chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?

Go down 
+4
TheRealFan
babaganoosh
stl311
StuffOfLegends
8 posters

Who will win a World Title in the next five years
Matt Hardy
Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_lcap18%Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
John Morrison
Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_lcap14%Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
R-Truth
Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_lcap0%Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Miz
Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_lcap5%Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Shelton Benjamin
Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_lcap5%Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Cody Rhodes
Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_lcap9%Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Vladimir Kozlov
 5% [ 1 ]
Ted DiBiase
Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_lcap18%Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
Evan Bourne
Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_lcap0%Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Jack Swagger
Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_lcap26%Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Empty
PostSubject: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Which of these people will win either the WWE Championship or the WHC in the next five years. I'll post my thoughts later. Pick as many people as you think will.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:07 pm

I voted Swagger, DiBiase, and Benjamin.

Swagger is been billed as the next Kurt Angle, his ring ability is impressive, and he could develop good mic skills in the near future.

DiBiase, I think he will do something his dad never did. Win a World Title, and I like the kid a lot better then anyone else in Legacy.

And Benjamin just because he's been getting better on the mic and well his in ring ability is amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:23 pm

I voted for Matt, Cody, Ted, and Jack Swagger.

Matt Hardy's heel turn just is going to help him a lot I think. He might have a shot at the title now.

I think the legacy storyline is going to end sort of like Evolution did where Batista and Orton both became World Champs after it so I think that'll happen with Cody and Ted.

And I've become the biggest Swagger mark lately. I think they want to give him an ultra push and make him a believable heel champion. One like Edge where he does cheap stuff to win.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:55 pm

I only went with Swag, don't see the build for any of the others quite yet. And some just seem doomed to fail and toil around the mid-card range unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:26 pm

I ddin't know you could vote for more than one person at the time so I voted for the Miz but I'll add Cody and Evan Bourne just because all three are very talented in-ring performers and could be very easily built into stars.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:02 pm

I voted Matt Hardy, John Morrison, Ted Dibiase, and Jack Swagger. Now, I'm going to go and explain on everyone who I don't think will and who I do think will and why.

Matt Hardy: Matt has recently giving one of the best promos in a long time from WWE and I feel this heel turn will work out best for him. Depending on how his fued goes with Jeff and how much heat he recieves from the fans during the time will be the deciding factor, I see it working out for him.

John Morrison: I prefer Miz to Morrison but, WWE doesn't. Morrison is one of WWE most pushed guys. He is a mutliple time WWE tag champion, a multiple time Intercontinetal champion, a former ECW Champion, and current World Tag champion. WWE definetly is high on this guy and once Morrison and Miz break up sadly, I see Morrison being the one elevated to main event status and winning World Heavyweight gold.

R-Truth: Too recent and he never really seemed to me to be someone who will ever go past the United States level.

The Miz: I prefer him to Morrison but, looking at championship success it's so obvious which of the two will be getting the big push and which one will be left out in his partners dust. Hopefully Miz wins it sooner or later but, not in five years (I only see Miz and Morrison lasting a year or so).

Shelton Benjamin: Shelton Benjamin has improved slightly on mic and is still the great althete he is but, I see him as one of WWE missed oppurtunites. I can see Shelton Benjamin in the main event scene but, I don't think WWE will ever have Shelton as the top of the show.

Cody Rhodes: Cody is the one of the team who wil lbe left in his partners dust and I'm referring to him and Dibiase. This probably is influenced by the fact I'm not a big Cody fan but, I honestly don't see him getting the world title.

Vladimir Kozlov: Kozlov is a possibilty but, I see him as an Umaga (sadly this happened to Umaga) he'll main event for awhile but, will end up jobbing more and more often and lose his credibilty as a monster.

Ted DiBiase: I'm a big fan of this guy and the creative team have even came up with ideas of him ending Taker's streak (which for obvious reasons won't happen), enough said right there.

Evan Bourne: Not going to happen. People he size aren't known for winning World gold from WWE, and I doubt will see him take on the Mysterio role in five years.

Jack Swagger: Not a big fan of him from what I've seen and think people over rate him but, I definitly see him winning World gold.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:12 pm

Y2J X wrote:

Matt Hardy: Matt has recently giving one of the best promos in a long time from WWE and I feel this heel turn will work out best for him. Depending on how his fued goes with Jeff and how much heat he recieves from the fans during the time will be the deciding factor, I see it working out for him.
Though all these are true, the fact that he's been flirting with this level for so long and it hasn't really gotten him a true title shot was why I didn't bother picking him.

Y2J X wrote:

Shelton Benjamin: Shelton Benjamin has improved slightly on mic and is still the great althete he is but, I see him as one of WWE missed oppurtunites. I can see Shelton Benjamin in the main event scene but, I don't think WWE will ever have Shelton as the top of the show.
Ideally I'd love to see him main event after he drops his title to MVP, but I don't see it happening unfortunately Sad

Y2J X wrote:

Vladimir Kozlov: Kozlov is a possibilty but, I see him as an Umaga (sadly this happened to Umaga) he'll main event for awhile but, will end up jobbing more and more often and lose his credibilty as a monster.
Exactly my thoughts. WWE loves to build monsters and use them to job at the main event level. Umaga, Khali, Big Show, he's just another jobbing monster to me that's just being built up right now.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Ashley

Female Number of posts : 2536
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:19 pm

I voted Matt Hardy, John Morrison, Vladimar Kozlov and Jack Swagger.

Matt Hardy
With the angle he is in with his brother, Jeff Hardy, currently, this is definetly going to get heat behind him and give him credability as a top heel. With the Elimination Chamber days away, the 6th entrant to be in the match-up may be Matt or Jeff, I think. This heel role could work out the best for him and he will continue as a main eventer.

