chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Austin or The Rock to host Raw?

Go down 
+3
Y2J X
Lionheat
Concrete Jesus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Empty
PostSubject: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:13 pm

Quote :
PWTorch.com Newsletter

– At press time, while WWE sources are fairly confident that the company would be able to book “Stone Cold” Steve Austin as a RAW guest host during his Hollywood downtime, they are not so certain about Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, who remains committed to distancing himself from WWE as part of his A-list Hollywood career.

In any event, while WWE is always interested in featuring names like Austin and The Rock on its programs, it remains unclear how interested the company would be in booking them for one-and-out appearances on RAW. WWE has several celebrities potentially lined up who are either wrestling fans or recognizable names with something to plug, so many feel the wrestling star power of big names like Rock and Austin would better be utilized in spiking a pay-per-view buyrate.

We know that Austin would do it if he has time, but The Rock has turned his back on the WWE and the fans. The Rock” Johnson, who remains committed to distancing himself from WWE as part of his A-list Hollywood career.
Back to top Go down
Lionheat
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student
Lionheat

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:15 am

Care to explain to me how The Rock has turned his back on WWE fans?

But before you do, let me ask you this which is a comparable situation. If a coach whom went by the name of David McGuire coached you up when you were about 11, 12 years old. Soon, you became a huge hit in the NFL, NHL, NBA, whatever, would you go back, look for his house, and thank him each 30 days?

I doubt you would, which is the same situation as of now. The Rock has moved on; the fans who think he has turned his back on them haven't.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:23 am

The Rock has not been on Raw in like 5 years and he could barely pull himself away from a Disney movie to enduct his family into the HOF. I am not saying that the Rock should show up on Raw 6 times a year, but he could make an apperance sometime in the decade. Would I go and thank the coach for what he did for me and the oppurtunity he gave me, yes I would and I would not completely ignore the people that helped him along the way. Do you think it would have been easy for Rock to get into movies if he wasn't a huge WWE star first? No way.

Austin does movies now, just not Disney movies.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:14 am

Even though Disney is crap why does it matter? Why mention that Austin does movies and they say just not Disney movies. Anywho, Rock hasn't turned his back on WWE hes simply moved on. Big difference. I personally, don't want to see either of them host Raw.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:24 am

Y2J X wrote:
Even though Disney is crap why does it matter? Why mention that Austin does movies and they say just not Disney movies. Anywho, Rock hasn't turned his back on WWE hes simply moved on. Big difference. I personally, don't want to see either of them host Raw.

I mentioned the Disney movies because that is why The Rock has distanced himself from wrestling and the fans that made him rich. The Rock has been on Hanna Montana more times in the past 4 years then has done anything with the WWE.
I will tell you this though, the Rock hosting Raw would get huge ratings.
Back to top Go down
Lionheat
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student
Lionheat

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:30 am

So the fans wrote his promos, talked his promos, and wrestled his matches?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:40 am

Lionheat wrote:

No, the fans watched his promos, beleived in his promos, and payed for PPV's that he was on and bought Rock merch. I'll bet he is still seeing WWE royalty checks.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:59 am

Does anyone know if Freddy Prince is still part of the creative team? Long time ago I remember hearing he was hired, so unless he's guest hosted already, maybe he's one of the guys lined up.

Back to the thread, I'd probably rather see Austin. Like in terms of on-air personality, Austin is more of the in-your-face "I like to screw with you" type guy, which is more fun for a host that makes matches.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:15 am

babaganoosh wrote:
Does anyone know if Freddy Prince is still part of the creative team? Long time ago I remember hearing he was hired, so unless he's guest hosted already, maybe he's one of the guys lined up.

Back to the thread, I'd probably rather see Austin. Like in terms of on-air personality, Austin is more of the in-your-face "I like to screw with you" type guy, which is more fun for a host that makes matches.

