chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post your suggestions thread.

Go down 
+17
Mr. Tambourine Man
Concrete Jesus
Y2J X
Kayla
Straight-Edge Zach
Inah
babaganoosh
Bastard
Sykesy
Guilha
Ryan Black
Affliction
WLW4Lyfe
IAmRuffles[Original]
DivineComedy.
Ex-Mattitude Follower
stl311
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:24 am

stl311 wrote:
Alrighty than. Let's look into these ideas eh?

First off, Mod Evaluation. This would be a great idea. Well with exception to one thing, and that is simply even if the mods are doing a shit job we do not have anyone who could replace them. Basically CJ was a stretch just because he hadn't been here a whole lot I don't think, but he proved to be a worthy mod. Everyone else right now (Inah and SOL) have left modship due to scheduling conflicts, and Sykesy, Zach, and Affliction failed their junior modship thus they pretty much proved they weren't ready.

I don't think this was suggested for the simple fact of axing moderators. From what I have gathered, this is so moderators: you and CJ, could improve yourselves if you have done a mistake; Guilha did say "I think it could make the Mods work better", and if you think about it, it's not like Alex or baba would remove one of you from the staff if you've done one mistake in a month. I think they would only axe a CJ or yourself if you don't do anything about their evaluation, providing it's a bad one.

Quote :
Second off- Yes, I was counting Junior Modship. Its a mod position, thus it will be counted. You can say you all did this or you all did that, and Zach WAS a mod over another board outside the fed (which one I don't remember) and it basically got ignored. Had you guys actually done your jobs then basically you wouldn't of gotten the unanimous vote on axing you from your positions.

But weren't Zach, Sykesy and Affy already moderating certain parts of the forum when the Junior Mod system was introduced? It's not as if they were that official anyway; to quote Alex: "I'm not sure whether or not to give them colour at this stage as I generally like to hold that back for the top ranked positions.", so they weren't high ranked; I think the Junior Mod system was just a trial, as Alex himself wasn't sure of it.

Quote :
Third off- Affy's tirade. Whatever, you seriously expect a response from me? This isn't the feud, I don't have a wisecrack for you to cry about. I've not said one fucking thing that's not been true so get off my ass.

<3

Quote :
Fourth- This whole staff vs staff, or this whole STL does this or does that thing is getting old. Quickly.

Then maybe you should see why people are thinking something's wrong. It's not just Affy thinking this now, I think if there are people, other than Affy, thinking there is something wrong, then maybe that's the case? I don't know.

Quote :
Who rewrote the rules for this site?

From what I can recall, did you not re-write the rules when Alex was contemplating on your mod position? You re-wrote that and did other things, such as promising a CGS website to save your job, which, you did a great job in.

Quote :
Who cleans up the spam most of the time when it happens?

It's a matter of who's online when someone spams the website. What kind of a moderator would not clean up the site whenever we get spammed if they're online?

Quote :
Who has been equally involved in where CGS is as anyone else?

This is obviously you, and no one is taking that away from you, but must you gloat on everything you've done for the site when, quite frankly, it is your job to do so?

Quote :
Yeah, my methods may be questionable, you may not agree with them. But it works. I'm not going to tickle someone's balls when they need a firm kick in the ass. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Yeah, it does try Alex at times. But do you think he doesn't know it works? He knows when he needs someone to be real with someone and get in their shit than I'll do it no questions asked.

Can you actually say it works when people are having problems with it? You have been a great mod, no doubt about that, but how you act sometimes does make one think if you still deserve your spot, but who are we to judge? We're not admins, but at the end of the day, we're still members of the site voicing our opinions.

Quote :
I walk a thin line between what is the rules and what isn't the rules. A very thin line. If some of the things I say get under your skin, or if you just flat out don't like me than that is more than fine by me. Because as long as what I'm doing is working to the extent that it is working than I'll keep doing it. The day it no longer works, or it is no longer deemed effective than I'll stop.

It's not that I don't like you, as a matter of fact, I do. But is there a rule saying you should always annoy people and make them think you're not very worthy of your job anymore?

