chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10   Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm

I think a thread based around Raw works better. I'll post my thoughts later, for the same reasons I normally do. Here are the results...

I. Edge defeated R-Truth via Spear.

II. Chris Jericho defeated Khali via Walls of Jericho.

III. Melina defeated Jillian via Last Call to retain the Diva's Championship.

IV. The Miz defeated John Cena via DQ after Daniel Bryan attacked Miz.

V. Santino Marrella & Vladimir Kozlov defeated The Usos via Iron Curtian on Jey Uso.

VI. Randy Orton defeated Ted DiBiase and John Morrison via RKO on Morrison.

VII. Sheamus defeated Zack Ryder via Brogue Kick to retain the WWE Championship.

Last edited by Y2J X on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10   Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:40 pm

You forgot the 2 second Sheamus match.

I think that RAW was good this week. I really wish I had the money to go next week. The best match of the night was Miz vs. Jericho. And Maryse looked really goood, just saying.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10   Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:20 pm

^Oh yeah, I added it, thanks. This was a pretty okay Raw, not as good as pre-Summerslam Raw, but definitely better than last week.

Edge vs. R-Truth was a pretty good match, nice finish, and I loved Truth's split. It was pointless but it looked cool.

Jericho vs. Khali sucked, big though. Not that it came as a surpise, glad to see that Jericho made the guy tap.

Melina vs. Jillian was also bad. Loved Melina's splits (as she did two) but the match made little to no sense to me. What the hell has Jillian done to deserve a Diva's Championship match, and what was the point of having her dominate Melina? Plus, the finish was weak, Jillian misses a leg drop, and gets up in the position for the Last Call, and stays in the position for about twenty seconds before Melina gets on her. Oh, and LayCool made me want to kill myself, but I'm interested in what the offer is.

The Miz vs. Cena was pretty damn great, I love the way Miz stalked Cena, much better than Orton's. The finish was obvious, but it was really enjoyable. Not to mention, Bryan locks in his omplata crossface, that has to be one of my favorite variants of the crossface, only slightly losing out to the arm-trap crossface (crippler crossface).

Santino Marrella match... means it was awful and unentertaining. Kozlov gained my interest in the match, and Jey hit a really good kick on Santino. The storyline with Tamina is retarded though.

The triple threat was okay, I'm a bit pissed by how much WWE is putting Orton over. The guy hasn't been looked even the slightest bit mortal, he destroys Sheamus four times in a row (even when Sheamus is the one who interferees in his match) in, wins every match, destroyed Gabriel, was standing at tall at the end of Raw, it's kind of pissing me off. Oh, and that was the worst mid-air RKO Orton's ever done.

Two more things, first, why didn't the rest of Nexus come out to help Barrett? I didn't get that. Secondly, Maryse didn't look hot in my opinion, she looked awful. The dress was absolutely awful, the colors didn't mesh well and the belt was completely tacky. Yeah, I care about fashion, and the dress was horrid.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10   Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:32 pm

I haven't seen it yet, I am still on vacation, without a TV, but I will be watching the clips soon. I will be home to see the 900th episode next week though. I am gettin on an air plane on Wed, so I'll be home soon.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10   Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:27 am

Sheamus vs. Ryder = Best match of the night.

Also; how can it be a 2 second match, if it takes 3 seconds to pin ; D
Just Sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10   Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Two seconds without the pin. So it was a four 0r five second match. Big Whoop.
Back to top Go down
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
Bastard

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10   Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:29 pm

-times with a stopwatch-

Oh wait... I broke my stop watch : [
Back to top Go down
Master Of Destruction
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
Master Of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10   Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:35 pm

How long was that match?
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10   Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Master Of Destruction wrote:
How long was that match?

It was around twleve seconds. Watching a youtube video of it that's 2:55 long. The bell rings (to start the match) at about 1:43, and rings (to end the match) at about 1:55, so yeah twelve or so seconds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10   Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Raw 8/23/10
Page 1 of 1