chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T Empty
PostSubject: Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T   Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Quote :
Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com

UFC president Dana White did a radio appearance today where he guaranteed a network TV deal for quarterly UFC specials by September 15, 2009. White also spoke on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson pulling out of the Dec. 12 show in Memphis against Rashad Evans so he can play Mr. T in the new A-Team movie, saying:

"I hate it. I'm so mad at Rampage over this. Rampage is a guy that we've obviously taken under our wings the last couple of years. We really like him and done a lot of good things for him. For him to do this to me, and pull out for this goofy A-Team movie, I'm not happy at all. They're not paying him jack. He's giving up literally millions of dollars to play Mr. T. If you think he's gonna go in and say, `I pity the fool,' and he's gonna become a huge serious actor off that role, give me a friggin’ break."
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T   Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:13 pm

I wonder if Rampage's next UFC contract will have some sort of exclusitivity clause in it. He's certainly not doing himself any favours right now.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T   Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:15 pm

It makes me laugh that Dana White thinks he makes everyone. He didn't fucking make Rampage, as a matter of fact Rampage could do better without him. He's a big name and he is a powerful fighter, before Lesnar it is quite possible Rampage was the most marketable guy in UFC.

Except for The Ice Man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T   Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:27 pm

He put big money behind him and he was suppose to fight at the end of TUF season. He was supposed to fight Evans and now that card has been blown up. They will make due, but I would be fine with Rampage going someplace else. He can go fight half rate light heavyweights in Strikeforce.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T   Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:26 pm

stl311 wrote:
He's a big name and he is a powerful fighter, before Lesnar it is quite possible Rampage was the most marketable guy in UFC.
He can be as marketable as he wants, but without a marketer, he's still no good to anyone.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T   Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:31 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
stl311 wrote:
He's a big name and he is a powerful fighter, before Lesnar it is quite possible Rampage was the most marketable guy in UFC.
He can be as marketable as he wants, but without a marketer, he's still no good to anyone.

Yeah, it isn't like he couldn't go to Strikeforce or maybe even become a wrestler.

He would sell out seats if he did either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T   Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:33 pm

I have always felt his personality abrasive and annoying. He could make far more money as a fighter right now, but I could see him doing it after his fighting career is over.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T   Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:45 pm

stl311 wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:
stl311 wrote:

Yeah, it isn't like he couldn't go to Strikeforce or maybe even become a wrestler.
If you take out his time in the UFC and say he was marketable before then, what good would strikeforce have been? Take a known fighter by a niche audience (Pride audience), put him in a promotion that didn't get big at all until a year after he signed with the UFC, and you've just got another fighter fighting in a North American promotion that nobody cares about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T   Dana White Furious At Rampage Jackson Over Playing Mr. T Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1