John Morrison
First off, John Morrison, is hot. Now that I have that off of my mind, I want to say that John Morrison has gotten pushed in his WWE carrer, pushed very far. He debuted in MNM as Johnny Nitro, that angle went off good and he won the tag titles. Then as a singles competetor he went very far, winning the Intercontinel Championships and the ECW Championships. This guy, is a great singles and tag competetor and has many great years to come in the WWE.

Vladimar Kozlov
At first, I thought this guy was just another monster who will become a jobber after a few months or so. But now, the Moscow Mauwler gimmick fits in great, and his position on SmackDown is awesome now. Competing in the Elimination Chamber will not get him the title, but he may get a decent push here and there until winning the title fully.

Jack Swagger
Jack Swagger is the All-American American, who has only lost once in televised singles competetion. His in-ring ability, along with the ability to cut a promo like that, will be primed in the WWE for a while now. IT might take him a while to grow out of ECW to become a big-dog, but he can do it.

Why I Said No
Shelton Benjamin: I havent really been paying attention to him lately. And he has been underrated on SmackDown and might travel out of US only to be a big-dog, but not win the title.

R-Truth: See Shelton Benjamin.

The Miz: Basically, I see the same thing in him as John Morrison, but he hasnt won singles gold and his singles fighting has not really intruiged me. Although he plays an awesome heel.

Dibiase and Rhodes: With their current Legacy gimmick, Randy Orton could get them up to prime-time. But their build makes them look like Tag-Team Divison people. Although they have more potential and could play a mean heel, I dont think they have enough oohmp to become a world champion. They are definetly next if this Legacy angle is really good.

Evan Bourne: Evan Bourne is hot and all, but he is known too much just for the Shooting Star Press. He came close to winning the ECW Championship, but you could tell in a few years, he will be in the likes of IC and US championship fueds.
Back to top Go down
Manu Soldier
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Manu Soldier

Male Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:47 am

Maybe swagger if he is lucky
Back to top Go down
http://combatartswrestling.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:49 pm

I've voted for John Morrison, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase, simply because they are all extremely talented youngsters, I believe they are all already showing grat potential, so I'm guessing they'll all have a title reign over the next few years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:58 pm

You know I think the WWE doesn't have a lot of fate in The Hardys, I mean look at it this way Jeff's title run was like 3 or 4 weeks. And he didn't even really defend it, I don't think Matt Hardy is getting a title anytime soon.

Even though the ECW Heavyweight Title is still a "Heavyweight" Title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Manu Soldier
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Manu Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:36 pm

the hardys were only good for the tag team titles
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:08 pm

Manu if you really think that, check their succesion in singles competetion, as well as doubles/tag competetion. ONly great wrestlers could do both Tag and Singles greatly, and be in sync with their partner like the Hardys do. If the Hardys face at WrestleMania, it will be a night to remember, so they are more than just good for tag titles, they wre great for BOTH tag titles and singles titles.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:55 pm

stl311 wrote:
You know I think the WWE doesn't have a lot of fate in The Hardys, I mean look at it this way Jeff's title run was like 3 or 4 weeks. And he didn't even really defend it, I don't think Matt Hardy is getting a title anytime soon.

Even though the ECW Heavyweight Title is still a "Heavyweight" Title.

Edge's last reign was the same amount of length as Jeff's. These recent title changes, which have been pissing me off (especially seeing as Edge's will probably last untill Mania will he lose to HHH, although HHH hasn't won at Mania since Wrestlemania XIX), are all for storyline purposes. Jeff's reign was used to elevate the current storyline he has with Matt and possibly Christian. Matt's definitly recieving heat from this storyline which could end up giving him a title reign sometime in the next five years. Also only if the ECW title was still as World championship, sadly becuase of WWE it's not on that level anymore.
Back to top Go down
Manu Soldier
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Manu Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:49 am

Ashley Rosalina wrote:
Manu if you really think that, check their succesion in singles competetion, as well as doubles/tag competetion. ONly great wrestlers could do both Tag and Singles greatly, and be in sync with their partner like the Hardys do. If the Hardys face at WrestleMania, it will be a night to remember, so they are more than just good for tag titles, they wre great for BOTH tag titles and singles titles.
if they face each other at wrestlemania then wont there match be like owen and bret harts match which they had at wrestlemania 10
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Manu Soldier wrote:
Ashley Rosalina wrote:
if they face each other at wrestlemania then wont there match be like owen and bret harts match which they had at wrestlemania 10

Well, if you want to get technical, Owen and Bret Hart's match made history. It is being reviewed in the classic moments for WrestleMania, celebrating the 25th annervisery(sp?). Although, Owen and Bret didnt really go through as much as the Hardys, the Hardys held tag team championships togethers, and prime singles championships together. It would be a similar match, but the effects and storyline going into the match, will be different from MY point of view.
Back to top Go down
Manu Soldier
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Manu Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:48 am

Ashley Rosalina wrote:
Manu Soldier wrote:
Ashley Rosalina wrote:

Well, if you want to get technical, Owen and Bret Hart's match made history. It is being reviewed in the classic moments for WrestleMania, celebrating the 25th annervisery(sp?). Although, Owen and Bret didnt really go through as much as the Hardys, the Hardys held tag team championships togethers, and prime singles championships together. It would be a similar match, but the effects and storyline going into the match, will be different from MY point of view.
yes i get your point but if the storyline is different and is alot worse then that means this match should make history am i right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?   Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who will win a World Championship in the next 5 years?
Page 1 of 1