Prince is going to be on season 8 of 24
Back to top Go down
Lionheat
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student
Lionheat

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:47 am

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Lionheat wrote:

No, the fans watched his promos, beleived in his promos, and payed for PPV's that he was on and bought Rock merch. I'll bet he is still seeing WWE royalty checks.
You don't understand what I'm trying to say.

Yes, the fans looked at what The Rock produced; but by no means did the fans "make" The Rock. The fans didn't help out Rocky with his promos or anything; heck, when he started off, they were chanting "Die Rocky, Die!". The Rock and his momma made The Rock, not the fans.
Back to top Go down
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Tiff

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:54 am

I would seriously mark out if The Rock came back, even if it were only to host Raw for one week.. but I still don't see it happening.

Stone Cold on the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if he does end up hosting. It'd be pretty cool to see him back again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwe.com
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
TheRealFan

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:29 am

I'd love to see the Rock host Raw, if would be really entertaining and I agree with what Lionheat said about him turning his back on fans.

Stone Cold, on the other hand, I've never been a fan, and now his appearances are always the same. What he'd do would be really predictable.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Quote :
WWE officials have reached out to seven-time WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus to guest host the September 14th edition of Monday Night Raw. The flagship show will hail from the Air Canada Centre in her hometown of Toronto.

No word yet if she's accepted the offer or not.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:21 pm

^^She'll be back for that if its at the ACC.
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady
StuffOfLegends

Male Number of posts : 2941
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Lionheat wrote:
Yes, the fans looked at what The Rock produced; but by no means did the fans "make" The Rock. The fans didn't help out Rocky with his promos or anything; heck, when he started off, they were chanting "Die Rocky, Die!". The Rock and his momma made The Rock, not the fans.

The fans made The Rock for the reason you stated above. They didn't like Rocky Johnson. They chanted Die Rocky, Die! Forcing him to switch gimmicks. Comes back. What happens next? The fans cheer for him. They spend tons of money buying his crap. I still got an elbow pad around somewhere. We bought the PPV's. Hell it was wrestling fans that attended his first few movies. Even when he came back as a heel against Goldberg the fans still supported him. Without wrestling fans Johnson WOULD NOT be where he is today. And that is Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place. The fact that he doesn't take the time to appear every once in a while simply implies that this is how The Rock feels.

Disney Channel shows > Wrestling shows

Wrestling isn't like other sports or entertainment shows. The Rock turned his back on wrestling although it created his career. The Rock wouldn't have been invited to Witches of Waverly Place to meet Selena Gomez if it wasn't for the fans.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:12 pm

StuffOfLegends wrote:
Lionheat wrote:

The fans made The Rock for the reason you stated above. They didn't like Rocky Johnson. They chanted Die Rocky, Die! Forcing him to switch gimmicks. Comes back. What happens next? The fans cheer for him. They spend tons of money buying his crap. I still got an elbow pad around somewhere. We bought the PPV's. Hell it was wrestling fans that attended his first few movies. Even when he came back as a heel against Goldberg the fans still supported him. Without wrestling fans Johnson WOULD NOT be where he is today. And that is Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place. The fact that he doesn't take the time to appear every once in a while simply implies that this is how The Rock feels.

Disney Channel shows > Wrestling shows

Wrestling isn't like other sports or entertainment shows. The Rock turned his back on wrestling although it created his career. The Rock wouldn't have been invited to Witches of Waverly Place to meet Selena Gomez if it wasn't for the fans.

Exactly. Any fan reaction, heel heat, or face pop is important. If he didn't get any reaction at all, he would not have become a WWE Icon period. You also made a great point about WWE fans going to see his first few movies. The target audienc for The Scorpion King, The Rundown, and Walking Tall was WWE fans. He sure as hell didn't have a problem with the WWE promoting his first few movies and they were not WWE Films, so they really didn't have to do it. Then Johnson signs a mulit-picture deal with Disney and the WWE doesn't exsisti anymore. Even though the Rock has turned his back on the WWE, fans would go crazy if he came to host Raw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austin or The Rock to host Raw?   Austin or The Rock to host Raw? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Austin or The Rock to host Raw?
Page 1 of 1