chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NXT, August 24th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

NXT, August 24th Empty
PostSubject: NXT, August 24th   NXT, August 24th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:13 am

Back again, for one of my last NXT reviews because next week, is the season finale of NXT season two. So, the only logical thing for WWE to do this week, was to not focus at all, on the NXT rookies. I'm kind of over exaggerrating but none of the rookies had a match. This is the last chance for fan votes for them to prove themselves, they realistically should have gotten a match. Based off that, this was a bad NXT and it was a bad NXT. Let's get this started...

Kaval challenges Rhodes, Rhodes versus MVP booked for later!

We kick off NXT with all three of the remaining rookies having, for the third straight week in a row, the chance to talk. Am I the only one sick of each week starting with the rookies getting the chance to speak out to the crowd? Haven't we had enough of that? Anyways, Joe pays a small tribute to his daddy, Curt Hennig, and it makes me wonder, why the fuck is he going by Michael McGillicutty. Just call him Joe Hennig, it really pisses me off. He talked about a few more things but nothing noteworthy. Alex Riley gets on the mic, and makes Hennig, Kaval, Rhodes, and MVP look like amateurs tonight. MVP and Rhodes talk in a bit, and MVP slips up, about twice. Oh, Riley was listing his positive traits. He says, "I can walk the walk, and I damn sure can talk it". He doesn't say that exactly, but he does say "Damn", can you say that with a PG rating? I don't think you can but he did. Anyways, Kaval gets on the mic, and bashes the hell out of Rhodes because Rhodes and his rookly(as Kaval said) jumped on Kaval last week. He challenges Rhodes to a match, Rhodes basically says "Fuck you, I'm a pro, and you're nothing!", MVP get's on his case, and then challenges Rhodes. Cody agrees and we cut to commercial, being promised off a trivia contest. So basically, the last chance at impressing us and the pros, is a trivia contest.

The total package can't think!

I've got three questions wrong in this contest. I got one on the Mean Street Posse wrong, and two wrong on the second round. I don't remember one, but I do remember the other one I got wrong, nobody got right, overall I did better than all three. Anyways, the contest had two rounds, the first, were easy questions worth a hundred, the second were harder questions that were worth two hundred. They weren't at all harder. Anyways, the first question, see if you know the answer, "who wrestled in the iron man match at Wrestlemania XII". I figured, everyone was going to slam their hand against the buzzer, no one does. Hennig eventually, in like ten seconds, hits in and says "HBK". Then he is asked to name his opponent, and Hennig has to start seriously thinking, what the fuck! How can he not know it's Bret Hart immediately, how!? He has to think about it being Hart, he got it right, but it really really pisses me off. Moving on, Hennig dominates, but Kaval starts getting better at it. Now, the only question, I recall Riley going for was the easiest one. "Who's theme starts with the lyrics 'You Think You Know Me'", all three of them just slam their hands against it, it was awesome. Hennig did it first, and of course he said Edge. Once it gets harder, it doesn't really get harder. "Which Hall Of Famer was the first Intercontinental champion?", that was an easy one. Kaval got it, Pat Patterson. There was another lyric one, I got that one wrong but for life of me I can't remember it. Riley says he doesn't care that he's been flunking. There was a question that stumps everyone, it was about some Dude team. It had Dude in the name, sorry I can't remember.. It was what vehicle, did "Dude team" come out to. They all pause for like twenty seconds, then Kaval says surfboard. Wrong. Then Riley, bless the man, says boogieboard. Wrong. Hennig doesn't want to make an ass out of himself, so he doesn't say anything, it was skateboard. The last question, the only one Riley got right, was "Who has won the WWE Championship the most" I'm like, it's Triple H but Riley is going to say The Rock. Instead, he says Triple H, and gets it right. Kaval wins, by two hundred I believe, and he gets his face plastered on WWE.com and a feature about him on WWE.com.

The Main Event, the only match.

MVP and Cody Rhodes is next, and I'm like, already? I thought this was going to be the main event, but the show is only half way through ... it was the main event. It lasted about thirty minutes long. It wasn't a good match, I actually zoned out watching the match several times, it was boring. It had plenty of good moments, in fact those moments combined, probably would of been a five or six minute match, would of been fine. That's like 3/15ths of the match is good. The rest was basically boring, and it wasn't treated main event by the commentating team. They said how great of a match it was but for most of it, they didn't talk about the match. The talked about next week, about Raw, about Smackdown, about Kaval, about all the rookies (as they decided not to give them any chance to prove themselves tonight) but at least, less than half of the time did they actually talk about the match. Oh, and MVP's and Rhodes attire is awful. MVP should go back to wearing sleeves, and I'm not going to rant about how Rhodes needs elbow and knee pads.

This NXT was awful, plain and simple. I hated it, probably the second worst NXT I've ever seen. Definitely not the worst but it was pretty awful.
Back to top Go down

NXT, August 24th
Page 1 of 1