chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rise and Fall of WCW.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

The Rise and Fall of WCW. Empty
PostSubject: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:00 am

Well I just got done watching this 3 disc set, I must say it wasn't bad. But it was very one sided. A lot of the interviews were taped from 2002-03, and a lot of the focus (about an hour and a half) was on 95-98. They didn't really cover to much of the Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling, or even Georgia Championship Wrestling. They didn't cover how the big belt was born, or how Thunder was born. They barely talked about The Powerplant, or Starcade. They didn't even mention war games, or the Wolfpac. They mentioned the nWo and Goldberg. Early on the DVD it was Flair, Rhodes, and Steamboat. Really not to indepth with the Cruiserweights either. The match list is pretty good, they have two discs of different matches so that was pretty entertaining. Overall I'd say it was a 3/5, would of been a lot better had they had Hogan and Hall actually interviewed instead of just taped from way back when. Also would of been good to see them not take cheap shots at Jeff Jarrett, or to leave out so much. I only paided 20 bucks for it though so all and all I can't bitch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:26 am

I don't think that it was that one sided. There are a few main piece of WCW that did not get to say their piece, but for the most part, the most important players were represented.
They did use previous interviews form Bischoff and Booker T, but considering the way Booker T left the WWE, I don't think that he would take their calls. It would have been better if we heard from Sting, but he works for the rival, so I knew that would not happen. Hopefully they will talk with Sting when they do the Sting DVD.

I didn't see it as "cheap shots" towards Jarrett. It would have been one thing if it was Vince trashing him because everyone knows that there is no love loss there, but it was guys that he worked with.

The DVD is very informative on how cable TV change the wresting business. They had a rep from Turner Broadcasting to defend Turner. Bill Watts was given the chance to defend himself. Overall, I think that it is a great DVD and I like the matches as well. It is hard to just pick 20, but I think that they have a good cross section of matches. When watching those matches, I was reminded how bad WCW commentary was. I did not like the Ladder Match with Eddie and Syyxx, it just was not good. Eddie is a HOFer and Syyxx was not or is not in his league.

Noteable missing interviews from Russo, Nash, Jarrett and Sting would have made it a little more balanced, but we all know that Jarrett and Russo would turn them down. Hell, they may have been asked and said no.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
I don't think that it was that one sided. There are a few main piece of WCW that did not get to say their piece, but for the most part, the most important players were represented.
They did use previous interviews form Bischoff and Booker T, but considering the way Booker T left the WWE, I don't think that he would take their calls. It would have been better if we heard from Sting, but he works for the rival, so I knew that would not happen. Hopefully they will talk with Sting when they do the Sting DVD.

I didn't see it as "cheap shots" towards Jarrett. It would have been one thing if it was Vince trashing him because everyone knows that there is no love loss there, but it was guys that he worked with.

The DVD is very informative on how cable TV change the wresting business. They had a rep from Turner Broadcasting to defend Turner. Bill Watts was given the chance to defend himself. Overall, I think that it is a great DVD and I like the matches as well. It is hard to just pick 20, but I think that they have a good cross section of matches. When watching those matches, I was reminded how bad WCW commentary was. I did not like the Ladder Match with Eddie and Syyxx, it just was not good. Eddie is a HOFer and Syyxx was not or is not in his league.

Noteable missing interviews from Russo, Nash, Jarrett and Sting would have made it a little more balanced, but we all know that Jarrett and Russo would turn them down. Hell, they may have been asked and said no.

Noteable pieces missing just those four? Russo wasn't in it, Nash wasn't in it, Jarrett wasn't in it, Sting wasn't in it, DDP wasn't in it, Macho Man wasn't in it, the interviews from Hogan, Bischoff, Booker T, and Hall were taped. The only older wrestlers in the DVD were guy who worked for Vince. Guys like Arn Anderson (Road Agent) or Dean Malenko (Same Thing), Flair was on it for the same reason, except he was talent. Dusty Rhodes for the same reasons except he is creative talent.

Yet you miss Russo, Nash, DDP, Sting, Jarrett, Macho Man, The one Road Warrior who isn't dead, Ricky Steamboat, Lex Luger, Harley Race, and you barely mention any PPV but Starcade?

