chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem Empty
PostSubject: Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem   Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:38 pm

Quote :

Strikeforce Heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko has called out Strikeforce Heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem to try and get his ranking back as the number one Heavyweight in the world.

Speaking via MixFight.ru, Fedor said:

“Absolutely, I would like a rematch with Werdum. But as he was recently operated on, then as soon as this fight is unlikely to happen. This year, in November-December, I would prefer to meet in a cage with Alistair Overeem.”

“This is an important match for me and something that I personally want to happen. There have been conversations about putting this match-up together in the past and now is the time to begin making this bout possible.”

It is great that he wants to fight Overreem, but he lost a number 1 contenders fight. So, do they pretend that didn't happen and give him a title shot?
Back to top Go down
Serial
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
Serial

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem   Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:25 pm

That's the way SF works. Rogers lost to Fedor, and he got a title shot.

The titles in SF mean crap, and SF doesn't do much to push a good number of their champions/contenders.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem   Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Hah...Fedor challenging Overeem now. Where was he when Overeem was challenging him for years? Now that he losses, he throws it back at the Reem? And oh yes, it didn't come after his fight with Werdum where he pretty much knew Werdum needed surgery like a week after their fight, he waited til now. Why did he wait til now to challenge Reem in November or December? Because Overeem just commited to competing at the K1 Grand Prix that runs from October to December. Coincidence?

It's obvious what Fedor and M-1 are trying to do. Pick a time when the champ is tied up, challenge him, he won't accept, and then they'll think they look all high and mighty.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem   Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:54 pm

I have a really hard to liking Fedor as a fighter. Last summer, he completely ducked the UFC. Now, he lookin for a fighter after losing to Werdom? Really? I am supposed to buy that this man is the greatest MMA fighter in the sports history?
Back to top Go down
Serial
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan
Serial

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem   Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:30 pm

A lot of the shenanigans of Fedor may not be his fault. M-1 Global, his management, is the source of many problems, like signing with the UFC for example.

I think M-1 is screwed now, due to Fedor's aura being gone.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem   Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:27 pm

I think the majority of the blame for both the UFC thing and this new situation. However, Fedor is their prized fighter and if Fedor ever stepped up and said something, M-1 would definitely do what he said. That and Fedor is part owner of M-1, so he's not just a fighter under them, he's also part of the negotiating mess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem   Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fedor Emelianenko Wants Alistair Overeem
Page 1 of 1