chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear

Go down 
+5
Soldier Awesome
Y2J X
stl311
babaganoosh
StuffOfLegends
9 posters
AuthorMessage
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Empty
PostSubject: Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear   Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Rey Mysterio revealed in a recent interview with the Houston Chronicle that he still has a few more years in him when asked whether it's harder to jump around at age 35 than it was at age 25. “It is without a doubt. I don’t know if it’s age or the years I’ve been doing it, but it has definitely taken a toll on my body.” Mysterio said.

“But I don’t want to quit. I still feel like I got a couple more years in me. I try to conserve myself as much as I can without doing as many crazy moves as I used to do when I was a lot younger. Some of those moves I can’t do anymore. Some I try to modify so I don’t have the risk of blowing out my knee or any other part of my body. It’s worked out pretty well.”

Mysterio also revealed that he has a fear of heights, “My very first show with the WWE I had my wrestling match versus Chavo (Guerrero). . . . I had to climb up a cage on the outside and stand on top and dive into the inside of the ring. At the moment it didn’t hit me — I climbed so fast — until I tried to stand with nothing behind me and ring in front of me. And looking 15 to 17 feet down is when it really hit me. (Laughs.) I don’t like heights. I just did it. It happened so fast, I just dove off and it was over.”
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear   Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:33 pm

For a guy jumping all over the place, you wouldn't think heights would be a problem. That'd be like Sandman being afraid of blood.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear   Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Or Baba being afraid of women...

Oh wait.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear   Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:05 pm

None of this is really news to me. I figured his retirement wasn't too far off considering all the injuries he's had recently, sad to hear I have to put up with him for a few more years. As for the heights thing, I knew about that for over a year.
Back to top Go down
Soldier Awesome
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder
Soldier Awesome

Male Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear   Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:35 pm

I knew about the heights thing, it was in a WWE Mag once tongue Also I reckon he'll retire in a few years. Wrestling isn't a place for midgets No
Back to top Go down
http://www.epwperth.com/
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear   Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Nothing wrong with being small in the wrestling world. I can't say I agree with the fact that Rey became Champ like he did, but that doesn't mean that the smaller guys don't get the chance to be bigger stars if they have the talent.

Anyway, I kinda saw this coming, he's had so many injuries as of late, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets hurt pretty badly again before his retirement time, and decides to pack it up there and then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear   Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:53 pm

I agree with Tiff for the most part. I think Rey has proven himself enough that his height isn't really an issue. He's not Hornswoggle running around like a buffoon.

I hope for his health that he retires sooner rather than later. It's good that he knows he can't do all of the same things he used to, but there's obviously still a risk of injury regardless of how careful he is.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear   Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:22 pm

In-ring I guess he's fine, but his character's gotten pretty stale in my eyes. If they could freshen him up somehow, I'd be glad to see him around another few years. If not, I'd be more than happy to thank him for his years of service, give him a nice retirement match, and move on.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear   Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 5:24 pm

I have never been a fan of Mysterio, I can only take so much of the "David v. Goliath" thing. I predict that he will be on SD after to night and that he takes the IC title with him. Then, MVP brings the US title with him to Raw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear   Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rey Mysterio's Retirement/Fear
Page 1 of 1