chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired

Go down 
+4
C-Makaveli
stl311
ladymahogany
TheWalkingDead
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

Male Number of posts : 3268
Registration date : 2007-06-18

WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Empty
PostSubject: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:12 am

The WWE Cruiserweight Championship has been officially retired. On the WWE.com title history page, they recently moved the WWE Cruiserweight title from the listing grouping the active WWE titles, to the listing grouping defunct championship titles such as the Hardcore Championship, the European belt and the Light Heavyweight Championship. Back in September, Acting General Manager Vickie Guerrero forced Hornswoggle to surrender the Cruiserweight Championship, citing that his status as Mr. McMahon's son and his diminutive stature would eventually jeopardize his well-being.
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:25 am

It really sucks that Hornswoggle was the last person to have the title, but I guess that had to retire it. It just doesn't mean anything anymore.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:40 am

That throws the shows titles outta whack...they should bring back the European Title now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
C-Makaveli

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:21 pm

I was a huge fan of the European Title , but with the I.C And US Title on Raw & Smackdown , it would make more sense if they brought back the Hardcore Title and put it on ECW
Back to top Go down
http://WWE.com
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:35 pm

I think this is a real shame. I know that the Cruiserweight Title has barely any importance or prestigue after Hornsowggle's reign but I see a lot of potential in the division. Guys like Jimmy Wang Yang, Super Crazy and Shannon Moore just seem to be floating round doing nothing of importance. The cruiserweight division wasn't given enough time, matches were usually rushed seven minutes at the max and didn't give the wrestlers enough time to show what they could really do. WWE should sign up a load of crazy aerial guys from the indy circuit, promote Matt Sydal and bring back the CW Title. Of course the fans won't care for these new guys at first, but they will get themselves over with their amazing moves, providing that WWE doesn't alter their moveset. But in reality, this isn't going to happen, RKO93 is right, Helms will probably fight for the ECW Title or just wander through generic feuds on Smackdown. The CW could of been a major part of Smackdown if done properly, like the X-Division was to TNA. The cruiserweights will not move onto bigger and better things, they will just become jobbers to guys like Batista or form tag teams that then job to Deuce 'N' Domino. Now we can all look forward to slow matches all involving jacked up muscle men.
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:09 pm

I hate how the belt went out. Even if they kept it on there limited choice of wrestlers like Jimmy, Shannon, Jamie, Gregory Helms, or Chavo. But it ended on Hornswaggle? What a terrible way for a belt to go out.
Back to top Go down
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

Male Number of posts : 3268
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:25 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
RKO93 is right.

Who is RKO93?
Back to top Go down
CMHL_Is_Legend
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
CMHL_Is_Legend

Male Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:29 pm

a guy on another forum
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Oh damn, I copy and pasted my opinion on another forum onto here Oh no point in making the same post twice, forgetting to get rid of RKO93's name lol.
Back to top Go down
DXANDHARDY
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
DXANDHARDY

Male Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:00 pm

They should bring back the European and Hardcore titles and send them to Sd and ECW that would be cool. And on the CW title i think that sucks and i cant belive that they would do that to all the Cruiserweights so all i can say is good by to High flying Hello to A bunch of roid users with big mucles doing the same power slam moves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired   WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE Cruiserweight Title Retired
Page 1 of 1