Quote :
That being said, I've got full permission to issue warnings and lock threads at my choice. However, Alex and Baba both have the rights to overrule any choice I make. Every single time I've made a call they stuck by it, so for the most part they agree.

You do have full permission to issue warnings as you please, but when you threaten to issue a warning on a guy that the forum is aware of, that you don't like, then that is a problem. It's true that Alex and baba can override them, and maybe they don't because they think it's alright for you to do so, then I guess that's fine. They do run the site after all.

Quote :
As far as those whom are calling me a shitty mod, than I'll simply say this.

Put up or shut up.

You're always saying you have the right to speak out, because you live in a free country. So why exactly are you telling people to shut up? Are we not supposed to say anything now if we disagree, or not like something that is being done in the forum? Do we not have the right to question you now, because you're a mod, who has powers, and we don't? If that's the case now, then I do wonder why people still come in this forum.

Quote :
The staff is open to having certain junior mods again, and if you think you can do it then send in an application and you may get accepted. But if you don't do your job, or do a not so good job at doing your job you'll get the axe.

This does include asking a mod to delete spam in your section and taking extended periods of leave.

This is good for the staff, and I hope it works out this time.

Quote :
I think we're good here, have a great day.

I hope you have a great day too, Seth. Smile

- - -

Oh, and as for Guilha's suggestion, I think it's one of the best suggestions CGS has in a while. Not only will it benefit the staff, but it would benefit the forum as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:17 am

Guilha's idea is an excellent idea and as Inah started will really help out the mods and forum. It will also help out aspiring mod's seeming they can look at how a certain mod has been reviewed and add that into there line of posting and enforcing rules on a forum.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:04 am

Quote :
You're always saying you have the right to speak out, because you live in a free country. So why exactly are you telling people to shut up? Are we not supposed to say anything now if we disagree, or not like something that is being done in the forum? Do we not have the right to question you now, because you're a mod, who has powers, and we don't? If that's the case now, then I do wonder why people still come in this forum.

That was more along the lines of simply saying, "if you can do a better job than send in an application, if you can't then quit bitching."

Very Happy

Quote :
yeah, well, so did Hitler's ...

not saying you arent right about certain aspects and that your methods dont work, but sometimes they're too much and create a bad environment ... for example, Affy told me on MSN he's pondering to leave CGS ... i know it's also his fault with all the arguing but one part doesnt argue alone, i guess, and you being Mod shouldn't really be involved in such things, or at least not in such a big scale ..

You're comparing me to a homicidal maniac who had killed thousands of people based on religion and the way they looked all because he had a self hatred for himself?

Dude, I've told Affy this time and time again. I don't have a problem with him, or anyone else on this forum. Its all in the past, and before I get that whole "you said Affy could be molested" thing in the religion thread. Well that was just a fucking fact, it happened, it was in the news, the probablity was higher there than anywhere else.

Also let it be noted that I made a BLOW UP joke about MVP's Muslim faith.

I may have questionable tactics, but comparing me to Hitler over an internet forum?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecw.com
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Male Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:13 am

stl311 wrote:
Quote :

That was more along the lines of simply saying, "if you can do a better job than send in an application, if you can't then quit bitching."

Very Happy

Quote :
yeah, well, so did Hitler's ...

not saying you arent right about certain aspects and that your methods dont work, but sometimes they're too much and create a bad environment ... for example, Affy told me on MSN he's pondering to leave CGS ... i know it's also his fault with all the arguing but one part doesnt argue alone, i guess, and you being Mod shouldn't really be involved in such things, or at least not in such a big scale ..

You're comparing me to a homicidal maniac who had killed thousands of people based on religion and the way they looked all because he had a self hatred for himself?

(...)

I may have questionable tactics, but comparing me to Hitler over an internet forum?

I didnt compare you to Hitler ... you claimed your tactics worked despite being disliked, so i'm assuming you think you're doing a good job, right? .. i just said that Hitler's tactics were also disliked but worked ...... what i mean is that regardless if your tactics result or not, they might not be the most correct ... that's all ...
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:47 am

Babz, we can check to see what mod work has been done lately by going to General, then Security and then Moderation. It gives a list of all posts deleted, topics moved, topics locked, members banned etc etc. It was what I used to decide to demote TheRealFan as I saw very little had been done in the mod logs by her.

