chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC Empty
PostSubject: Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC   Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Quote :

Posted by: Corey Santiago
Fedor Emelianenko has revealed that he would consider offers from the UFC once his Strikeforce contract runs out which is after his next two fights, meaning Emelianenko could be possible coming around to the idea of fighting for the elite MMA promotion in the world.

Speaking via BloodyElbow.com, Emelianenko said:

“I did want to offend the UFC in any way. What I meant is, I don’t like to watch fights in general. My main concern is what kind of culture I bring, myself. It has always been for me that some fighters would appear and people would want to see me in matches against these fighters. That will always happen.”

“As for the UFC, when my contract with Strikeforce is over – I have two fights left on my contract – the UFC will have the time and the opportunity to prepare and offer a contract that may be interesting to me.”

Until Fedor fights a top HW, I can't consider him the top HW in MMA and, for him to fight top HW, he has to fight in the UFC, period. Bret Rogers sucks, Werdum, so what. Overreem would be more impressive, but I want to see him fight guys like Brock and Carwin.
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC   Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:39 am

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Until Fedor fights a top HW, I can't consider him the top HW in MMA and, for him to fight top HW, he has to fight in the UFC, period. Bret Rogers sucks, Werdum, so what. Overreem would be more impressive, but I want to see him fight guys like Brock and Carwin.

He's beat...
Andrei Arlovski (former UFC Heavyweight Champion)
Tim Sylvia (former UFC Heavyweight Champion)
Mark Coleman (first UFC Heavyweight Champion and UFC Hall of Famer)
Cro Cop (mother fucking Cro Cop, one of the best fighters of all time)
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira (UFC Heavyweight Champion, Pride Heavyweight Champion, one of the greatest fighters of all time)

And I'll throw in Heath Herring cause he's a UFC guy too.

That good enough for you? Is Fedor one of the top heavyweight fighters?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC   Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Straight-Edge Zach wrote:

He's beat...
Andrei Arlovski (former UFC Heavyweight Champion)
Tim Sylvia (former UFC Heavyweight Champion)
Mark Coleman (first UFC Heavyweight Champion and UFC Hall of Famer)
Cro Cop (mother fucking Cro Cop, one of the best fighters of all time)
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira (UFC Heavyweight Champion, Pride Heavyweight Champion, one of the greatest fighters of all time)

And I'll throw in Heath Herring cause he's a UFC guy too.
In my ask me thread, I discussed how Fedor should be the #1 HW in the world, but he wasn't on top of the P4P rankings because of the level of competition he's faced. I'll address that here.

Arlovski - glass jaw and hasn't won any of his last 3 fights
Sylvia - hasn't been relevant in MMA since UFC 68 and he's just been a joke since then (see Mercer fight)
Coleman - Coleman is only a UFC HOF because he was the first ever champion, that's it. He won the title, then lost his next 3, and was dropped by the UFC in 1999 and never good enough to come back until they needed a weak fighter to feed to others they're trying to build up in 2009.

His fights with Nog and Cro Cop (especially Cro Cop) were pretty epic stuff and it's great to see him face the best HW AT THAT TIME, but it's been about 5 years since he's really faced anybody that meant anything in the HW division. Guys like Mark Hunt, Tim Sylvia, Hong Man Choi, etc. probably aren't even ranked in the top 10 HW in the world. If he wants to remain at the top, he needs to transition over to the UFC and face the new breed of HWs like Lesnar, Carwin, JDS, Velasquez, etc.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC   Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 3:20 pm

The one of those guys that is still even close to being a factor in the HW Div. is Nogs and he is obviously on the other side of his prime. I was never impressed with Tim Sylvia, even though he did win the UFC HW title. If Fedor beats Oveereem, then that is a step up, but not to number 1. The UFC has the best HW's in the world and Fedor has got fight them and beat them to be the best. As Ric Flair likes to say, "To be the man, you've to to beat the man" and right now, Brock is the man in the HW Div. It seems to me that Fedor's management is protecting him by only allowing him to fight far lesser talent. Bret Rogers? Are you fuckin kidding me? That guy is a joke. That guy is barely better then Kimbo. That guy would be lucky to win a spot in the TUF house. Bret "The Grim" Rogers sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC   Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fedor Emelianenko Would Consider Offers From The UFC
Page 1 of 1