chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film

Go down 
+7
Yoda
Cena Powns All
Ex-Mattitude Follower
cenaluva
babaganoosh
ladymahogany
StuffOfLegends
11 posters
AuthorMessage
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:46 am

Source: Rajah.com

"The latest issue of Power Wrestling - a German wrestling magazine - features Mr. Kennedy on the cover, who is interviewed for the magazine. Kennedy says that he has signed a contract with WWE Films to appear in one of their movies. He says that shooting for the movie starts this month, and it will be shot in Puerto Rico. He also notes that it will be an action movie. WWE Films is currently shooting "Twelve Rounds", starring John Cena."
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:21 pm

This is really surprising to me. I didn't expect Kennedy to want to be a screen actor. As far as I know (and based on IMDB) he hasn't so much as guest starred in an acting role yet so it's hard for me to get excited about him being in a movie. If anyone knows of anything he's done, please post a clip. Based on his mic skills I suppose he could do well, but I'm not going to get my hopes up that WWE Films will produce a great movie. Is there any information on what his role will be?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 2:24 pm

Yeah I don't expect much out of this film either. I'm surprised WWE has chosen to use him considering that he isn't really the main-event status type superstar yet that they've used in the past. And in the case of Kane, it was really his gimmick that worked out for him, so Kennedy doesn't have much that distances him from others...just him saying his name again.
Back to top Go down
cenaluva
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
cenaluva

Female Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 2:47 pm

thats gonna be funny seeing loudmouth in his first movie.i wont be seeing it.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Ken Kennedy seems like the kind of guy who would be decent in this role but so far everything from WWE films has been pretty poor and I doubt that's going to change now. I'll check it out though just to see how Kennedy does.
Back to top Go down
Cena Powns All
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:24 am

Won't matter. Cena's movie will pown his!
Back to top Go down
Yoda
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Yoda

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 5:25 am

WWE just continues to push the movie industry. Why not try to sign The Rock and make a movie using him?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 6:26 am

WWE hasn't made a good movie yet....

That being said, I expect big things out of this movie...and here is why. For one true wrestling fans might go see it just cause Cena isn't being pushed down our throats in this one....another reason is Kennedy has the mic skills like Rocky had, and finally can you get much worse then Kane, Cena, and Austin in films?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 9:02 am

Bumi wrote:
WWE just continues to push the movie industry. Why not try to sign The Rock and make a movie using him?
I doubt he wants to do that right now.

stl311 wrote:
finally can you get much worse then Kane, Cena, and Austin in films?
For a mindless action flick, I thought the Condemned wasn't bad.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 10:35 am

Am I the only one excited for this movie? Seriously, it will be great to see another wrestler other than Cena to star in a movie. Ken Kennedy, in my opinion has one of the best mic skills in WWE right now and I think that'll help him a lot in this movie. As for Cena starring in another movie, I won't have much to say about that. It's not like it's a shocker or anything that he's in another movie.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 10:44 am

Inah wrote:
Am I the only one excited for this movie? Seriously, it will be great to see another wrestler other than Cena to star in a movie. Ken Kennedy, in my opinion has one of the best mic skills in WWE right now and I think that'll help him a lot in this movie. As for Cena starring in another movie, I won't have much to say about that. It's not like it's a shocker or anything that he's in another movie.

Ken Kennedy's mic skills are decent but they really aren't that great when you look back at wrestlers from the past like The Rock, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair and Roddy Piper. He only looks so good with the mic because most heels in WWE have very little charisma like Mark Henry, Shelton Benjamin, The Great Khali and Big Daddy V. But there are a few guys in WWE who I believe are better on the mic than Ken Kennedy such as Triple H, Edge and MVP.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:26 am

If you compare todays wrestlers' mic skills and wrestlers from the past, it's no doubt that past wrestlers are 10 times better. All I'm saying is that Ken Kennedy has one of the best mic skills in the WWE today in my opinion and I think he can be the next Rock. As for the heels who don't have any charisma at all, that's not Kennedy's fault.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:37 am

I'm not saying it's Kenney's fault, I'm just saying that he only looks so good because most of the heels in WWE have zero charisma so he looks a million bucks. Without them, he'd just be another average mid card guy. I'd say MVP is closer to being the next Rock then Kennedy. Kennedy has been on a downward spiral since joining Raw where his supposedly brilliant mic skills and chrismatic persona have been overshadowed by people like Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, JBL and Triple H.
Back to top Go down
Axl
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Axl

Male Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Whoa whoa whoa.