Just for the record, in the past two weeks, CJ has made one mod action [although take into consideration one of his primary concerns is the posting of wrestling topics and news], Seth has made zero mod actions, babz has made around twenty mod actions [the vast majority being in the vBookie section] and I have made eight mod actions.

Guilha's idea will be used each month to evaluate mod's performances. Mods will be allowed further months to try and change their workrate although obviously this isn't all we will go on as it's not the mods fault if someone else has sorted it out already while they were offline.
Back to top Go down
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
Guilha

Male Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:49 am

i'm happy my idea got an approval with much support and i hope it's for the best of CGS Wink

thanks, and i'll try to keep helping =]
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4534
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Whatever happened to Guilha's suggestion?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:

Just for the record, in the past two weeks, CJ has made one mod action [although take into consideration one of his primary concerns is the posting of wrestling topics and news], Seth has made zero mod actions, babz has made around twenty mod actions [the vast majority being in the vBookie section] and I have made eight mod actions.

There has not been much of anything to mod in the wrestling section. I don't really do much outside of the wrestling section. I think people have kept the wrestling section in order and that is what I wanted to see happen. There has been a bunch of threads with the same info and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
Ex-Mattitude Follower

Male Number of posts : 4927
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:18 pm

^^ Yeah, I wasn't saying you did a bad job as I consider your topic posting to be great as it creates more discussion for the site. I was just stating the facts as there was a demand for them.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Male Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:16 pm

I gather the e-fed is a big hit on this site, so obviously people love writing promos, matches, and storyline, therefore I propose we try out this new concept I came across on another site recently which is a fantasy fiction league.

Basically the way it works is say you're in the mood to write fantasy wrestling, so you lay out an open challenge for someone, with clearly defined rules.

Ex: John Cena and R-Truth are feuding, write a rap battle segment involving the two.
Ex: Re-do the first six months of ECW on Sci-Fi
Ex: Write out Hornswoggle vs. Awesome Kong

Then someone will judge both individuals work and decide who did a better job.
Back to top Go down
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
DivineComedy.

Male Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:23 pm

While thats a good concept you can't just change the efed style. Efeds are (in some sense) a universal thing, ansd the style used here is one that is predominant in usage. There are more then thousands of feds that use the style CGS is using, so using a new stlye found from somewhere that isn't even an efed isn't all that wise.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:52 pm

I wasn't implying this be a replacement for the e-fed. This is a totally separate thing.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:16 pm

Didn't we try that once Mike? It worked well if I remember correctly, we had people make out cards and faced other peoples cards?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
^^ Yeah, I wasn't saying you did a bad job as I consider your topic posting to be great as it creates more discussion for the site. I was just stating the facts as there was a demand for them.

After CJ layed down the law, stuff started to change around here. Yes, I sometimes refer to myself in the third person Very Happy
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Inah wrote:
Good question...Zach you still up for it?
Back to top Go down
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Straight-Edge Zach

Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
Inah wrote:
Good question...Zach you still up for it?

Yeah...Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:21 pm

stl311 wrote:
Didn't we try that once Mike? It worked well if I remember correctly, we had people make out cards and faced other peoples cards?

that was cards, this is more promo writing, long term booking, or match writing. Although dream cards could play a part in it.

Also the dream card game was a tournament then it was finished. This could be a weekly league.
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 pm

That was fun though, but it sounds like a BTB thing, which could be fun.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Who post the most topics? We always talk about post count, but that can be run up by posting in the babes thread, what are you listening to, and what have you.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:36 pm

yeah, More like a sub P10 thing. I like it.

Like on the P10 each week we could have both. I think that is pretty sweet of an idea CJ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:16 pm

I know the OWW users know of these two boards but the discussion that goes in these boards are intense. Seriously, they would be great for the forum.

They are called All-Time and What If.

