesireAngelx
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
xDesireAngelx

Female Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:51 am

Main event mafia lmao at them all they are is a NWO remake just look half the members all were in NWO but kurt angle
Back to top Go down
DJ Hipp
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
DJ Hipp

Male Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:17 pm

XxHomicideAngelxX wrote:
Main event mafia lmao at them all they are is a NWO remake just look half the members all were in NWO but kurt angle
But they have a way better name, and a somewhat better gimmick which makes them, better, in a way, than NWO.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:32 pm

The Bandit wrote:
XxHomicideAngelxX wrote:
But they have a way better name, and a somewhat better gimmick which makes them, better, in a way, than NWO.

What? The nWo is a great name and they changed wrestling. They were influential in the Monday Night Wars and the forming of the Attitude Era. The nWo were doing crotch chops and spray painting stuff years before DX. The nWo had the cool rebellious heel role first, I can't think of anybody before Hall and Nash in 95 who played that gimmick. And it was a really good one as it's used to this day. The Main Event Mafia reminds me more of The Millionaire's Club from WCW, the nWo was all about rebellion.
Back to top Go down
DJ Hipp
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
DJ Hipp

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
The Bandit wrote:
XxHomicideAngelxX wrote:

What? The nWo is a great name and they changed wrestling. They were influential in the Monday Night Wars and the forming of the Attitude Era. The nWo were doing crotch chops and spray painting stuff years before DX. The nWo had the cool rebellious heel role first, I can't think of anybody before Hall and Nash in 95 who played that gimmick. And it was a really good one as it's used to this day. The Main Event Mafia reminds me more of The Millionaire's Club from WCW, the nWo was all about rebellion.

MEM has a better name and gimmick in my opinion, they are better in THOSE aspects in my opinion. I didnt say they are better.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:50 pm

^ Fair enough. Main Event Mafia just seems a stupid name when they aren't acting like a crime syndicate. What is it with TNA and mafia's? First Voodoo Kin and now Main Event.
Back to top Go down
DJ Hipp
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
DJ Hipp

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:55 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
^ Fair enough. Main Event Mafia just seems a stupid name when they aren't acting like a crime syndicate. What is it with TNA and mafia's? First Voodoo Kin and now Main Event.

TNA likes the sound of it, I would guess.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 5:44 pm

In my opinion the main event Mafia has potential. But if there in the main event every week then i think it will be a major bore. Its got a great line up and can get some guys liek Robert Roode, James Storm, Eric Young and Rhyno over to the main event.

But IMO i think the MEM should be a faction of heels so they should all turn heel. Then change there name and become a rebellious faction. it would do the company so much good.
Back to top Go down
DJ Hipp
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
DJ Hipp

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:53 pm

Sykesy wrote:

But IMO i think the MEM should be a faction of heels so they should all turn heel. Then change there name and become a rebellious faction. it would do the company so much good.

They all are heels im pretty sure...
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:06 pm

Yeah your right sorry. i get TNA tonight so im behind prepared to you guys. Anyway MEM on TNA looks great especially with
Spoiler:
Joining the faction
Back to top Go down
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
Steven

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:46 pm

They should change there name to Team WCW + Angle
Back to top Go down
DJ Hipp
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
DJ Hipp

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:28 pm

Kelevra wrote:
They should change there name to Team WCW + Angle

Angle would rather something like Kurt Angle's WCW, you have to assume.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 2:41 am

NWO was better gimmick. They left the door open for more members. MEM is limited to who they can accept as a member because of their qualifications. But MEM is better suited for TNA because it doesn't have a large roster so it can afford for MEM not to become oversized. The WWE had great stables in the past but theirs was always run by managers. They were never successful at pure wrestler stables, like the 4 horseman in NWA/WCW and now in TNA. Even ECW with their New Breed and ECW Original fued was better than Nation of Domination. I will admit that DX was great but then it became a 2 man show. also, the clique was alright. But none of these stables posed a threat to the brand like NWO and MEM. So I have to say that MEM is 1 of the top pure wrestler stabes of all time. Its top 5 for sure possibly number 2 and can make a strong case for number 1.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:39 am

Steiner? Sorry but he's been stale for so long.
Back to top Go down
K.Smoke
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
K.Smoke

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:49 am

Yeah but its not about Scott Steiner. Hogan was over the hill when he was with NWO but his name rung bells and like wise with Steiner. He's not suppose to be wrestling. He was signed on as an enforcer and then said he will do some matches and I guess he just got fully involved. Nash is washed up also but its about Angle and Booker T. Its not about Sting or anyone else. Its about Angle and Booker T. They're the only ones that can still go on the squad.
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Male Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:23 am

This fails on so many levels. The Main Event Mafia are booked to be so cool and successful compared to the Front Line. The MEM guys wear suits, while the Front Line guys look like they're dressed to eat at Burger King. They verbally humiliate the Front Line, then they BEAT them in the ring. .
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:13 pm

I couldnt agree more MTM. Especially for the fact that everyone single one of the Main event mafia members are poor dated wrestlers, Yet you have talent like Joe and AJ who are losing to these guys repeatively. It actually makes me pretty sick.

This is defiantely where TNA fail. the victories should be shared out frequently cause eventually people are just going to tune of TNA completely. Especially due to this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Main Event Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Event Mafia   Main Event Mafia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Event Mafia
Page 1 of 1