chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NXT, August 17th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

NXT, August 17th Empty
PostSubject: NXT, August 17th   NXT, August 17th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:54 am

It's that time of the week again, another NXT, another rant. Now, I'm hoping for even more debate but whatever. This week, not as good as last week, but not as awful as two weeks ago. Albeit, two weeks ago had some good wrestling, but the kissing segment was beyond comprehension. Anyways, starting now...

Rap on Kaval, Rap on.

If you haven't seen NXT, you've read that right. Hell, if you're reading this, thank you! Anyways, before the double elimination, Striker gives them the whole choose your topic thing but can't be why you shouldn't be eliminated thing, again. Watson starts off, and his topic is 3D. This confused me, but it also intrigued me. Apparantely, he was talking about desire, dedication, and determination. I thought something like him jumping off the screen because of his charisma and in-ring skills might have been said, but I didn't know what to expect. It ended up being disappointing, no surpise there, really. He also mentions double D, that amused me. We then get Riley, who "apologizes" so to speak. He sounded saracastic, which makes so much sense. He doesn't think much of the universe, so I guess it makes sense that he would try to trick them, but still be able to insult them. That's how I took it anyways. Oh, except with Striker, he apologized but took it back because he said that was funny and he doesn't regret it. Then Hennig takes the mic, and he rags on everyone. He calls Watson... what the fuck did he say to Watson? I can't remember, I didn't think it was good anyway. He derails Kaval's size of the fight in the dog theory by saying "Have you ever seen a Chiwawa in a fight? It's not good", along those lines. He calls Riley the Otunga, of season two. Claiming, he can talk but he can't wrestle worth a lick. That's true for Otunga, who also can't sing by the way, but definitely not true for Riley. It was cool to hear though. He goes to Harris, I'm thinking, "I can't wait to see how Joe bashes this asshole", he walks up to Harris and says "Sorry, but I'm winning this competition." What the fuck!? I was laughing honestly, that's all he can say to Harris. I guess he was running out of time. Then, we get Kaval and Kaval... raps. I watched this seven times, literrally rewinded and rewatched six times because Kaval raps. This is the most awesome thing since Elmo sang Pride, a "Slide" (Goo Goo Dolls) parody with John Rzeznik. What am I saying, this was more awesome than that. Here are some of his lines "Showtime you're too kind, Riley you just whine", "Joe, I mean Michael", I actually don't remember what he said after that but I was marking out, even more than I already was, because he called him by his real, and what should be his wrestling, name. The best was against Husky, "Breaking the mold and breaking labels, but what he breaks most is call buffet tables". You have to watch it. Oh, and at the end, in the background, Hennig starts gansta dancing. I'm not sure if that's what to call it but he does the wailing his hands up and down near his like crotch area, with the hand symbols. I only noticed that the third time. I will say this about Kaval's rap, it was definitely better than Donegan's. Then Husky talks about cowboy boots, and ends by saying both him and the devil, wear cowboy boots. That was kind of strange. After all this, they announced who is eliminated, only one, and they switch to the draft meathod. Where you see all the guys flash on the screen before it reveals who is gone and it's Watson. Anyone surpised. We knew he was going home, I even knew he was going to be first gone. Oh Yeah!

Zack Rydes Hennig

I had to. Anyway, this was an alright match, the better of the two pro vs. rookie matches we get tonight. Hennig is just beating Zack up, hitting running leaping moves, dropkicks, doing a much more high flying offense I guess. Ryder get's a few moves now and then, the best looking one, besides the finish, was a big boot to Hennig. Anyways, it ends with Ryder guillotining Hennig with the ropes, and then hitting a great looking Rough Ryder. My only complaint is, why did Ryder get rid of the half long, half short tights look? It makes no sense. It was original and I didn't think he looked stupid. I can accept the Miz becoming more generic because he's been getting a push out of all that, maybe because of that. Ryder, Ryder hasn't been getting a push, he hasn't had one since WWECW ended really. It pisses me off...

Does Layla love Kaval? Does anyone care?

We get this stupid back stage segment, where it starts off with McCool and Layla chanting "Kaval's fired up, Kaval get fired up!", and then I wish they died. Once they stopped chanting, that stopped, but god I hate their gimmick. Anyways, then they go to real talk mode, and Michelle starts questioning if Layla loves Kaval. Which, I don't care about, if it leads to Layla turning face and ending Lay-Cool, that's good. If not, this was pointless. Then Layla leaves Michelle, so we get to see McCool alone for awhile and Harris puts the moves on her. McCool tells him off, and he tells her that after he beats her boy, her mind will convert to Husky.

