chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent Empty
PostSubject: Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent   Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Quote :

Posted by: Corey Santiago

Strikeforce Heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko has revealed that Strikeforce is having a hard time finding him a serious opponent to fight inside the cage with Alistair Overeem and Fabricio Werdum either unable to fight or not wanting to fight Fedor.

Speaking via MixFight.ru, Fedor said:

“I have said many times that I have nothing to do with match-making. Right now, Strikeforce is struggling to find me a serious opponent. Alistair Overeem keeps finding all sorts of excuses not to fight me. The remaining stars have lost in their recent fights, so the promotion has no desire to put them up against me. And Fabricio Werdum is still recovering from his surgery. In addition, I have only one fight remaining with Strikeforce.”

“I’m yet to decide whether I’m going to continue my fighting career after this contract expires. Also, my candidacy nominated for the Post of Deputy in Belgorod Regional Duma, and if I’m elected, I think, will defend the interests of the people and try to do my best efforts for the development of sport. But again, I think it’s too early to talk about it. I have to finalize the contract and prepare for my last bout.”

That is what happens when you decide not to go fight the best in the world. The UFC has plenty of HW that would love to get there hands on Fedor and I think Couture would still love to get a fight with him. Does anyone else think Fedor is living off of hype at this point in his career?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent   Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Well he does only have 1 loss so far, so I'm not willing to say he's all hype, but he certainly wasn't what everyone tried to make him out to be a few years back. I still get a chuckle out of him saying Overeem doesn't want to fight him when he never wanted Overeem back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent   Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:18 pm

If you can tell, I am still a little pissed that he did not step up to the big time, when he had the chance.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent   Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:21 am

Brock "Lunchbox Fists" Lesnar will await his arrival Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent   Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:41 pm

There are so many fighters waiting for him. If he would have went to UFC in 07, he could have faught Randy Couture. Brock would gladly give him an ass kickin.
Back to top Go down
I Am Rocco
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
I Am Rocco

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent   Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
If you can tell, I am still a little pissed that he did not step up to the big time, when he had the chance.

I would agree, Fedor wants to be considered the best in the world, but in order to do that he needs to compete with the best in the world and the simple fact is the best in the world are with the UFC.

I doubt its a money thing cause im sure Dana would pay big for Fedor as he would sell, so I wonder what the problem is ?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent   Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:23 pm

The problem is Fedor's management. Dana White was willing to give them almost everything they ask for. Huge money, choice of fights, back in on PPV's, but they would not cross promote his management's company and that is why he ended up with Strikeforce in the first place. I think his company is M1 Global, but I get that confused with K1 sometimes.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent   Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:04 pm

^^It is in fact M1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent   Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fedor Emelianenko Says Strikeforce Are Struggling To Find Him An Opponent
Page 1 of 1