chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar

Go down 
+11
Y2J X
Inah
Joshua.2009
Ex-Mattitude Follower
IAmRuffles[Original]
Bolty B
Sykesy
TheWittyTwit
stl311
Bek
TheWalkingDead
15 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

Male Number of posts : 3268
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:02 pm

The following is from WWE.com:

Lance Cade released
Written: October 14, 2008

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Lance Cade as of October 14, 2008. WWE wishes Lance the best in all future endeavors.

______

I thought he was going to get a singles push. Shocked
Back to top Go down
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:05 pm

More News:

As Richard reported earlier, WWE has announced the release of RAW superstar Lance Cade. Cade had been a big part of one of the company's top feuds in recent months (Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho). His interference helped Chris Jericho retain the WWE title in their ladder match at the No Mercy PPV earlier this month. The next night on RAW, Michaels defeated Cade and destroyed him with a steel chair after the match in what turned out to be Cade's final WWE TV appearance. It's interesting to note that Cade was scheduled for several upcoming house show cards at the time of his release.
Back to top Go down
Bek
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Bek

Female Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:17 pm

What the hell!?

I thought he was getting a big push Neutral apparently not....
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:39 pm

Garrison Cade vs Trevor Murdock...

NWA, you better be watching.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:42 pm

This makes absolutely zero sense to me. Why incorporate a superstar into a storyline that has been headlining your show for several months, and then just release him suddenly? I actually was starting to like him too (his finisher is impressive).
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:55 am

Cade = TNA...Its possible. i mean he could probably get a great push there seeming he was in a main event storyline. Anyway im pretty pissed to see him leave WWe. he was going great as a singles competitor
Back to top Go down
Bolty B
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Bolty B

Male Number of posts : 1889
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:19 am

WWE continues to boggle the mind...
Back to top Go down
IAmRuffles[Original]
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
IAmRuffles[Original]

Male Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:32 am

Erm i don't think they released him because like they didn't like him i think its because maybe he broke the wellness policy or something. But still it boggles me
Back to top Go down
http://www.WWE.com
Bek
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Bek

Female Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:58 am

That's exactly what I was thinking actually, Ruffles. It just seems so random, so I'm guessing it wasn't planned or anything
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:01 am

Strange. It's gotta be to do with drugs because Lance Cade was getting a massive push and doing pretty well for himself too. I felt he played a decent part in the Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels feud and was really progressing as a wrestler. He could be an upper card guy in TNA now though which is cool. I can see him with Money Inc.
Back to top Go down
Joshua.2009
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Joshua.2009

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:18 am

That's my thoughts, He pissed someone off.
Back to top Go down
Http://WWW.WWE.COM
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:33 am

This is really shocking news. For someone who is a big part of one of the best, if not the best feud at the moment, just suddenly gets released, it makes one think what could he have done. Probably breaking the Wellness Policy, but if he did, shouldn't wrestling news sites have reported that by now? It really is odd because news sites would usually be predicting the reason as to why he's released now.
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:51 am

This doesn't sound like a Wellness Policy violation to me. They usually bring attention to it. I would have to guess a serious no-show, or something of the sort. The release was announced on Tuesday, so it's possible he no-showed Raw Monday night.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:16 am

TheWittyTwit wrote:
This doesn't sound like a Wellness Policy violation to me. They usually bring attention to it. I would have to guess a serious no-show, or something of the sort. The release was announced on Tuesday, so it's possible he no-showed Raw Monday night.

That's what I was thinking of as well. They usually say if a wrestler has violated the Wellness Policy and in Lance Cade's case, they did not. I'm actually thinking he fought with someone or something of that sort.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Inah wrote:
TheWittyTwit wrote:

That's what I was thinking of as well. They usually say if a wrestler has violated the Wellness Policy and in Lance Cade's case, they did not. I'm actually thinking he fought with someone or something of that sort.

If he got released for breaking the wellness policy than, he must of gotten suspended twice before, which I don't think he did. Remember, the punishements for breaking the wellness policy are this...

1st 30 day suspensing
2nd 60 day suspening
3rd Release

Fill me in on the two other times he got suspended since the wellness policy was put it, untill that theory is full of crap! He either got in a fight with someone or a no show.

Last edited by Y2J X on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2627
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:41 pm

Cade never broke the Wellness Policy. The only notable incident he was involved in led to the release of Cryme Tyme last year during their feud with he & Murdoch.

This has to be something that happened with somebody with power in the WWE locker room. You're not prominently pushed in the best storyline in the promotion at the moment, beating your teacher and mentor 2 weeks ago on RAW and then, getting the boot. Nothing to me indicates that it had anything to do with no-shows or wellness policy violations.

Or he did the thing you can't do: no-show your random drug test lol
Back to top Go down
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:21 pm

Update:

In Jim Ross' latest blog, he somewhat explains why Lance Cade was abruptly let go from WWE this week. According to Ross, it was a disciplinary measure following a bad case of judgment, with concluded with an incident on an airplane.