Hold on a second.

WWE's films have no sucked because of the wrestlers-turned-actors in them. They've sucked, because they've had godawful scripts/plots, and is usually boring mind-numbing schlock, that went out of style in 1987.

Cena & Austin are good actors. Too bad McMahon doesn't financially back a 'good' film for them to lead.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Male Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:45 pm

Axl wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa.

Hold on a second.

WWE's films have no sucked because of the wrestlers-turned-actors in them. They've sucked, because they've had godawful scripts/plots, and is usually boring mind-numbing schlock, that went out of style in 1987.

Cena & Austin are good actors. Too bad McMahon doesn't financially back a 'good' film for them to lead.

Yeah, I heard a while back that Vince will take a script presented to him and completely rework it. Like apparently the original novel version of See No Evil was a lot darker and had less sex in it, but Vince thought it was a bit dull.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Mr. Tambourine Man wrote:

Yeah, I heard a while back that Vince will take a script presented to him and completely rework it. Like apparently the original novel version of See No Evil was a lot darker and had less sex in it, but Vince thought it was a bit dull.
Whoah whoah whoah, there was sex in See No Evil? *goes to download it*

Now back on topic, I think when you want to do movies, you should get guys who just seem more natural. Kennedy does a decent job on the mic, but a lot of what he does is over the top, and in movies, that won't help him out much. He gets pops because he likes to emphasize his last name, he's intense, but you can't go with that one style for more than an hour. Sure 5 minutes in a ring is cool, but you need a more natural guy on the mic. I think Austin in a real movie would do awesome, and if the Rock was in good movies (not ones about Tooth Fairies...) he could excel too. Jericho is another natural that comes to mind, and maybe even Shawn Michaels.
Back to top Go down
Axl
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Axl

Male Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 2:08 am

Mr. Tambourine Man wrote:
Axl wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa.

Hold on a second.

And see that's the problem. Alot of these people in wrestling think that because they write stories or angles for WRESTLING, that they are writers. WRONG.

Since when has ANYTHING in wrestling been emmy-worthy brilliant writing? Since when did Vince McMahon think he's David friggin' Chase?

Vince needs to let the professionals handle it, with production teams, etc.

All Vince needs to do is fund the damn thing, get his little 'Executive Producer' title in the credits so his dick can get hard, and sit back and collect the checks.

Jesus...
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:54 am

Axl wrote:

Jesus...
Yes my child? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:29 am

babaganoosh wrote:
Axl wrote:

Jesus...
Yes my child? Very Happy
That was hilarious. Thank you for giving me a laugh.

And Axl, you could not be more right in what you said. Problem is, Vince is a control freak. We've been hearing about that for ages. That's one reason why Heyman left ECW and the brand now isn't doing anything to speak of in the ratings. So why should we be suprrised he is ruining WWE Films by putting his nose in where it doesn't belong? Maybe one day he will get a clue and let the scriptwriters and production team do their thing...but I am damn sure not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 12:14 pm

StuffOfLegends wrote:
Source: Rajah.com

"The latest issue of Power Wrestling - a German wrestling magazine - features Mr. Kennedy on the cover, who is interviewed for the magazine. Kennedy says that he has signed a contract with WWE Films to appear in one of their movies. He says that shooting for the movie starts this month, and it will be shot in Puerto Rico. He also notes that it will be an action movie. WWE Films is currently shooting "Twelve Rounds", starring John Cena."

UPDATE:

-- Mr. Kennedy is currently shooting a straight-to-DVD action movie "Behind Enemy Lines III". The film is based on the 2001 movie starring Owen Wilson and Gene Hackman.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008/articles/1206373807.php

So now we know what the movie is about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film   Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr. Kennedy To Star In WWE Film
Page 1 of 1