chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares Empty
PostSubject: UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares   UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Main card
Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Rousimar Palhares
Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Charles Oliveira
Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Gleison Tibau
Lightweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Cole Miller

Preliminary card
Light Heavyweight bout: Jared Hamman vs. Kyle Kingsbury
Middleweight bout: Tomasz Drwal vs. Dave Branch
Middleweight bout: Rich Attonito vs. Rafael Natal
Welterweight bout: Anthony Waldburger vs. David Mitchell
Welterweight bout: Brian Foster vs. Forrest Petz

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares   UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:15 pm

I can only think of 2 Palhares fights. The first one I remember and his first UFC fight, his BJJ looked amazing. The second fight I remember, he won, but he was completely gassed by the end of the 2nd RD. I can't really pick these fights yet, I gotta do a bit of research.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares   UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Most of the undercard bouts don't really speak to me, so I'm not going to bother trying to predict the outcome. It'd just end up being me picking names out of a hat.

For the main card though, I'm in the middle between Pearson and Miller. If I had to choose a winner, I'd go with Pearson. Miller/Tibau, it's again a little hard to choose. I remember watching Tibau and his monster takedowns, but he had problems keeping his opponent down and he'd gas. I guess I'll go with Tibau by UD 2 rounds to 1. Escudero/Oliveira, I'll go with Escudero. He's a very promising young fighter and I think he'll be able to work his way up the division. Main event, I see Marquardt taking it. I really don't know much about Palhares (for some reason, none of his fights stick out...making if I looked back I'd remember them...), but Marquardt is a great overall fighter who is a top contender and probably would've gotten a title shot had Sonnen not beat him last time out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares   UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs Palhares
Page 1 of 1