chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Empty
PostSubject: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:05 am

Main card
Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Yushin Okami
Middleweight bout: Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Andre Winner
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Peter Sobotta
Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Goran Reljic

Preliminary card
Middleweight bout: Kyle Noke vs. Rob Kimmons
Light Heavyweight bout: Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexandre Ferreira
Welterweight bout: Pascal Krauss vs. Mark Scanlon
Welterweight bout: Duane Ludwig vs. Nick Osipczak
Light Heavyweight bout: Seth Petruzelli vs. Karlos Vemola
Welterweight bout: Kris McCray vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:03 pm

I really enjoy seeing Krzysztof Soszynski fight and I was pretty surprised when he lost to Bonner. I think he will get back to winning this Saturday.

I am suprised to see Seth Petruzelli andVladimir Matyushenko get another UFC fight, after they got his ass beat this summer.

Marquardt looked great in his last fight and a win Saturday will probably get him a title shot, after whats his name gets his.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:

I am suprised to see Seth Petruzelli andVladimir Matyushenko get another UFC fight, after they got his ass beat this summer.
Well Petruzelli looked really good in the first round and just gassed, so he could still have something in him if he can improve his gas tank. And The Janitor lost to Jon Bones Jones...everybody looks bad against Jones Razz

The most obvious name to show up was Denis Siver, who I'm always supporting because of his spinning back kick ^.^

As for Marquardt/Okami, I'm pretty torn about it. Marquardt is a great overall fighter, a legit top contender in the MW division, and coming out of Jackson's camp. On the flip side is Yushin Thunder Okami who I feel is one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC. 25-5 overall, 9-2 in the UFC and his only 2 losses were against Rich Franklin (3 years ago when he was still near the top of the division) and Chael Sonnen (who dominated Silva for 4 and a half rounds), so his losses were to big names in their prime. I think if Marquardt wins, he's going to be out-striking Okami and if Okami wins, it'll be a decision win from his wrestling. Don't let the asian skinnyness fool you, he's got retard strength.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm

I find Okami boring as hell. When is the last time he finished a fight? I don't remember.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:08 am

Well that's why I chose him by decision Very Happy Though he did finish a fight 2 fights ago...so...yeah.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:59 am

I don't want to see someone that goes out for a decision, I want to see someone that goes out to finish fights and the decision just happens once in a while. I think that Okami vs. Silva would be boring as hell.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
I don't want to see someone that goes out for a decision, I want to see someone that goes out to finish fights and the decision just happens once in a while. I think that Okami vs. Silva would be boring as hell.
Did you think Sonnen/Silva was boring as hell?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Actually no, but I think Sonnen did everything he could do to finish Silva. Everytime Sonnen was on top of Silva, he was working to end him. It wasn't like a TKD and 2 mins of nothing, followed by a ref stand up. I could be way off, but that is what I think of when I think Okami.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:54 am

With Okami training with Sonnen and Team Quest, he's next to take on Silva after Belfort. Another wrestler against Silva and someone who has the ability to defend against submissions. He can't quite walk through punches like Sonnen can, but he still has the style to get Silva on his back and win a UD.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Damn, that fight was boring and I can't see a 30/27 score card either. I don't doubt that Okami bored enough to score points, but I did not have him winng all 3 RD's. I had it like this RD 1: Okami. Although I think it could have went the other way. RD 2: Marqaudrt RD 3: Okami. Okami did win, but no 30/27, in my opinion. Okami gets a title shot? Not looking forward to that fight, wether it is with Belfort or Silva.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:30 pm

If Silva loses, I don't mind it Razz No longer a fan of that guy.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Doesn't matter who wins because the next fight will be 5 RD's of boring, brought to you by Okami.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey, he's already got a win of Silva and it only took 1 round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami   UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 122: Marquardt vs Okami
Page 1 of 1