chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy

Go down 
+4
ladymahogany
Y2J X
babaganoosh
tnalockdownfan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Empty
PostSubject: Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy   Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 4:34 pm

More details are now surfacing about the situation involving Mr. Kennedy and WWE. For those still in the dark, you should read the original article about why Mr. Kennedy got fired specifically and what went down backstage at RAW that night. It is on the newsboard if you go back a few days.

as far as the update is concerned, it appears that not just Randy Orton went to Vince McMahon to complain about how dangerously clumbsy Kennedy is in the ring and how green he is. While no one is named directly, apparently two or three top, multi-time world champions (one should already come to mind) were among those that went directly to McMahon to vent their frustrations.

According to sources, the WWE Chairman was already in a bad mood due to the NBA/Denver Nuggets situation and reportedly went insane with anger on a plane ride back home. McMahon apparently said Kennedy is now on the WWE's "do not call list" which very few people are on. It's the cream of the crop when it comes to testing the often-preeched "never say never" slogan in WWE.

credit: wrestlingattitude.com
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy   Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Lol...didn't even know Kennedy got fired Razz
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy   Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:10 pm

According to a ton of comments on Youtube Kennedy videos, the two world champions were John Cena and Triple H. I've explained my thoughts on his release, although they have changed. From what I heard, Orton talking to Kennedy backstage wasn't that heated, just Orton telling Kennedy he needs to be more careful in the ring so he doesn't injure anyone else. I do think the punishment is too much.
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy   Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:10 am

It really doesn't matter to me why he was released. He was sloppy or he wouldn't have been injured so much. If I were running the company, I probably would have released him already.
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy   Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:22 am

Well, as much as I love Kennedy, I think it was the right thing to do, at least for the mean time. Other wrestlers, especially Cena, had every right to complain if he was sloppy in the ring, as they would with any superstar.

But do not call list? Isn't Vince going too far? The guy has barely had change to develop, so he can't expect him to be as careful as the legends in the business. Maybe in a few years when he's trained more, he'll be a lot more careful in the ring.

If Vince never even thinks of taking him back in a few years or so, then I think he'll be making a big mistake, because with the right amount of work, Kennedy could be a main eventer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
Lionheat
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student
Lionheat

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy   Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:01 am

I never found the guy entertaining, thought he was one of the most vanilla "superstars" in WWE and didn't deserve to be anywhere near the main event...I was utterly perplexed when he was thrown into an angle with The Undertaker, and the fact that they still seemed to think so highly of him when it became clear that he was injury-prone, unreliable and generally not at all entertaining or worthy of a main event run has never ceased to baffle me. Never again will a name be forgotten quite so quickly.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy   Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:16 am

Don't worry.

TNA will make sure that you won't forget his name in a couple of months.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy   Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:19 pm

EdgeHead wrote:
Don't worry.

TNA will make sure that you won't forget his name in a couple of months.

Except we won't have any clue what that name will be, since the WWE owns Mr. Kennedy...
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy   Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:28 pm

They'll probably use his real name: Ken Anderson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy   Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huge Backstage Update: WWE Stars Bury Kennedy
Page 1 of 1