chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Thoughts on NXT, August 3rd

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

My Thoughts on NXT, August 3rd Empty
PostSubject: My Thoughts on NXT, August 3rd   My Thoughts on NXT, August 3rd Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:01 am

Okay, for those who don't know, which is probably the majority of you, I consider NXT my favorite show of WWE programming. I forget Superstars even exsists. Smackdown lacks star power, and I didn't think that would play too much of role for me, but oddly enough it does. Otherwise it's normally great. Raw's been getting much better and is challenging NXT. Anyways, so I decided to review every NXT, especially since this season will probably be the last I'll watch. Basically, I'm just going to wing these, and rant. So, let's start...

The show starts off with the most retarded thing I've ever seen on NXT, a kissing contest. My first thoughts were what the fuck, and how is this even slightly relevant to wrestling? Actually, LayCool admitted that this has nothing to do with anything, they just want to kiss them. Which was bull because they end up kissing some fat girl because LayCool are bitches. I loved that Hennig, had the disgust look even before they brought Margarita. Like he didn't want to kiss LayCool, which I can see. In the case of Michelle, I can agree with. I hated this so damn much. I was really hoping someone would be like, "Hell no!" and not kiss, just like leave. Closest I got was Watson, who had to be pushed into the girls lips. Anyways, Kaval is the luckiest, as he gets kissed, big time, by Layla. Not a bad trade off, I'd kiss Margarite if it means I get to kiss Layla. I'd rather kiss Margarita first, because I'd want Layla to be the last thing on my lips. The most disturbing thing for me, was what Cole said when Riley starts kissing her. He says, "Miz has taught him right!", does he realize what he's implying. I was disgusted that Cole assumes the Miz taught Riley how to kiss. When I think of someone teaching someone how to kiss, I go to the lesbian kiss in Cruel Intentions. First time Cole actually scared me. Lucky Cannon wins, and it was worthless as the prize was Cooties. Pissed me off but I knew there was going to be no award. Hell, I knew Cannon was going to win. So, it was retarded, pointless, awful, creepy, and predictable.

After that trainwreck, we get Kaval vs. Harris. Husky is one of the worst NXT rookies, I don't get why everyone is so high on him. Cena, Austin, JR, practically everyone has kissed his ass. He is medicore at best, so I was really rooting for Kaval here. Kaval's offense is great, I loved when he was on his shoulders, jumped off his shoulders, and planted a dropkick on him. Kaval is probably my favorite "rookie" on NXT, and that's counting Danielson. Harris hits one good move during the entire match, that did really impress me. He grabbed Kaval in mid-air, who was going for a plancha, and he powerslams Kaval into the barricade. Pretty good match, but I really wish they stopped jobbing Kaval. I don't get why they are, I actually do understand why they did in this case, and I'll get to that, but overall, I have no idea why. I didn't understand why they did with Danielson, they jobbed him out way to much, I guess they needed to give Cole material to bash him, but I disagree with it. So, Husky wins, pisses me off but I understand why.

So we get a promo between Hennig and Cannon, about facing The Miz. I'm trying to remember why Cannon doesn't like the Miz, thankfully they showed a video so I could remember. Kofi does a hi-pitch voice to get The Miz to agree to facing someone who is going to be weakened. Oh, and Kofi calls him Mike, during this. "Mike the Miz" or something, I enjoyed that. They haven't referred to him as Mike in years.

Then we get the match between Cannon and Hennig. Hennig destroys Lucky without breaking a sweat, so he'll be at like ninety-six percent for The Miz. I want to say even though Hennig uses a very standard move, he applies it so it looks like a finisher. He does a good job selling the swinging neckbreaker as a finisher. Now, this is why I think they had Harris beat Kaval. I'm pretty sure WWE want's Cannon gone and Harris on for a little awhile. So, they booked Harris with a victory over popular Kaval, and they make Lucky look like a total wuss. I mean, the fan percentage is only fifty, and they can pretty much tweak it to their liking, only for like one spot, so it's not like they really had to but I guess they want to showcase it realisitcally. So, this is just, securing Harris over Cannon. Personally, I don't care, none of them, have anything even slightly entertaining about them to me.

So, now the pros rate eachother. This was bad, I enjoyed Kofi insulting LayCool for making Kaval wear a pink shirt. Rhodes seemed stupid, he had no reason to say Kingston was the worst, I don't know why he said that besides cheap heel heat. Henry is right, Ryder would have to be considered the worst, he is also the only pro to be beat by a rookie. I wish they pushed Ryder, I really did. He didn't get to speak because Miz interrupted him, loved Morrison's comment "That he doesn't say anything original", and I'll be getting to that.

This leads into Riley vs. Watson, which was alright. Riley hits this cool DDT on the apron to Watson. Riley is on the apron and Watson sticks his head between the second and third rope, and Riley hooks it, and DDTs his head on the apron. It was awesome. Riley wins, another decent match. Watson's best offensive move was his running enzuigiri in my opinion, although he hit one good dropkick. He did two but only one of them was really good. I think Riley has the best finisher out of the eight of them. Maybe Kaval's beats him.

The show ends with Hennig versus Miz, and this was definitely the best match. I don't like how Hennig was handled here, Miz kind of dominating him. Like for most of the match, after one or two moves, Miz would regain control and dominate him for several minutes and repeat. Miz hits Regal's finisher, the knee one and both Cole and Miz really piss me off here. Cole pisses me off because he says he hits that move like HHH. I have never seen Triple H, do that move. He does a jumping running knee, sometimes not running, it's not the same move, and I don't know how he could make that mistake. It seriously pissed me off. Also, why did Miz stop doing the neckbreaker afterwards. I've been a fan of The Miz, since he debuted on Smackdown on 2006, because I liked his storyline with Boogeyman and Benoit (okay, they had like two or so matches). Even though he's gotten more successful, and better in the ring, he's gotten less unique. He's became more generic. His attire has became more generic, his hair (not to much), and his moveset. He stopped doing the Reality Check, which he did as a regular move for awhile after getting rid of it as a finisher. So, now he never does it. He use to do a one-handed bulldog where, he'd jump over the rope to the outside, and have his opponents neck on the ropes. Also, he use to do a bulldog to the corner. He had another one, I can't explain. So when he just does the knee, it pisses me off. Near the end, Hennig hits a succession of moves on the Miz, but Miz swipes his dropkick away and then spends three minutes before hitting him with the Skull Crushing Finale. That bugged me because after wasting so much time, Hennig has no fight left to like battle the Finale. Like, I agree Miz should've won but he shouldn't of just been hit by it without even seemingly fighting it. It makes him look weak. What's worse is that Matthews mentions that Miz is taken a long time to finish him off. Normally, you expect a guy to be able to recover. It's not going to be a big backlash, or even a small backlash, but it should've been booked differently. I sure as hell hope that Hennig doesn't blame his first match on Cannon because he destroyed Cannon quickly.

Anyways, pretty bad NXT. This show is normally really good, but the Kissing segment was plain idiotic, and most of the matches were just decent. Commentary was also off, and I normally like the commentary on NXT. I have a few problems with the booking, but I can understand why they did they things that ticked me off, for the most part. Hopefully next week is better.

Okay, so now it's your turn to comment on NXT, or my rant.
Back to top Go down

My Thoughts on NXT, August 3rd
Page 1 of 1