Kaval beats Husky

Harris dominates Kaval at the beginning of the match. Eventually, he irish whips Kaval who turns it around and then plants him with his rolling wheel kick. Which was awesome. I didn't notice it, but he actually hits him with both of his feet this time. Normally, only one conects, but both hit, watch when they replay it at the end of the match. Later on, Harris looks as if he is going to his horrible finisher, but hits Kaval with a weak toe kick instead. He lifts him up, and hits him with another move, that looked botched. I guess it's an rotating Rock Bottom. He has Kaval in the position for Rock Bottom, and then he rotates his body a bit before slamming him to the mat. It looked botched. Matthews, I think, comments that he doesn't think Harris got all of it. Anyways, Kaval kicks out, to what I assume is Harris new, one day only (hopefully, I don't want to see him again but I will) finisher. Because it worked so well, he goes for it again, and it's countered into a DDT. Then Kaval hits one of the best Warriors Way he's done on NXT, and get's the win. Maybe it appeared to me as the best, and I didn't mention this last week, because he's one on Hennig, his feet hit the mat, around him, not the point though. Thank god they stopped with this jobbing Kaval out crap. Oh, and what the fuck is up with Cole? He starts really bashing Kaval, because he is only here because of the internet, with Matthews defending him. I think Kaval's epic rap really got under Cole's skin, because he was bashing Kaval a lot after that too.

Quick Thing

Cole and Matthews recap us on what happened between Kane and Taker at Summerslam, and announced Kane will explain why on Smackdown. Why the fuck couldn't they just show a video package of the attack though? They whipped up on for what happened on Raw, why couldn't they do it for what happened with Kane and Taker. They just talked while they showed three pictures. You know, like they do in Road to Wrestlemania for the Smackdown vs. Raw games, but that makes sense. This didn't.

David Otunga The Second Get's Squashed

Alex Riley takes on Kofi and he doesn't get an entrance. Now, as a rule of thumb in wrestling or maybe just WWE, if you don't get an entrance and are already in the ring, you're jobbing. So right away, I know Riley is losing to Kofi. Also, when did they stop saying that Kingston is jamican? I assume awhile ago but I don't remember. Riley hit's like one non strike move. Like he did quite a few strikes, but I only remember him hitting one move on Kingston otherwise albeit, I wasn't paying too much attention. Kingston kicks his ass, and Cole implies this may help him. That was fucking stupid but luckily, Matthews said that, PG wise but still.

Matthews Stops Making Sense

So, Striker asks Cole and Matthews who should win and who should go home. Cole says Riley should win and Kaval should go home, because he's a douchebag. Then, Matthews agrees with him. Why? Like tonight alone, that makes no sense. Once again, Cole's a douche, so I can see why he hates on Kaval, but Josh was defending Kaval earlier today. Not to mention, Riley just moments ago, got squashed by Kingston. I don't recall Matthews said that Danielson, Daniel Bryan (hate using that name) should go home, and his record was ten times worse than Kavals. Maybe, I'm wrong, but it fucking pissed me off!

Goodbye The Army Tank With A Ferrari Engine ... Get A Shorter Nickname!

Thank the lord no more Harris! I know he'll be back but I'm glad he's gone for now. This guy sucked, his in ring work was nothing short of almost decent, his personality was zero to one, his nickname was too god damn long. What's worse is everyone in the company is kissing his ass. John Cena is kissing his ass. Stone Cold Steve Austin, is kissing his ass. Two of the biggest names in WWE's history, do not debate me on that, have kissed his ass. The only thing I like about this guy, is that he just got eliminated. Then Rhodes gets on the mic and rips everyone, not letting Harris speak, thank god. I agree with him that Ryder isn't a pro. Anyways, they attack Kaval, everyone get's invovled, helping Kaval. Kaval eventually hits a Warriors Way on him, while he is outside the ring, awesome. Not greatly executed mind you, but great none the less. Anyone else find it funny that Riley is like a face during the eliminations. I saw him help Kaval, and last week he shook Lucky Cannon's hand. Anyways, Kaval, Hennig, and Riley are on, Season two is near ending, but it's going to be freaking awesome. Not one of these guys are bad, and I don't give a crap who wins! See you next week.
Back to top Go down

NXT, August 17th
Page 1 of 1