His release from the company was not due to his performance, most notably, in a tag match with DX on Raw a few weeks ago. Ross wrote: "The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many punhdits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability." In case you missed it, there was a spot at the end of the match in which Shawn Michaels delivered the SuperKick to Cade. He was supposed to stand wobbly on his feet to run into a Pedigree from Triple H, but fell down instead. Audibly, Triple H told him to get up so he could deliver the move.

Ross doesn't go into detail, only to note that Cade made a bad decision. Following Cade's bad case of judgment, he ended up having a seizure on the plane, which required emergency medical care. Luckily for Cade, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and helped him get taken to the hospital. Doctors performed a number of tests on him and determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with him.

Following the incident, Ross felt that WWE had no choice but to let Cade go. Ross appears to imply that the seizure was due to Cade's "bad judgment."

Ross wrote: "Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation."
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:32 pm

What did he do though? Did he drink himself into having a seizure. They never really explain it's his fault. Oh well by Cade, you won't be missed much.
Back to top Go down
Joshua.2009
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Joshua.2009

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:39 pm

I am thinking it drugs... that's all I can come up with...
Back to top Go down
Http://WWW.WWE.COM
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:46 pm

StuffOfLegends wrote:
What did he do though? Did he drink himself into having a seizure. They never really explain it's his fault. Oh well by Cade, you won't be missed much.

I was slowly starting to take a liking to him (although I thought he and Murdoch had killer chemistry as a tag team).

SoL and Joshua are probably right though, it has to be a case of either drugs or alcohol.
Back to top Go down
TheWalkingDead
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheWalkingDead

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Update:

Jim Ross is back with another blog from his official website, which can be read here in its entirety. Ross talks about a number of topics this week but the most newsworthy piece was Ross giving new details on Lance Cade's WWE release. Here's what Ross said:

Lance Cade had his WWE contract terminated a few days ago which completely caught me off guard. As I wrote a few days ago, I was and still am a fan of Lance's and was shocked when I heard news of his dismissal. I feel confident that Lance will rebound from this misstep and find the success that many feel he deserves. Nonetheless, for some to compare Lance's incident where he had a seizure on an airplane that necessitated an emergency trip to a hospital with Jeff Hardy being asked to leave a plane because it was perceived that he was allegedly intoxicated seems like a stretch to me. Neither individual was on the right side of the equation of their respective issues but Lance, unfortunately, came too close for comfort by incurring a life threatening seizure and put the WWE in a position to make a really tough call. Could this matter have been handled better? I have no idea as I was not in the loop, thankfully, but I do feel that at some point in the future, and this is simply my opinion, after enough water has gone under the bridge that both parties could well do business again with each other.
Back to top Go down
CMHL_Is_Legend
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
CMHL_Is_Legend

Male Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:20 am

Plainly I just think he pissed someone off
Back to top Go down
CMHL_Is_Legend
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
CMHL_Is_Legend

Male Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:26 am

Sorry for the doublepost but read this

Lance Cade had his WWE contract terminated a few days ago which completely caught me off guard. As I wrote a few days ago, I was and still am a fan of Lance's and was shocked when I heard news of his dismissal. I feel confident that Lance will rebound from this misstep and find the success that many feel he deserves. Nonetheless, for some to compare Lance's incident where he had a seizure on an airplane that necessitated an emergency trip to a hospital with Jeff Hardy being asked to leave a plane because it was perceived that he was allegedly intoxicated seems like a stretch to me. Neither individual was on the right side of the equation of their respective issues but Lance, unfortunately, came too close for comfort by incurring a life threatening seizure and put the WWE in a position to make a really tough call. Could this matter have been handled better? I have no idea as I was not in the loop, thankfully, but I do feel that at some point in the future, and this is simply my opinion, after enough water has gone under the bridge that both parties could well do business again with each other

-Rajah
Back to top Go down
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend
ladymahogany

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:53 am

Bills Maniac CMHL wrote:
Sorry for the doublepost but read this

Lance Cade had his WWE contract terminated a few days ago which completely caught me off guard. As I wrote a few days ago, I was and still am a fan of Lance's and was shocked when I heard news of his dismissal. I feel confident that Lance will rebound from this misstep and find the success that many feel he deserves. Nonetheless, for some to compare Lance's incident where he had a seizure on an airplane that necessitated an emergency trip to a hospital with Jeff Hardy being asked to leave a plane because it was perceived that he was allegedly intoxicated seems like a stretch to me. Neither individual was on the right side of the equation of their respective issues but Lance, unfortunately, came too close for comfort by incurring a life threatening seizure and put the WWE in a position to make a really tough call. Could this matter have been handled better? I have no idea as I was not in the loop, thankfully, but I do feel that at some point in the future, and this is simply my opinion, after enough water has gone under the bridge that both parties could well do business again with each other

-Rajah

This is already posted like 2 posts above yours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar   Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar
Page 1 of 1