chaingangsoldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again Empty
PostSubject: Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again   Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:35 am

Quote :

Posted by: Corey Santiago

UFC President, Dana White has revealed he will release UFC Hall of Famer, Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell if Liddell wants to continue his fighting career.

Speaking during the UFC 116 pre-fight press conference, Dana said:

“He’ll never fight in the UFC again. Can Chuck Liddell still make money? Could I make money off of Chuck Liddell? Yes. I don’t want that money. I don’t want to make that kind of money. I’m not interested in that. He won’t do it again. He cannot do it again. It will not happen again.”

“The last time when were sitting down, and this guy is somebody that I care about and respect and consider a friend of mine, and he’s like, ‘Listen, I didn’t take it serious. I’m going to train for this one. I’m going to train like I’ve never trained before.’ We had that conversation, and he did. He kept his word, and he did everything like he said he would do. He looked phenomenal.”

“My problem isn’t with Chuck Liddell’s getting in shape or any of that stuff. The problem is Chuck’s chin. Anybody who’s been in this sport long enough knows you used to be able to hit him in the face with a crowbar, and you couldn’t even wobble him. That’s not the case any more. It’s not worth it to me. Chuck’s a smart guy and a reasonable guy. I’m going to have the talk with him tonight that all the guys that have their heads shoved up his ass won’t.”

“We’ll have that conversation. I guess if he asked me to release him, I’d release him. That’s not what I want. Everybody knows how I feel about Chuck Liddell. Not only has he been a great friend, he’s been a great business partner, a great champion and a great representative of the UFC. Being one of those guys that when we all came from nothing and then everything blew up – and this guy got more fame and money and all this stuff – he really kept it together. We’ve had a couple of speed bumps, but that can happen to anybody. He’s really kept it together and been a great guy.”

I would hate to see it and I know that someone (Strikeforce) would give Chuck a fight, but I hope Dana White does what he says he will do in this situation. Liddel has absolutely nothing to prove to anyone. He is the great LHW in UFC history and I wish he could let his career be what it is. He should have retired after he be Silva back in 07, but he went out and got KOed a bunch of times. I know Strikeforce will give him a contract because they will let anyone with name recognition fight. Kimbo, Hershal Walker, they will let anyone fight. They would probably give Screech from Saved by the Bell a fight if he ask for it.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again   Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Screech probably wouldn't be able to make weight for any of Strikeforce's weight classes.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Concrete Jesus

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again   Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:40 pm

He could fight Cyborg. Smile
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
babaganoosh

Male Number of posts : 9908
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again   Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:35 pm

He wouldn't make weight Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again   Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dana White Says He Will Release Chuck Liddell If He Wants To Fight Again
Page 1 of 1