How in the blue fuck is that not one sided?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:32 pm

DDP was on there talking about his match with tag team partner, Karl Malone.
Sting works for another promotion, same with Nash, Russo, Jarrett. Those guys wouldn't even take that call to do the interviews. Steamboat was on there talking about his matches with Flair. They talked about Halloween Havoc, too.
The company failed, so there isn't to many sides anyway.
Russo, Nash, and Jarrett are a huge part of the reason it failed. I doubt that they would do interviews for the promotion that bought them out and buried them.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:46 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Sting works for another promotion, same with Nash, Russo, Jarrett. Those guys wouldn't even take that call to do the interviews. Steamboat was on there talking about his matches with Flair. They talked about Halloween Havoc, too.
Russo, Nash, and Jarrett are a huge part of the reason it failed. I doubt that they would do interviews for the promotion that bought them out and buried them.

I don't recall seeing DDP and Steamboat.

Which makes it a fail.

And they fucking didn't mention the Wolfpac or LWO.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:38 pm

stl311 wrote:
Concrete Jesus wrote:

I don't recall seeing DDP and Steamboat.

Which makes it a fail.

And they fucking didn't mention the Wolfpac or LWO.

I am positive that DDP talked about how he and Karl Malone became tag partners. It was right before they talked about David Arquette becoming WCW Champion.

You are correct that they didn't mention the Wolfpack or the LWO, but the LWO is just an afterthought in the whole"WO" thing. Watch it again and you will see DDP talking about Karl Malone, The Doc. part is only 3 hrs long, so they did gloss over a few things. They can't give the full story on every PPV and lame ass faction that WCW had going, which makes it a success.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:44 pm

If you think the Wolfpac didn't raise the bar in WCW you're on crack. Also let me add that you are right on the DDP thing, but they really should of talked more about WCW in the 80s, like they did with ECW. They didn't focus on 95 and 96 they focused on it all. It needed more history to it, and they really should do more with WCW.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:56 pm

stl311 wrote:
If you think the Wolfpac didn't raise the bar in WCW you're on crack. Also let me add that you are right on the DDP thing, but they really should of talked more about WCW in the 80s, like they did with ECW. They didn't focus on 95 and 96 they focused on it all. It needed more history to it, and they really should do more with WCW.

The Wolfpack may have but the LWO did not. The "WO's" got way to big and at one point, it seemed that the entire rosters was in a "WO" faction. It got repedative and ridiculious at the end. The DVD should have had a chapter on the Wolfpac, but they were fine leaving out the LWO.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 pm

What about nWo Silver? Or how Bret Hart came to be?

Why was Finlay left out? He wasn't that big in WCW but then again neither was Rey Rey.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:13 am

stl311 wrote:
What about nWo Silver? Or how Bret Hart came to be?

Why was Finlay left out? He wasn't that big in WCW but then again neither was Rey Rey.

Why no Silver? Like I said before, the "WO" stuff got out of hand and ridiculious. They would have had to do an hour on all of the "WO" stuff.

I think that they have been over and over Brett going to WCW, just watch the Brett Hart DVD. It is a huge part of WCW history, but it has been discussed a millin times. I am pretty sure they go into it on the "Monday Night Wars" DVD as well.

I don't know why Finlay didn't do any interview. Maybe he didn't have anything new to add to what everyone else said.
Edit. They also forgot the nWo Aqua, nWo Red and White Makes Pink and the nWo Green and Black, DX is better then us.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 am

My buddy picked it up today and I'm gonna borrow it from him once he finishes watching it.

Really curious to see how biased the WWE was on that one.
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 pm

In that case, as far as those who didn't want to take part in the DVD then I only got 1 thing to say:

I don't balem ANY of them @ ALL
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:15 am

Come on, you're not gonna start again another anti-Vince rant, are you?
Back to top Go down
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:49 am

EdgeHead wrote:
Come on, you're not gonna start again another anti-Vince rant, are you?

Nice try EdgeHead, but hey, that's just the way I feel

No offense to you and plus, I'm not here to point fingers @ Vince, Bischoff, Russo or anyone else.

B'lieve Dat!

and besides, I just say that if they don't want to take part of the DVD then that's that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rise and Fall of WCW.   The Rise and Fall of WCW. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rise and Fall of WCW.
Page 1 of 1