You post topics like 'All-Time: Greatest Heel Turn' or 'All-Time: Greatest Wrestlemania'

What If topics would be like 'What If Jeff Hardy never won the WWE Title' and 'What If Bret Hart did not receive his career ending injury'

Sooo many topics could be made. I think you guys get the idea.

Anyway, Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Who post the most topics? We always talk about post count, but that can be run up by posting in the babes thread, what are you listening to, and what have you.
Only problem is that there's no way of finding out who made the most topics in any given week. Only the number of threads made altogether (i.e. during the entire existance of CGS) is available. So that really won't change on a week to week basis since you have someone like OP who hasn't posted in several months really in third place still. If it interests the users here, I could just post that as a 1-off special, but it doesn't make sense to post the list every week.

Sykesy wrote:

I'm not too high on the "All-Time" idea because we've probably already got most of those topics floating around. I think those would be better if just seperate threads were made here and there. Also, as time goes on, those lists will probably continue to change, so then you'll either see threads being bumped here and there or duplicate topics being made all the time.

The "What If" idea seems pretty good because you can pretty much make new topics if you wanted after every show and whatnot. It seems like a section with more room to grow and won't be inactive for long periods of time.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:48 pm

babaganoosh wrote:

Sykesy wrote:

I'm not too high on the "All-Time" idea because we've probably already got most of those topics floating around. I think those would be better if just seperate threads were made here and there. Also, as time goes on, those lists will probably continue to change, so then you'll either see threads being bumped here and there or duplicate topics being made all the time.

The "What If" idea seems pretty good because you can pretty much make new topics if you wanted after every show and whatnot. It seems like a section with more room to grow and won't be inactive for long periods of time.

Fair enough But I know people hate me mentioning it but this is where it is from. but on OWW, There is a strict criteria followed with topic titles. Simply like this.

'All-Time: Greatest IC Championship reign on the nineties'.

So then when a new topic is made and a user or Mod feels they have seen it or something similar before, They can search for it quite easily without going through every page.

Also this search function works for bumping threads, Usually someone really active in the board will bump the topic.Say its something like 'All-Time: Greatest high flyers in Smokey Mountain Wrestling'. Someone will re-bump it if his opinions change.

Also, When I was active on OWW. All-Time was my main board. What I tended to do was just go page through page looking at interesting topics so threads were usually always active and discussion was amazing.

To me I feel at the start of this board, only myself, CJ, Y2J X, You and the occasional user here and there will be active in it. But once threads start getting popular I expect a massive increase in posting.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Sorry for the double post but I'd like to also get a mod's perspective on this. Preferably CJ seeming he is the main wrestling poster but STL's opinion is always welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
stl311

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:25 pm

babaganoosh wrote:

I wouldn't be opposed to doing subforums inside TNA and the WWE threads where it had those forums, but adding another section would really be a headache to look through.

I say we add in the all-time for sub-forums, make what if a new forum topic, then allow Sykesy and CJ to mod those areas and see how it works, worst case scenario we can always take them away.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:56 pm

stl311 wrote:

I wouldn't be opposed to doing subforums inside TNA and the WWE threads where it had those forums, but adding another section would really be a headache to look through.

I say we add in the all-time for sub-forums, make what if a new forum topic, then allow Sykesy and CJ to mod those areas and see how it works, worst case scenario we can always take them away.

If they were to be sub forum's they would most likely go in Other Wrestling STL, Seeming they cover all brands usually.

Also, I don't get what you mean by a headache looking through new boards. STL, At the moment we have Wrestling News, WWE, TNA and Other Wrestling as current wrestling boards. Now in the past month the discussion on these boards (Maybe not other wrestling to such an extent) has been the best since the resurrection of CGS. If we make sub boards, It will have a slight effect but no where near as good as if we make them there separate boards. Another two boards IMO is a great idea for the site, Sub Boards are okay but would not be as well utilized as two seperate boards.

Now a thread for What If? is not a good idea. It would be a single topic while trying to jam pack 50 or so what if questions. It would be horror.

What If? will be as popular as All-Time if you ask me so I do not see why it should only be a single thread.

Thanks for your thoughts though STL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your suggestions thread.   Post your suggestions thread. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your suggestions thread.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next