chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NXT, August 10th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

NXT, August 10th Empty
PostSubject: NXT, August 10th   NXT, August 10th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:18 am

Last week, I started ranting on NXT, and it only got twenty-four views, most of which was probably me, but I digress. So, I was a little disappointed, because I was hoping to get some comments, maybe it's because of the fact that it's NXT and no one watches it as much as me on the site. Maybe it's because of the title having "My" in it, or that I covered everything. Personally, I'm going with it was too long and no one cared enough to read it. Which is fine, this is a fun time waster thing I like to do, plus it helps activity. Very little but it's in the wrestling section.

Cold Opening

The cold opening of this show introduce the power of the punch thing, and once you get over Cole attire, you just know Kaval is going to kick it, and he did which was awesome but not a part of this. Cole, while wearing The Miz's Awesome T-shirt, Cena shoulder bands and headband, and a toy WWE title around his waist, get's a score that beats most of the rookies. Then Matthews, gets a score that only Hennig and Riley beat. I don't know why they showed this, sure I found it amusing and it set up for a self-explainatory challenge, but it leads to making it appear as Cole is stronger than most of them, which is just plain wrong.

Power Of The Punch

Firstly, thank god it's not a fucking kissing contest and that it actually has a connection to actually wrestling. So, just based off comparsion, this was miles ahead. It still wasn't to entertaining, except Kaval's kick. Hennig sets a score of around eight hundred, everyone else scores below Cole, except for Riley, he beats Hennig's. So, he'll be on Raw, which should be entertaining, I'd like to see Riley play bodygaurd for Miz. Like, Miz goes to cash in Money in the Bank, and to make sure no one interrupts him, Riley acts as his bodygaurd.

Commercial break promo

During the commerical, Miz and Morrison get into an arguement, leading to them setting up a match later. First, I can't decide if I'm pissed or glad that this happened during the break. I'm pissed because it makes me think it's not to important, I'm glad because we got the shorten version, as those promos could take a little long. I find it funny that Morrison doesn't think Miz deserves to be on the team, when since the split, Morrison has been beaten by Morrison every single time they fought. I think it's like five or four matches that Miz beat Morrison.

Raw Rematch

I thought I was going to hate this because I hated it on Raw. Especially the ending, where Harris beat Kaval, I despise Harris so much. This was however a pretty enjoyable match. Cannon, for the first and last time, impressed me. Of course, Bobby Lashley did the move that impressed me ten times better but still, congrats to Cannon for being able to jump over the top rope, because during the replay I realized he barely did it. So glad he got eliminated. When we return, as normal, the heels, and Hennig, are now in the lead. Why is Hennig always paired with the heels, no one cares about Cannon, why not swap those two? Anyways, it made sense here, and I'll get to that. Kaval eventually gets in, and then the whole breakdown spots happen. If you watched closely, you saw Riley run backwards, to the ropes so Lucky can clothesline him outside. Not sure if that was intentional but boy did it look stupid. Kaval then pins Hennig, and boy did he need that. Hennig, has been the most highly pushed rookie thus far, Kaval, has been a constant jobber, which really pisses me off, I think his only wins are during six men tag matches, so this was a great way to build up Kaval. This jobbing angle with Kaval, makes no sense to me, but Hennig was the best guy to have lose to Kaval.

Frenemies

"Frenemies", dumbest thing Matthews has ever said. I do love the commentary on this show, though. This was, overall a pretty good match, but Morrison seemed a little off. For example, you know how he does the standing shooting star press, well when he did it, he completely missed him, or was going to. He extended his arm, so his arm dropped on The Miz following the momentuem of the shooting star press, which is actually kind of cool. I doubt it was intentionally, it might of been, highly doubt it, or he realized he was going to miss so he threw that in. Also, when he did the corkscrew plancha, he hits him with his legs. That's not how the Move is suppose to end. Anyways, after the commercial break, none of that happened. Loved the finish, Morrison goes for his reversal kick, Miz avoids and Morrison's foot, slams into the turnbuckle, followed by the Skull Crushing Finale. Besides Morrison's flaws in this match, it was really good and definitely match of the night. Yeah, there's only two matches.

Elimination

Riley became my hero in this segment. Striker was asking everyone who should go home, and Riley says "Well, besides you because you're really annoying me with your stupid questions" something like that, it was awesome. Kaval is number one, which is great, Hennig is two, also great, Watson is three, which is fine, Harris is fourth, which is bullshit, Riley is five, bigger bullhshit, and Cannon is going home. Is anyone surpised by this? The commentators, both of them, were basically bashing Lucky, Matthews didn't do it nearly as much as Cole but he did. He was very generic and had no stand out qualities.

Next week, two people are going home, I'm hoping on Harris and Watson.

Shorter this week because I really liked NXT, which is different from last week, much different. Only two matches, but for the most part, they were pretty great. I'm also pretty tired, I'm not going to bed for about fifeteen minutes, but it does affect (is that correct?) my ability to rant my ass off.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

NXT, August 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT, August 10th   NXT, August 10th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:04 pm

As long as Harris doesn't win, I am fine with it. I do think he will get on TV somehow and that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

NXT, August 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT, August 10th   NXT, August 10th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:35 pm

I'm hoping Riley wins.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

NXT, August 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT, August 10th   NXT, August 10th Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:26 pm

If Kaval, Riley, or Henning wins, I will be happy with that.
Back to top Go down
Trixx
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-08-11

NXT, August 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT, August 10th   NXT, August 10th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Riley ftw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NXT, August 10th Empty
PostSubject: Re: NXT, August 10th   NXT, August 10th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NXT, August 10th
Page 1 of 1